Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmass tress up in November

Options
  • 26-11-2012 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is it too early to put up the tree and all the decorations at teh end of November

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Are you a ssnake by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Sin City wrote: »
    Is it just me or is it too early to put up the tree and all the decorations at teh end of November

I actually never put up a tree in my gaff, I go home for Xmas so the folks will have one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Genuniely, who cares. If someone wants to put up a tree in November, then that's their concern. They won't be putting it up in your sitting room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

It's too late for "too early for Christmas" in late November. Christmas is less than four weeks from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Genuniely, who cares. If someone wants to put up a tree in November, then that's their concern. They won't be putting it up in your sitting room.

I care, if she thinks everyone is putting up the tree Ill have to put our one up to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

No op, it is NEVER just you. About anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

It's too late for "too early for Christmas" in late November. Christmas is less than four weeks from now.
    no it isnt!
    It is more than four weeks away

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

We had a mini real tree last year- pot plant size. After Christmas we put it outside thinking that this year we'd have a gigantic one that we grew ourselves.
    Some chance- I went and looked at it yesterday, its all yellow and sick.
    I'm proud of the little guy, think I'll use him anyway :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

no it isnt!
    It is more than four weeks away

Yeah ya got me there, it's exactly four weeks and 10.5 hours 'til Christmas day. Still, I can understand people whining about "too early for Christmas" in October, but it's the end of November now ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Don't worry. It's not just you. plenty of people are willing to whinge about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

OP, did you miss the gigantic Mega Christmas Thread stickied at the top of the forum?

Putting our tree up next weekend. We have a lights on ceremony where we invite all the neighbours, with drinking chocolate and marshmallows and egg flip and ...

...and then nothing works, like Chevy Chase in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

I think we should have xmas trees all year round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

It's way too early to put up decorations, its makes christmas way too long, and the kids get bored shítless of it. A lot of ppl i know have their tree up for the last two weeks ffs, and the bragging about it on facebook, jeezz

I put up mine around the 10th, it just feels more christmassy and its not too long for the kids to wait til the big day, but then again im old, wtf would i know :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Hello, this is the Christmas police, there is a thread for Christmas stuff. I don't want to see it anywhere else here and nobody, I mean nobody better be having any fun either, Im watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Yes it's to early, when you put up the tree in November it's officially called, an over dressed November tree. As it's not Christmas yet they can't be called Christmas trees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

November is far too early to put up a Christmas tree . . . .

We put ours up one week before Christms day, then we take it down on the 6th or 7th of January as tradition dictates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 hay_maker

the 15th of december is early enough to put up the tree IMO , any earlier and your sick of it by xmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Way too early to put it up. If it's real it'll be 3/4 dead by the time Christmas Eve rolls around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Mine's going up on Wednesday, I can't wait!!:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement