Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭kub

POGAN wrote: »
    mean the ones with blue grill lights no side blues,,,new 2010/2011 cars

Enough said, don't upset Admin.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MissEmcee

Any pics around of the inside of the Citroen van - mobile Command Unit. It was on the news today up the Dublin Mountains?

• MissEmcee wrote: »
    Any pics around of the inside of the Citroen van - mobile Command Unit. It was on the news today up the Dublin Mountains?

Here is the company that did the Sprinters. http://www.excelerate.info/en/police-gallery

• Actually, found the right one.

http://www.fame-vehicle.co.uk/emergency.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Its a chip van

foreign wrote: »
    Here is the company that did the Sprinters. http://www.excelerate.info/en/police-gallery

Police Image Gallery?

P.I.G.? I wonder if that's intentional :p

Its a chip van

It does look the part inside, but from outside it looks like a van has reversed into a 20 foot container.

I cannot see that yolk been too stable driving down a motorway with a cross wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mpc1994

foreign wrote: »

Lads,

That website are supplying the ERU with helmet cams as they show pics of a European training exercise held here last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭An Udaras

pingu2008 wrote: »
    all credit for photos to eddie gentles
    19009912.png

Any ideas what the Cork lads carry in the back of this vehicle? Is it like a extinguisher, speed gun, clamps, cones, major incident equipment?

and what is located roof to the rear? Is it a MATRIX sign?

Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

An Udaras wrote: »
    Any ideas what the Cork lads carry in the back of this vehicle? Is it like a extinguisher, speed gun, clamps, cones, major incident equipment?

and what is located roof to the rear? Is it a MATRIX sign?

Cheers :)

definitely not a speed gun anyway

pa990 wrote: »
    definitely not a speed gun anyway
    I'm pretty sure as the Airport Police stationed in Dublin are equipped with them so must be the Cork lads too.. How otherwise are they ment to enforce the speed limits under the Byelaws?

Just wondering what do they carry in the jeep?

DAA sent a special Isuzu jeep to Cork Airport. In the back of it behind the shutter there is a big robot.

This robot takes full control of the vehicle in the unlikely event that it is hijacked.

Not very fun KUB that Cork hijacking incident left one Guard seriously injured and endangered the life's of several other members of the Gardai & Airport Police in Cork. Bad taste fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

An Udaras wrote: »
    Not very fun KUB that Cork hijacking incident left one Guard seriously injured and endangered the life's of several other members of the Gardai & Airport Police in Cork. Bad taste fella.

I don't know.....I kinda laughed a little!!!!

You're the boss hooch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Serious question about that airport police Isuzu, did it come from the same stock as the Gardaí motorway jeeps? the fittings on the back look identical.

Yes it has to have, exact same spec by looking at it bar some smell features I.e radios,LEDs & an amber beacon for operating on the airfield etc :-) the Fire service in cork airport have the same model too in Red ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Hooch wrote: »
    I don't know.....I kinda laughed a little!!!!

Has that been in court yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

From the thread:
    lazio wrote:
    Is that Airport Police Isuzu from the same stock and kitters as the Gardaí motorway patrol Isuzus? Looks uncannily similar.

It looks like the Cork Airport Fire Isuzu was fitted out the same, in fact the reg plates are pretty near, would they all have been part of the same bid - does the OPW handle bulk buying like that?

... Beaten to it (by a few hours)

• Advertisement

In the case of the Airport Police & Fire Rescue Service the DAA make all the purchases not the OPW the Cork lads must have been impressed by the Garda models and decided to add them to their fleet?

Are they from the Wilker yard?

• An Udaras wrote: »
    In the case of the Airport Police & Fire Rescue Service the DAA make all the purchases not the OPW the Cork lads must have been impressed by the Garda models and decided to add them to their fleet?

Are they from the Wilker yard?

From Harris Izuzu on the Naas Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭d3exile

What's the reasoning behind an 'unmarked' ambulance?! So the casualties don't notice you coming?? :)

I can understand a doctor or high ranking HSE official having discreet blues on their car but the one posted today looks like a bolted on light bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭source

d3exile wrote: »
    What's the reasoning behind an 'unmarked' ambulance?! So the casualties don't notice you coming?? :)

I can understand a doctor or high ranking HSE official having discreet blues on their car but the one posted today looks like a bolted on light bar?

The grill lights and lightbar were professionally fitted, had a light control box on the dash. What I found strangest was the TN reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I presume it's just a private doctors car who went and got them fitted. Looks to be the same model lightbar as the Gardaí use.

swiftblade wrote: »
    I presume it's just a private doctors car who went and got them fitted. Looks to be the same model lightbar as the Gardaí use.

Just wondering the actual legality of blue lights in this case.......should they be green if its a doctor......anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

kub wrote: »
    Just wondering the actual legality of blue lights in this case.......should they be green if its a doctor......anyone know?

Can open, worms everywhere. Legally there should be no lights on it. But I feel a debate coming on... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭source

swiftblade wrote: »

Just passed by this car again, didn't get a pic, it now has green and yellow battenburg markings and boot chevrons on it. No service markings but it looks more like an official vehicle now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

source wrote: »
    Just passed by this car again, didn't get a pic, it now has green and yellow battenburg markings and boot chevrons on it. No service markings but it looks more like an official vehicle now.

I wouldn't think its an official NAS vehicle. If your working, might be an interesting one to stop and question. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Blue is emergency vehices there not ES so they shouldnt have it. but can it be seized tho?

Road Traffic (Lighting of Vehicles) (Blue and Amber Lamps) Regulations 2006

I, Martin Cullen, Minister for Transport, in exercise of the powers conferred on me by section 11 of the Road Traffic Act 1961 (No. 24 of 1961) and the National Roads and Road Traffic (Transfer of Departmental Administration and Ministerial Functions) Order 2002 ( S.I. No. 298 of 2002 ) (as adapted by the Public Enterprise (Alteration of Name of Department and Title of Minister) Order 2002 ( S.I. No. 305 of 2002 )), hereby make the following regulations:

1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Road Traffic (Lighting of Vehicles) (Blue and Amber Lamps) Regulations 2006.

(2) The Road Traffic (Lighting of Vehicles) Regulations 1963 to 1996 and these Regulations may be cited together as the Road Traffic (Lighting of Vehicles) Regulations 1963 to 2006.

2. In these Regulations “Regulations of 1963” means Road Traffic (Lighting of Vehicles) Regulations 1963 ( S.I. No. 189 of 1963 ).

3. Article 49 of the Regulations of 1963 is amended by inserting after sub-article (8) the following:

“(9) Where a vehicle equipped with a lamp in accordance with article 52(18) is used in a public place, the lamp may only be used -

(a) if necessary in the circumstances, and

(b) in the case of a vehicle being used by the Irish Prison Service, where the vehicle is clearly identifiable as such by having appropriate livery, and is usable for the purpose of transporting prisoners under guard.”.

4. Article 52 of the Regulations of 1963 is amended by substituting for sub-article (18) (inserted by the Road Traffic (Lighting of Vehicles) (Amendment) Regulations 1996 ( S.I. No. 137 of 1996 )) the following:

“(18) (a) The requirements of article 40 (in so far as it refers to articles 41, 42, 48 and 49) and articles 41, 42, 48 and 49 (except sub-article 9) do not apply to a lamp complying with paragraph (b) which is carried on a vehicle being used -

(i) by a member of the Garda Síochána in the performance of his or her duties as such member,

(ii) as a fire brigade vehicle,

(iii) by persons providing an ambulance service,

(iv) by the Irish Prison Service,

(v) as an Irish Marine Emergency Service vehicle, with or without a trailer,

(vi) for the delivery or collection of human transplant organs, human blood or human blood products,

(vii) as a breakdown vehicle,

(viii) as a road clearance vehicle,

(ix) as a road works vehicle,

(x) by a local authority (within the meaning of the Local Government Act 2001 (No. 37 of 2001)) or other person authorised by a local authority in the collection and disposal of refuse,

(xi) in the provision or maintenance of telephone services or of gas or electricity supply, or

(xii) as a Customs and Excise patrol vehicle.

(b) In relation to a lamp carried on a vehicle referred to in paragraph (a) -

(i) the light shown by the lamp shall in the case of a vehicle referred to in -

(I) paragraph (a) (i) to (vi), be blue, and

(II) paragraph (a) (vii) to (xii), be amber,

(ii) the power of the lamp where the colour of the light is -

(I) blue, shall not exceed 50 watts, and

(II) amber, shall not exceed 36 watts,

(iii) the lamp shall, where possible, be fitted on the roof of the vehicle on a point on its longitudinal axis,

(iv) no part of the illuminated surface of the lamp shall be less than 1.27 metres from the ground,

(v) the area of the orthogonal projection on to any vertical plane of that part of the lamp through which light is shown shall be capable of lying wholly within a square having sides of 230 millimetres in length,

(vi) the lamp, in the case of a road works vehicle, or a vehicle used in the provision or maintenance of telephone services or gas or electricity supply shall be lit only when the vehicle is in use at the scene of operations.

(c) In this sub-article -

‘breakdown vehicle’ means a mechanically propelled vehicle used for towing broken down mechanically propelled vehicles, trailers or semi-trailers to the nearest convenient place of safety or repair and includes a vehicle used in connection with and in the immediate vicinity of a breakdown;

‘Customs and Excise patrol vehicle’ means a mechanically propelled vehicle used by an official of Customs and Excise in the performance of his or her duties as such official;

‘fire brigade vehicle’ means a vehicle used by a fire authority (within the meaning of the Fire Services Act 1981 (No. 30 of 1981)) and includes a vehicle used by a senior fire officer in the performance of his or her duty as such officer;

‘Irish Marine Emergency Service vehicle’ includes a mechanically propelled vehicle, with or without a trailer, used by a senior manager in the Irish Marine Emergency Service in the performance of his or her duty as such officer;

‘road clearance vehicle’ means a mechanically propelled vehicle used for dealing with frost, ice or snow on roads and includes a vehicle used for cutting of roadside hedges or roadside grass verges or in the sweeping of roads;

‘road works vehicle’ means a mechanically propelled vehicle used in connection with the construction, maintenance and improvement of roads or in connection with the provision and maintenance of water supplies, sewerage and drainage services;

‘senior fire officer’ means a fire officer not below the grade of Assistant Fire Officer (Prevention) but including the grades of Second Officer and Third Officer;

‘senior manager in the Irish Marine Emergency Service’ means an officer of the Irish Marine Emergency Service not below the grade of Divisional Officer.”.

GIVEN under my Official Seal,

31 May 2006

Martin Cullen

Minister for Transport.

EXPLANATORY NOTE

These Regulations consolidate and update the statutory provisions in relation to the use of flashing blue or amber warning lights on certain vehicles. Under the Regulations, blue flashing lights may be used on vehicles used by the Gardaí, the fire service, an ambulance service, the Irish Marine Emergency Service, the Irish Prison Service and vehicles used for the delivery or collection of human transplant organs, human blood or human blood products.

Amber lights may be used on a breakdown vehicle, a road clearance vehicle, a road works vehicle, a vehicle used in the collection and disposal of refuse, a vehicle used in the provision or maintenance of telephone services or of gas or electricity supply and a Customs and Excise patrol vehicle.

These Regulations complement the Road Traffic (Requirement to have Audible Warning Devices on Vehicles) Regulations, 2006 ( S.I. No. 340 of 2006 ) which amend the Road Traffic (Construction, Equipment and Use of Vehicles) Regulations, 1963 to 1996 to permit the use of sirens on certain vehicles.

Advertisement