Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    This entire Season Pass is getting beyond Irritating. Gears of War 3, I think was one of the first to do it, since then everyone does it. It's pretty much saying:

"Give us your money in advance and we knock a bit of the price off, heh heh....."

So in the long run i end up paying less, what's the problem? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Launch Trailer, I always enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm completly confused over Elite Premium. I bought it last year and thought it would roll over for the Blops 2 DLC.
    I used the hell out of MW2 DLC but not really Blops/MW3.
    Does elite roll over or can / should I just cancel it?
    Presumably I can cancel it by logging onto it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Campaign definitely looks to be shaping up nicely.

Can see myself renting this now...which is an improvement on my previous sentiments.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Launch Trailer, I always enjoy them.

looks like more of the same linear get from A to B while **** explodes everywhere and you have little to no involvement in anything going on around you. the COD campaigns need to evolve drastically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

krudler wrote: »
    looks like more of the same linear get from A to B while **** explodes everywhere and you have little to no involvement in anything going on around you. the COD campaigns need to evolve drastically.

If you fail the strikeforce missions, it effects the whole campaign apparently. You also get to pick which missions you select and other become unavailable. So at least they're trying something different, but it is still probably A to B in the actual SP missions though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Fu*kin love AC/DC!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

IPAM wrote: »
    Fu*kin love AC/DC!!! :p

I did kind of roll my eyes because it was back in black for blops 2 :P

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If you fail the strikeforce missions, it effects the whole campaign apparently. You also get to pick which missions you select and other become unavailable. So at least they're trying something different, but it is still probably A to B in the actual SP missions though :/

Pfft, Lylat Wars on the N64 had that more or less!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I never pre-order games, but I pre-ordered this today because of Nuketown 2025. It better be worth it dammit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

This gets me excited: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/achievements/ I am interested in the ''Ten K'' one. Really excited for this game now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Action games often contain quite alot of action :). Honestly dont know how they could evolve SP anymore.

COD single player always reminds me of wack-a-mole. They're extremely polished but ultimately an extremely shallow and linear experience.

5fa3ea23_fps-map-design-then-and-now-10705-1289245688-26.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I played 2 levels of MW3 single player before becoming bored. They haven't changed since COD4 ( which actually had some unique missions). I doubt theres too many who buy for single player nowadays.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I usually dick around in SP a bit before I play MP, just to get a bit of a feel for the guns or whatever. Then I might go back to play it later on if I feel like doing any of the achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Is it just me then? I always play the SP through on hardened and usually go back to complete it on Veteran.

I love the challenge that the veteran offers... I may get pissed off at some points but will stay going till I finish it!

The addition of survival mode in MW3 was great then too, bit of fun with a little challenge!

EDIT: Oh and the Cod4 campaign, I have to agree, was brilliant from start to finish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Is it just me then? I always play the SP through on hardened and usually go back to complete it on Veteran.

I love the challenge that the veteran offers... I may get pissed off at some points but will stay going till I finish it!

The addition of survival mode in MW3 was great then too, bit of fun with a little challenge!

EDIT: Oh and the Cod4 campaign, I have to agree, was brilliant from start to finish!!

Did it on MW2/COD4/Blops and was about 3/4 way through on MW3 when my SP save corrupted and lost everything to do with SP. I'll probably do it at some stage but that lvl where you're in a tank in an underground car park..... I .... just....can't face it again

Majority here are multiplayer gamers only anyway.

Enjoyed MW3's single player. Wasn't on CoD4's level, arguably not on MW2's level neither but it was good nonetheless 4 hours or so put in. Enjoyed it more than the multiplayer that's for sure.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I always play it through on Veteran from the off, don't have the patience to play any single player through more than once. A lot of swearing and throwing of controllers is involved.

