Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bleaching straight after using colour b4?

• 06-02-2016 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi has anyone successfully bleached their hair straight after using colour b4, I know it suggests not to do it straight away as there is a chance that the molecules could re-oxidise and go back to the same colour because of the peroxide if u don't rinse it enough but just wondered if anyone successfully bleached it straight after?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Ekes wrote: »
    Hi has anyone successfully bleached their hair straight after using colour b4, I know it suggests not to do it straight away as there is a chance that the molecules could re-oxidise and go back to the same colour because of the peroxide if u don't rinse it enough but just wondered if anyone successfully bleached it straight after?

Hiya just wondering how you got on with colour b4 tempted to use to rid my hair of red hair dye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

La.de.da wrote: »
    Hiya just wondering how you got on with colour b4 tempted to use to rid my hair of red hair dye.

Colour B4 doesn't work well removing red pigments AFAIK, you may be best dying over the colour and then removing that when the red undertone has faded out.

Colour B4 doesn't work well removing red pigments AFAIK, you may be best dying over the colour and then removing that when the red undertone has faded out.

Used the colour b4. It's powerful stuff. Took all the dark brown/red out. I do have a golden blonde sort of colour now. Definite red undertone but I've always had hints of copper in my natural colour.

A few deep conditioning treatments before I add some highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ekes

Sorry only saw your post now usually an ash based colour will remove the red tones so I heard... The bleach worked out fine in the end after the colour b4 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭1moo345

I have used colourb4 to remove high fashion red a lot, and although it is not recommended it has always done a perfect job for me. Could be different for others.

I would definitely wait at least 24 hrs to bleach, it can very easily undo all your hard (and bad smelling :P ) work.

• Advertisement

1moo345 wrote: »
    I have used colourb4 to remove high fashion red a lot, and although it is not recommended it has always done a perfect job for me. Could be different for others.

I would definitely wait at least 24 hrs to bleach, it can very easily undo all your hard (and bad smelling :P ) work.

Very successful with colourb4 now back to the blonde I was two years ago. Took out two years of red/brown dyes.

Ended up waiting two weeks before highlights.

And yes the smell is one I'll never forget. It certainly works though.

Advertisement