Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies Jeans - non stretch

• 22-07-2012 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Can anyone out there help me pleazzz. I am desperately trying to find a normal pair of ladies jeans which seems to be all but impossible these days...and by "normal" I mean mid rise with ABSOLUTELY NO ELASTANE/SPANDEX OR STRETCH OF ANY KIND, just normal everyday 100% denim/cotton jeans, preferably flare or bootcut. I've trawled Dublin without success and haven't got much further with the internet either. I see that some places are bringing in high rise/waised jeans as part of their autun collection but they're still stretch. I know a lot of people like the stretch jeans but Gawd whatever happened to choice??? Why can't they just manufacture both types & let people choose Would be very grateful for any input. Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

ersk and vila both stock 'only' jeans some of the styles def dont have any stretch.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Levi's have only 1 or 2% elastane in certain styles, you'd need to check individual pairs. I think BT2 do Levi's not sure though! Have you looked at the premium brands in BT or BT2?

It's really hard to find zero elastane though for women, I have looked! I hate that "jeans" in many high street stores are closer to jeggings these days!

Nudie are a men's brand but do proper 100% cotton, don't wash for 6 months jeans. They recommend some of their fits for women, they'd be mainly straight/skinny leg though. http://www.nudiejeans.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sallywin

Lots of non-stretch jeans in BT and BT2 in jeans section but they are going to cost you a lot. Incidentally, I got my first pair of stretchy type ones in Penneys today for 11euro. They're a great fit but let's see how much wear I can get out of them compared with real jeans!

Can't recommend TopShop jeans, seem to be low quality and stretch faster than other jeans. Firetrap do good jeans and are cheaper than the likes of Sevens, or Citizens of Humanity. Can get them in a lot of town boutiques and maybe in Arnotts?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 emerald-eagle

Thanks everyone for your suggestions - will definitely look into some of them although I'm afraid BT is gonna be waaay beyond my limit. Might look at some US websites too cos I think there might be a better chance of getting them there than in Europe. Cheers for the help though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭analucija

I'm pretty sure I got non-stretch jeans from Diesel, Levis, Armani Jeans, Trussardi, CK, Mustang. Pepe Jenas and Replay have them too, as far as I know. Try old-school jeans or designer brands. But they tend to be more expensive and some of them might not be available here.

Mustang seem to fit me really well and are reasonably priced but I can't find them in Ireland and I wouldn't buy jeans without trying it. It might be worth checking Levis, Hilfinger or CK store in Kildare Village and you might get some stuff cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

why not just get a pair of blokes jeans!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

nbar12 wrote: »
    why not just get a pair of blokes jeans!?

It would be hard to find a pair to fit, especially if she wants bootcut or flare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Im pretty sure the black jeans I got before in river island didnt have much if any stretch in them.

Also try american eagle they deliver to ireland. I have a pair of their jeans and dont find them strechy either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Oasis Scarlett jeans have no stretch in them

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

You could try Vero Moda jeans. I think I saw some like that before, it was a few months ago though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement