Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bali, Thailand or Fiji?

Options
  • 30-01-2014 7:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭

Basically as the title suggests myself and my girlfriend will be visiting one of the above for around 2 weeks in March/April. We're flying from Australia so the flight prices are all very similar (around $500-$600pp return). While there we want a nice place where we can relax, have nice food and do some fun stuff during the day. We would love to get a dive trip in while there too so this puts Fiji quite a bit in front. But the main decision will be cost and our budget would be roughly $4000 all in.

Fiji is number 1 on the list tbh but once there it looks a bit more expensive than the other places. The diving there is meant to be incredible, but quite costly (roughly $400 for 4 shark dives). I'm also thinking if I'll ever get the chance to visit there again as coming from Ireland it's the farthest away of the 3. It may be our only chance.

We visited Thailand on our way to Australia mid last year and loved it, we never got to Phuket while there last time and it's fairly reasonable to fly there. I know about all the Go-Go bars and what not, this would be a slight turn off for us. We'd also get to go back to Phi Phi for a few days and do some diving which is very cheap (about $100 per day or so), but it wouldn't be as jaw dropping as Fiji.

Or Bali/Lombok/Gili. We went to Malaysia on our way here and loved it but never got to Indonesia. I've heard some great things about Gili and apparently the diving there is very good. I've heard some mixed reports on Bali too.

Basically if you were in my shoes where would you go? If anyone has been to these places, what did they think? Or is there somewhere that I haven't mentioned that would be way better?!

Comments

Advertisement