Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

In relation to the train station please note that construction is still on time with an opening time on the train station as end of June/start July.
    Construction of the road and other ancillary works commenced at the train station end and they are working out towards Ongar road, you may not notice much difference at the moment but they are working hard! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 crazzzyyy

thank you for the reply ....I will send you my email :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

crazzzyyy, you were asked to ditch the text speak and you agreed to do it, yet you persist with it! Leave it out please or face a banning

By way of an update for everyone the train station opened last Friday and is now fully operational!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

marksquirt wrote: »
    By way of an update for everyone the train station opened last Friday and is now fully operational!

Now all they have to to is build an access path for the residents of Barnwell to use the station from the east of their development or will that take several more years? It's crazy to think that even though the station is just a couple of 100 meters away, you have to walk westwards back out to the main Barnwell Hansfield entrance, all along the Ongar Road and then onto the new access road to use the station. That must take over 20 minutes I would say? Hardly a station on your doorstep as the property brochure advertised!!

This means it is nearer for most Ongar residents than it is for the actual Hansfield residents!

• Advertisement

I noticed two very large cranes to the west of Barnwell Hansfield this afternoon. Does anyone know what development or activity is going on that these cranes are being used for?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dubdec99

They've located Jimmy Hoffa's remains....

Actually they're building 2 new educate together schools, primary and secondary, as far as I'm aware

Could you please explain to me what a horrible stench stretches around? if someone can do something about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

crazzzyyy wrote: »
    Could you please explain to me what a horrible stench stretches around? if someone can do something about it?

manure spreading on fields

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

dubdec99 wrote: »
    They've located Jimmy Hoffa's remains....

Actually they're building 2 new educate together schools, primary and secondary, as far as I'm aware

Isn't that beside the train station? The cranes are at the opposite end.

• Advertisement

thank You for reply...hopely that will go away soon..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

dubdec99 wrote: »

Wait, are there not already 4 schools in the area(2 south of Ongar Village and another 2 north of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 robsumbo

i live on the drive and i hate the kip

robsumbo wrote: »
    i live on the drive and i hate the kip

Out of interest, what is it that you hate about the place?

I live in Barnwell for the last 5 years and I love the estate. If you don't like the estate that much I suggest you sell and move away. I'm not sure whats not to like so I also out of interest would like to know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I think robsumbo may just be a bit of a troll - ignore their comment unless they come back to provide some grownup additions ot the thread.

everything about the place ie the parking places are a joke the management company are a joke wanting us to pay for window cleaner not in 5 years has anybody knocked on my door to clean windows the roads are a mess the flower beds are a bigger joke havent bn look at since they frist put the estate up for sale if i cud afford to move again i wud marksquirt

@robsumbo, if you are going to reply here I suggest you use punctuation and spell your words entirely in order that others may understand what you are trying to say. A big block of text like that above is very hard to read.
    Please have a read of the charter here before responding again.

GASPODE IM SURE PEOPLE CAN READ WHAT IM SAYING I DONT THINK THEIR AS DUMM AS YOU ARE MAKING PROPLE OUT TO BE

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Regardless of whether or not people can understand what you've posted, it's simple good manners to ensure your post is properly constructed and legible. Failure to to so in the future may result in your removal from this forum. This is not up for discussion.

• Advertisement

Has anybody heard anything about the mcgarrell group,as they seemly bought some land in the estate ,which is unfinised.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭root69

Hi,
    any knows if there are new developments in Hansfield?

I have been told to look at Manor Park (http://www.manorpark.ie/), but their contact do not seems to work.

Thank you

root69 wrote: »
    Hi,
    any knows if there are new developments in Hansfield?

I have been told to look at Manor Park (http://www.manorpark.ie/), but their contact do not seems to work.

Thank you

I use Hansfield Station every day and noticed a new planning notice recently on the railings on the way up requesting extension of the duration of planning for the development of Hansfield (to include 100s of apartments/houses/retail etc) so maybe they plan to develop in the near future?

I'd just be happy if they did up the boarded up ghost houses remaining in Barnwell and offer them for sale. I suspect the so called shortage of housing in Dublin they are now talking about means it is somewhat economical to start releasing these homes to the market again?

ongarboy wrote: »
    I use Hansfield Station every day and noticed a new planning notice recently on the railings on the way up requesting extension of the duration of planning for the development of Hansfield (to include 100s of apartments/houses/retail etc) so maybe they plan to develop in the near future?

I'd just be happy if they did up the boarded up ghost houses remaining in Barnwell and offer them for sale. I suspect the so called shortage of housing in Dublin they are now talking about means it is somewhat economical to start releasing these homes to the market again?

The shortage of housing is present and sure is an interesting factor. But new homes means the builders need funding to progress. If they dont get it from the banks then they need to generate revenue from building, which their not doing it because of lack of money.. kind of a cycle.

So i think the shortage will be slowly answered by homeowners that want to sell their properties for whatever the reasons... This will create dynamic on the market and support the banks be reducing their losses. (whether is by homeowners repaying their mortgages or new owners requesting for loans). This will make banks more comfortable to than land for investment (builders), and this initiates the new home availability..

This is just a though!! I am no expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 agmamar

Hi
    Anyone knows what a guide price will be for the new houses at Barnwell?

agmamar wrote: »
    Hi
    Anyone knows what a guide price will be for the new houses at Barnwell?

**I have edited this post** Information I provided is incorrect.

I see the new school to the west of Barnwell is really starting to take shape however I feel sorry for the row of houses immediately to the east of it. The school building (3 storeys) really overshadows them and blocks any evening sunlight. I wonder did the house buyers there know that this was going to be built on their doorstep and be so bulky and overshadowing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

ongarboy wrote: »
    I wonder did the house buyers there know that this was going to be built on their doorstep and be so bulky and overshadowing?

It was on the plans for the area, not sure if the size was included, I was told of it in 2006. Residents of Ongar gave plenty of warning to what was likely coming in Feb 2008.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055234146

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭moonfish

Who is the main contact for residents association ...need to contact them urgently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

moonfish wrote: »
    Who is the main contact for residents association ...need to contact them urgently

Try Twitter if you're stuck:

https://twitter.com/barnwellrc

Advertisement