Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5m+ Power Kites

• 05-09-2012 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Got a Radsail two line starter a while back. Enjoyed using it and decided to go bigger. Having lots of fun with my current Flexifoil Bullet 1.5 four line.

Looking to go bigger again, now that I've had lots of practice. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on what to go for next?

I've been looking at the 5m range, and come across a few. Namely the:

1) HQ Beamer V 5.0m £269.90
    2) Flexifoil Blade V 4.9m £358.95
    3) Flexifoil Blurr Petrol 5.0m £301.85
    4) Cirrus 5M Pro Kite £170.35

As you can see, the prices vary a good bit £170.35-£358.95. Reading reviews, I can see the price usually reflects the build quality and the line strength. Would prefer to buy used.

Any tips on what to go for, and where to buy 2nd hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Bob_the_dog

As u have already found out, price means quality. Flexi are the best from that list.

Second hand 4 line kites(excl kitesurfing kites) are rare in Ireland. Have a look on Donedeal, they sometimes pop

I do alot of Kitebuggying racing and have kites from 1.5m up to 12.2m, all bought second hand in the UK. If your interested in having a go of bigger kites, check out www.ipksa.com. We meet up for weekends most months from Sept_May.

Plenty of people with plenty of knowledge and kites.

Any other questions just ask

Advertisement