Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supplement advice

• 27-03-2013 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey,

Thanks for anyone who replies to my post, just a little confused on what type of supplements I should/could be taking that would be beneficial to my health n fitness.

At the moment I take fish oil tabs, I also take ON whey protein after my workouts. I do weights 4 times a week n also run 4 times a week.

My diet would be fairly clean 6 days a week and usually 1 day I would go out for a bite to eat and cinema. I rarely drink, maybe once a month and a busy month maybe twice.

I've lost 10kg since Xmas so any advice on extra supps I could be taking to help with loosing fat and gaining strength would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Keep eating clean and working your ass off in the gym and you won't need any extra supplements. If you lost 10kg, there's nothing stopping you losing more.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭ianoleader

hey like the person who started this thread i have lost some weight but on the other side i put it back on and now have lost a half a stone in the week so i was reading up on creatine and whey protein that the creatine provides extra energy plus endurance and that the protein is good for:
    Weight Loss
    Assists in increasing in muscle mass
    Assist in cancer treatment
    Increase in glutathione levels (your body’s main water-based anti-oxidant)
    Decrease in HIV symptoms
    Decrease in triglycerides
    Decrease in total cholesterol while increasing HDL (good cholesterol)
    Increase in immune system function
    Increase in power in sports
    Decreased recovery time and symptoms of over-training
    and i was wondering do ye think i should include these supplements as part of my workout plans like on the days i am working out now mind you i have been having the protein pre/post workout mainly because protein is a slow burner so it would last longer while I'm working out and find it a great help so far to my days in the gym but i have been wanting to last longer and lift a little heavier and a little longer. which is why i am considering using a creatine powder to mix with my protein powder. so what i am really asking is it ok for my diet and workout to take while i am still trying to lose weight. all answers are welcomed.

Advertisement