Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

menoscemo wrote: »
    That's waht I'll be doing. 20 on the saturday morning and the race the following day...hope it doesn't affect my performace too much.

ClaraLara, you could also do the LSR midweek/friday evening and be well rested for the race. Just swap the 5 miler for your midweek speed session...

You can't use yourself as an example, the rest of us are only mortal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

claralara wrote: »
    I must also bear in mind that I seize up while I breath in the stench of my stale sweat)
    mrslow wrote: »
    You've done that on every run we've been on together, myself and Digger always stay up wind of you.:D

She really didn't look the type but you never do know....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Myself and Digger always try to stay up ahead of you but we're just not good / fast / talented enough to keep up with you. Tear. :(
    digger2d2 wrote: »
    She really didn't look the sub 2.45 marathon type but you never do know.... lesson learned, never judge a book by its cover. In any event I quite enjoy running behind her... I can learn alot from that gazelle-like running form she has ;)

Cheer lads but flattery will get yee nowhere!!

Cheer lads but lying to myself is getting me nowhere!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

All advise on the race is grand you could move your week around to get the long run done mid week and race the weekend but I'd skip the race as get the long run done on Sat then enjoy the beers sat night . Marathon is your A race and you don't really need to race the 5 miles now. Stick to your training plan there will be lots more races :)

p.s
    I don't usually listen to my own advise.

• Advertisement

I just wanted to highlight this
    A title to motivate the stubbornness within – I do not want to fail on this.

Connemarathon – 14 weeks. It’ll be my first time running in Connemara. It’ll be my first marathon. Will it be the biggest mistake I’ve ever made? Hopefully not. I’ve decided to buck up and commit 100% as I will have only myself to blame if it all goes to pot. So from now on I will train hard, I will eat better, I will drink less alcohol and more water and I will complete Connemara with a desire to run again and not the wish to hang up my runners.

I hope that this time 14 weeks, the discipline will have paid off and the regrets will be nil!

in light of this
    I could do the race and then do a very easy 9 miles after... Hmmm.

I must also bear in mind that I will be consuming a few beverages on the night of Saturday 29th.

LSR on Saturday then. :pac:
    menoscemo wrote: »
    That's waht I'll be doing. 20 on the saturday morning and the race the following day...hope it doesn't affect my performace too much.

ClaraLara, you could also do the LSR midweek/friday evening and be well rested for the race. Just swap the 5 miler for your midweek speed session...
    shels4ever wrote: »
    All advise on the race is grand you could move your week around to get the long run done mid week and race the weekend but I'd skip the race as get the long run done on Sat then enjoy the beers sat night . Marathon is your A race and you don't really need to race the 5 miles now. Stick to your training plan there will be lots more races :)

p.s
    I don't usually listen to my own advise.

Cheers for the helpful advice lads.
    I'll definitely do my LSR Friday or Saturday anyway and then see how I feel about Sunday. I wouldn't be going for a PB in any event. Shels makes a good point about the Marathon - I must not lose sight! I'll show up to give y'all an aule clap regardless :)
    My book says ' Don't be such a wimp - sign up or else' , Page 4 I think;)

As useless as always...:rolleyes:

1148.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

[HTML][/HTML]
    I just wanted to highlight this

in light of this

WOW thats some motivating sideliners you have there Clara...no hiding now!!!:D

Cheeky opinionated beggar or motivating sideliner... it depends on the form on any given day I suppose... :D

Saturday 22nd Jan
    - 14.79 miles - Av Pace 9.37
    Group run in the park this morning. Got bullied challenged over and above my planned 10 miles to make this my longest run to date. My bullying helpful coaches twisted my rubber elbow to do 10 next week instead and run the Raheny 5. Surprise surprise - I agreed! So a bit of a reshuffle for next week!

