Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grounds for constructive Dismissal

Options
  • 25-06-2014 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I Don't know whether I should name and shame my employer but their behaviour is immoral if not illegal and I'm wondering would I have grounds for constructive dismissal. I have been working for <snip> for coming up to 9 years and in December all staff managers and employees were given the opportunity to apply for voluntary redundancy. <snip> have been looking to cut costs and everyone's hours have been significantly reduced resulting in staff only getting 3 days a week and seeking jobseekers part time social welfare.

We had not heard anything for months until last week when I heard through other employees who had also applied for it that <snip> had withdrawn their offer of redundancy after keeping us all in limbo since December. <snip> also keep rostering staff on 3/4 hour shifts at 8-12, 9-12 at night etc and putting them in 4 days a week on these 4 hour shifts so we cannot claim jobseekers. This has been in the case every week in the last few months resulting in us barely getting 200 euro every week. Is this case of us being forced out? I have missed out on at least 1500 euro over the last while or is there nothing we can do?. <snip> have also been handing out verbal warnings for being a couple of minutes late and we were made to sign forms saying it was a dismissible offence to be caught with you'r mobile phone or wallet on the floor.

Do we have a case. Any opinions would be most welcome thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ArminTanzarian

I'd also like to add several managers received their redundancy but no employees did

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You won't get any legal advice here, tbh you need to speak to a solicitor

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Do we have a case.

These questions are specifically not allowed - you need to talk to an expert as Stheno says.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement