Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What' the cheapest you remember ..............

• 14-02-2012 9:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭

a pint of the black shtuff ...

and a pack a fags ...(10 or 20)

and a pouch of tobacco (state the weight with the price)

Same question for Dublin Bus ticket and Irish Rail ticket (adult) for a commuter journey ...

if you don't know exactly, then a ball park figure would be grand ..cheers :D

no earlier than mid 1991 (when I was born)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,955 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Why do people born in 1991 seem to have a common interest in how cheap things were in the 90s? Was there something in the water?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056478724

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

A gallon of Guinness for £1

• Registered Users Posts: 32,371 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

aujopimur wrote: »
    A gallon of Guinness for £1
    Actually the cheapest cans/bottles of beer in off licences costed more then than they do now.

Of course people conveniently forget this when they start moaning about prices these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I can remember 10 fags 20P and 20 were 40P

There was an old guy in a newsagent that would do them singly too for 3P. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I can remember 10 fags 20P and 20 were 40P

There was an old guy in a newsagent that would do them singly too for 3P. :p
    Did he include a red Friendly match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Pint of beer when i started about '89- £1.35, some beers were even cheaper and pack of crisps were about 20 pence, jesus im an oul fella at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JADMIX

32p for a pint in 1982, 77p for 20 john player special,
    2 & 1/2p for crisps in 1974 thats about itcant remember any further back (uk prices)

Advertisement