Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Change Of Model On Logbook?

Options
  • 25-08-2011 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi all ,
    i bought a toyota levin the other day, and went to insure it and it came up as a 1.6 corolla?, does anyone know how i can change it because if i have an accident i dont think i will be covered,

need to know before the morning so any help appreciated!!
    david.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I had this a couple of years ago with a freelander.

I brought the car and logboook to customs, and brought a customs officer out to check the car against the paperwork. They took care of getting a new logbook issued with the correct details.

These days it may be an NCT centre you need to bring it to, as they do the registrations these days. Don't let them fob you off; the reason for it being wrong is someone not taking the time to enter the information correctly, so the organisation responsible should sort it out and get everything right.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Fey! wrote: »
    I had this a couple of years ago with a freelander.

I brought the car and logboook to customs, and brought a customs officer out to check the car against the paperwork. They took care of getting a new logbook issued with the correct details.

These days it may be an NCT centre you need to bring it to, as they do the registrations these days. Don't let them fob you off; the reason for it being wrong is someone not taking the time to enter the information correctly, so the organisation responsible should sort it out and get everything right.

Let us know how you get on.

thanks il see what my local nct can do, i know people would be saying say nothing (cheaper insurance) but im not covered properly if something does happen right?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Could be:
    Original owner registered car incorrectly to get cheaper vrt and insurance

A levin is a type of corolla technically

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Could be:
    Original owner registered car incorrectly to get cheaper vrt and insurance

A levin is a type of corolla technically

ya thats what i taught, do you know of anywhere to go to get it changed properly, eg tax office?:)
    thanks

Does your insurance company know what model it and that its a levin?

• Advertisement

Does your insurance company know what model it and that its a levin?

no, thats why im not insuring it untill i can get it switched from corolla to levin.:) any help?

What exactly is It registered as?

Is It something like a 1.6 gli or just as corolla 1.6 with nothing else

Jap import marchs get registered as micras for example.

What exactly is It registered as?

Is It something like a 1.6 gli or just as corolla 1.6 with nothing else

Jap import marchs get registered as micras for example.

its a corolla gs 1.6 on book, but dont want to insure it in case of anything just yet, my local tax office should help shudnt they:D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

A levin is a corolla...

The Corolla Levin and Sprinter Trueno names were introduced as the twin-cam version of the Corolla and Sprinter respectively. (from wiki)

pudzey101 wrote: »
    its a corolla gs 1.6 on book, but dont want to insure it in case of anything just yet, my local tax office should help shudnt they:D:)

Sounding like a previous owner made a deliberate attempt to register it as something its not.
    hopefully there aren't any vrt implications and that doesn't open a whole can of worms for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

When I got my Trueno a few years ago it was down on the book as

Make: Toyota
    Model: Other (sports coupe/non convertible)

I can't remember exactly how i did it But I got it changed to Trueno on the book before I insured it, damn good thing too, as the car was stolen & burnt out and quinn couldnt wait to get their hands on the logbook even going as far as saying to me "if its down on the tax book as anything other than a Toyota Trueno, we're not giving you a penny"

Maybe just contact shannon in the morning OP, they'll tell you what to do.

EDIT: I applied for a replacement log book, and filled in the vehicles correct details on the form that I sent to them, they sent me back a new book with the correct details printed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Can you not just tell the insurance company what it is? The reg comes up Corrolla you say Levin.

Advertisement