I like the campaigns in all the COD games I've played. They're linear for sure but I see them more as interactive action movies than anthing, the real gaming is in multi-player for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

I always think I get my moneys worth in terms of the campaign. I have only been disappointed in only one CoD campaign and that was CoD: 3. BO1 was good, got a bit meh in places but the missions like in Vietnam or in Kow Loon were really fun. MW2 was by far my favorite campaign, regardless of the flaws of MW2, the story, fluency and characters in MW2 was fantastic. MW3 was good also but it couldn't quite keep up with the high MW2 left you with but none the left had fantastic moments like:

Fighting on the bridge in Paris as you try to hold out for extraction, eventually you begin to run out of ammo then airstrikes level the eiffel tower. By far my favorite part in the campaign.

I always think I get my moneys worth in terms of the campaign. I have only been disappointed in only one CoD campaign and that was CoD: 3. BO1 was good, got a bit meh in places but the missions like in Vietnam or in Kow Loon. MW2 was by far my favorite campaign, regardless of the flaws of MW2, the story, fluency and characters in MW2 was fantastic. MW3 was good also but it couldn't quite keep up with the high MW2 left you with but none the left had fantastic moments like:

Aye, Soap and Captain Price are legends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Aye, Soap and Captain Price are legends.

MW3 Campaign
    It's still too early to talk about Soap, RIP :(

I always think I get my moneys worth in terms of the campaign. I have only been disappointed in only one CoD campaign and that was CoD: 3. BO1 was good, got a bit meh in places but the missions like in Vietnam or in Kow Loon. MW2 was by far my favorite campaign, regardless of the flaws of MW2, the story, fluency and characters in MW2 was fantastic. MW3 was good also but it couldn't quite keep up with the high MW2 left you with but none the left had fantastic moments like:

Fighting on the bridge in Paris as you try to hold out for extraction, eventually you begin to run out of ammo then airstrikes level the eiffel tower. By far my favorite part in the campaign.

Bit in spoilers, it was so brilliantly done.

Gulag/Prison escape in both MW2 and BOPS was excellent as well, the Zimmer score in the former just added that some extra to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Not a fan of military shooters outside of MP, for the most part... they're just on-rail experiences with lots of explosions. Too many other good SP games in my backlog to be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Magill wrote: »
    Not a fan of military shooters outside of MP, for the most part... they're just on-rail experiences with lots of explosions. Too many other good SP games in my backlog to be played.

Too true! I've never been blown away by the campaigns for any CoD BF etc games. I only ever play them when forced offline coz the interwebs has exploded n I fancy a shooter game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Magill wrote: »

What I wouldn't give for Hidden & Dangerous 3, although like Operation Flashpoint it'd be probably violated beyond recognition.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

video-game-memes-the-call-of-duty-cycle.jpg

Action games often contain quite alot of action :). Honestly dont know how they could evolve SP anymore.

COD4 got the balance right, stealth, action, decent plot, the ac-130 mission, nice mixed bag. with MW3 it was like the game was playing itself and you were just along for the ride. best COD mission ever is still All Ghillied Up/One Shot One Kill, fantastic level.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

krudler wrote: »
    COD4 got the balance right, stealth, action, decent plot, the ac-130 mission, nice mixed bag. with MW3 it was like the game was playing itself and you were just along for the ride. best COD mission ever is still All Ghillied Up/One Shot One Kill, fantastic level.

That's the one where the guys repel from the helicopter and you're in the playground? If so, that mission was the nuts!!

That's the one where the guys repel from the helicopter and you're in the playground? If so, that mission was the nuts!!

Indeed, the getting to Pripyat with Capt McMillan as a younger Price. The atmosphere in that level is unreal, the reconstruction of Pripyat itself is excellent. Then there's the whole taking out Zakhaev with the sniper rifle and the chase, the holding ground at the ferris wheel, awesome stuff. I liked how that was tied into MW3 as well that Makarov was present in the assassination attempt scene, nice touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I see that there's a new hack out for the ps3 :rolleyes:

Remember the last hack? It destroyed cod mp

Advertisement