Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 firefighters dead in Bray blaze

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

I knew one of the lads through my brother. Been in our house manys a time. We're all still in shock here really. We live in Bray but myself and the brother only heard about it this afternoon on the radio. Our first thoughts were, 'God love whomever it was but I hope one of those guys wasn't Mark. Got a call a few minutes later from the brothers mate confirming that it was indeed Mark.

Both men were volunteers. Mark always dreamt of joining the fire Service. It really was a vocation for him. I find some consolation in that he died doing a job that he loved. Fighting Fires and serving the community. Bit of a cliche but he was genuinely one of the nicest guys you could meet.

R.I.P. 'Shockers'. You are a hero.

I didn't know the other Fire Officer Brian Murray and my sympathies go to his family as well. Those 14 kids should be so proud of their dad. Again, another Hero.

Between these brave men we've lost today and the brave garda recovering in hospital after the shooting yesterday, it just drives it home how unimportant most of our day to day worries or annoyances are. These guys risk their lives every day and we moan about our hard day in the office :rolleyes: Its men and women like these that represent the best in humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

In case anyone wants to sign the official National Retained FireFighters Assosciation of Ireland book of condolences, here is the link:

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 20 emzy

bray fire service is a part time service!while these men wer dying the other truck was delayed by 20 mins to help them with the fire due to them not having a driver!these mens lives wer wasted because we so called do not need a full time fire service thanks to dick roche!!!
    this tradgedy could hav been avoided.

I am A friend of one of brian murrays son and i kNow they are al devastated by this tradgedy there youngest only being 2 and youngest grandchild 3 months!!

mAY they rest in piece

and may the goverment who denied bray a full time service be ashamed of yourselves and just try and wash the blood of your hands!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

bronte wrote:
    Very sad news, I have the utmost respect for these people.
    Just last night, there was a show on sky one which showed some areas in britain where the local scumbag kids lit fires on purpose so when the fire brigade arrived out they could hurl bricks and planks at them.
    Disgusting.
    As if their job isn't hard enough as it is.

R.i.p.
    Saw that as well... just the lowest of the low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

My highest possible respect to them

Rest in Peace

My deepest condolences with their families and relatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

RIP
    A very sad story. Died in the line of duty, heroes the two of them

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭spareman

All give some, Some give all.
    They paid the ultimate price, we should never forget there sacrifice.
    Hopefully some good will come of this tragedy, and Bray will have a full time service soon, To think we value money more than a life really sickens me to the stomach, and how Mr.Dick Roche can sleep tonight is beyond me. As far as Im concerned every house in the country should be covered by a full time fire service. Its absolutely disgraceful to put budgets before lives. No excuse.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭spareman

Funeral arrangements for both firefighters and meeting points for uniformed personnel.

All personnel attending are requested to travel together to facilitate car parking. The Meeting point for all funeral removals and burials will be the Dell carpark, the following directions are given....

Take the N11 to Bray South, follow the signs for Greystones and turn left at Ramada Hotel roundabout, continue down to the traffic lights and turn left and then left again into the Dell carpark. Personnel will be bussed from here to the Assembly points.

For Saturday 29th September 2007 Funeral removal of FF Mark O'Shaugnessy please RV at Dell carpark for 1500 hrs.

For Monday 1st October 2007 Burial of FF Mark O'Shaugnessy please RV at Dell
    carpark for 0900 hrs

For Monday 1st October 2007 Funeral removal of Sub Officer Brian Murray
    please RV at Dell carpark for 1600 hrs.

For Tuesday 2nd October 2007 Burial of Sub Officer Brian Murray please RV at Dell carpark for 0930 hrs

Please note that the family of FF O'Shaugnessy would welcome fire service attendance at the Church ceremonies on the day of removal and burial.

Firefighters who are attending funerals are asked to wear Dress Uniform where possible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Heroic. RIP

• Advertisement
Advertisement