Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Child (2) served whiskey at diner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

I like how they just happened to get a picture of the kid drinking the stuff. Something to sell to the papers

Well, it was his birthday party, photos would be being taken. Also, that's taken from the BBC News site.

There was a stag party on at the time and apparently the orders got mixed up. Obviously the perfect setting for a two year olds birthday party like!

You've never been to Wales, have you? Mad place! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Sonny? I wonder what she'd call a daughter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

That's gas :pac: best kids party ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

There was a stag party on at the time and apparently the orders got mixed up.

They don't mention the other lad at the stag party who went into a rage and was crying his eyes out when he got Ribena instead of a double whiskey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The mother is hot to be fair:)

Had a few lime juice and waters, have we?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Well, it was his birthday party, photos would be being taken. Also, that's taken from the BBC News site.

At £4 a shot theres about £50 of whiskey in that glass.I call shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

The BBC really has gone to fuck. That is the sort of bollocks non-story you used only read in The Sun.

They took him to hospital after he had a couple of sips of whiskey and water?!

I used to think that if we had universal free health care here, people wouldn't abuse it as much as others feared. Maybe I was wrong.

At £4 a shot theres about £50 of whiskey in that glass.I call shenanigans.

This is Wales, no way would it be 4 pounds per shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

You have to admire his capacity to down that much whiskey.

Salut!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

El Weirdo wrote: »
    The BBC really has gone to fuck. That is the sort of bollocks non-story you used only read in The Sun.

They took him to hospital after he had a couple of sips of whiskey and water?!

I used to think that if we had universal free health care here, people wouldn't abuse it as much as others feared. Maybe I was wrong.

My thoughts exactly. My granny used to give everyone of her grandchildren a sip of brandy to cure any ailment ranging from teething pain to a chesty cough. Didn't do us any harm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I like how they just happened to get a picture of the kid drinking the stuff. Something to sell to the papers

Looks like it should have "Our Whiskey Hell" captioned across it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

Maybe the poor kid just had a tough day at Playschool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

I'd believe the story. Looking at the photo, it wasn't straight whiskey. More than likely the order came in for lime with water and the staff assumed Whiskey with lime and water. It'd be quite easy to not realise as a parent that whiskey was in the drink, especially as it would be the last thing you'd expect.

Drunk and taken to hospital after his 2nd birthday. His 21st will be mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

They're probably watering stuff down on the sly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I was in TGI Fridays when I was about 10 and ordered a coconut milkshake and got served a pina colada. Didn't like it and gave my mam a sip to see if it tasted bad. The waitress bolted back over when she realised what happened, didn't really mind, mistakes and all that. Don't know how she managed it though, it was in a martini glass and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I always heard Swansea was tough, but starting them on the hard stuff at 2 is a bit much.

Holy sh** just picture the playschool after a visit to the local restaurant.
    Toddlers past out, others piddling in the corner, puking in the corner, lamping each other out of it, staring manically at each other.

Hey wait would anyone notice. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

He slept it off in the hospital. Should have got him a taxi home and billed him for it. ****ing drunks clogging up the emergency wards again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

BUNGLING Frankie & Benny’s staff gave a boy of three whisky — just weeks after the diner chain served booze to a two-year-old.

Thomas Horne had to be taken to hospital by his parents after he was handed a Coke containing a double Jack Daniel’s.

Mum Angela, 38, said: “We ordered a Coke and Thomas gulped down about a third of it. He then squirmed and said he didn’t like it.”

Angela sniffed the drink and smelled alcohol — and when the waitress was summoned at the diner in Greenwich, South-East London, she admitted the lad had accidentally been given booze. Angela took Thomas to A&E where he was monitored by docs.

Last month, little Sonny Rees was given whisky at a Frankie & Benny’s in Swansea.

The chain yesterday blamed the latest mix-up on “human error”.

yup they did it again :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Ah here, someone's taking the p1ss in there now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

davet82 wrote: »
    yup they did it again :pac:

It was less than a measure that he drank. hardly hospital worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Maybe they should make it a no-kids restaurant... because just in case your kids get locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

dopey parents giving their toddlers coke to drink, prob doing way more harm than an accidental gulp of whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Apparently on the continent of Europe, particularly in France, Spain and Italy, parents allow their kiddies to guzzle 'wine' from a very early age in order to inure them to the taste and prepare them for the onerous tasks of philosophising, bullfighting, and sculpting, later in life.

This practice of 'force feeding' is often cited here and in the UK as the main reason why our friends on the continent are less likely to indulge in 'binge drinking' when they're much much older, say 14 or 15.

Maybe it's not such a crazy idea after all, but let's hope that before the two year old was served the whiskey, the standard admonishment of 'please drink responsibly' was given, as it is always given to grown adults by the drinks industry who care not one whit for profits but only for our health and well being.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Whiskey instead of water?

Jesus is losing his touch since he lost all his money and had take up a waiter job. Pfft, investing in pumpkins...............what was he thinking........

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

krudler wrote: »
    dopey parents giving their toddlers coke to drink, prob doing way more harm than an accidental gulp of whiskey.

Now I think about it, they're UK measures. They're kids measures anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Their whisky must be well watered down if a 2 year old child didn't immediately gag on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

What kind of freak sips whiskey like that. F'kin kid should be sent to AA

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Jarrod

Is it standard practice for 2 year olds to be served their drinks in a glass rather than some style of sippy cup? Seems bizarre to me although not as bizarre as that 'boy' wearing some sort of beads in his hair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Also can't picture a child being called Sonny Rees. Sounds like a cabaret singer in his 50s from the North f England.

Advertisement