Lower back's a little sore still - I must do my physio exercises next week!! Bold. :(

Beer time!!! :D

• Advertisement

Cheeky opinionated beggar or motivating sideliner... it depends on the form on any given day I suppose... :D

Saturday 22nd Jan
    - 14.79 miles - Av Pace 9.37
    Group run in the park this morning. Got bullied challenged over and above my planned 10 miles to make this my longest run to date. My bullying helpful coaches twisted my rubber elbow to do 10 next week instead and run the Raheny 5. Surprise surprise - I agreed! So a bit of a reshuffle for next week!

Lower back's a little sore still - I must do my physio exercises next week!! Bold. :(

Beer time!!! :D

I suppose you deserve a few after today, as much as it kills me.....well done, you finished very strong!...................odour wise:D

I suppose you deserve a few after today, as much as it kills me.....QUOTE]

I deserved a few...I did not deserve what ensued for the remainder of the weekend :eek: I can safely say that I have put away in or around 12,000 calories in the last 72 hours...:o

I have to shame myself and admit that I didn't do my cross training session yesterday. Nor am I going to Pilates tonight :o I'm exhausted so having a very early night in anticpation of a successful week's training! :)

Week 4 / 14
    Monday Pilates
    Tuesday 4miles
    Wednesday 7miles
    Thursday 4miles
    Friday LSR 10miles
    Saturday Rest
    Sunday Raheny 5

Step back week with the LSR this week and planning on doing it before Friday to give the legs a rest before Sunday. I can't believe I let that shower talk me into it!! 'Easy target' comes to mind :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Use Raheny to get used to the race day stuff and ignore the time you do. You're in training for a marathon so you will only be getting into your stride and feeling comfortable at the end which is the norm. It will be a good speed session as well so it will be a nice adventure.

'That shower' are indeed a danger crowd. I'ld wear headphones when running with them in future:D

chinguetti wrote: »

'That shower' are indeed a danger crowd. I'ld wear headphones when running with them in future:D

Or a snood;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

chinguetti wrote: »
    'That shower' are indeed a danger crowd.

Suddenly I have a vision of the other runners in the park warning each other away from 'that lot' :eek:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

RayCun wrote: »
    Suddenly I have a vision of the other runners in the park warning each other away from 'that lot' :eek:

What can I say, we're a bad influence :pac:

What can I say, we're a bad influence :pac:

All I remember is encouragement and facilitation, plus her training partners got her to run farther than she ever has before. Some people are just never happy!;)

No sign of Claralara! I'd say she's given up on this marathon lark:D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

No sign of Claralara! I'd say she's given up on this marathon lark:D

It's called a "rest day", yeesh :pac:

It's called a "rest day", yeesh :pac:

Wait for it, there'll be a post later along the lines of 'Roysh, so myself, Antonius and Trinian went out for a Heino last night and there was this loike northsider on his toblerone loike, I mean, for sure we have a multinational culture now loike but I don't want them there when I'm at the drinklink on my rest day.....':D

• Advertisement

Northsiders are fine - they have a DART and everything. It's the Westies you have to watch...

Northsiders are fine - they have a DART and everything. It's the Westies you have to watch...

Now is probably a good time to remind you I'm not a Dub!;)

Now is probably a good time to remind you I'm not a Dub!;)

I know, Limerick isn't it :eek:
    No wonder the other runners keep away...

I know, Limerick isn't it :eek:
    No wonder the other runners keep away...

Careful now Ray or you'll be checking under the car with a mirror in the morning:)

Just ordered a new singlet for my marathon training long runs...

Any use for head shots?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Just ordered a new singlet for my marathon training long runs...

Do they do them in luminous yellow Ray? ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Do they do them in luminous yellow Ray? ;)

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

Clara..bad news your thread has been hijacked (again)......

• Advertisement

maria74 wrote: »
    Clara..bad news your thread has been hijacked (again)......

Leave these threads alone and they take on a life of their own;) I still think someone should go look for her though.:)

Advertisement