Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1147054p1.html

A sequel to 2009's super hit game demon souls was announced today. the title of the game is " Dark Souls".....

I loved the original game. Cant wait for this game to come out !!!!

Let the Hype begin.............................

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sockpuppets

Excellent. Demons souls is an amazing game, looking forward to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

And good thing, too, because it seems that From has actually upped the difficulty!

Jesus!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭mrm

Yeah tman, similar reaction here!

Difficulty up'd like how? Someone from From Software comes to your home, breaks your hands, hands you back the controller and presses start. (Actually pressing start would probably constitute waaaaay too much assistance).

It sounds great from the description in the posted article and the Kokatu article. It will be interesting to see how they replace the nexus and how they implement levelling up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Hopefully people will have managed to finish the first one by the time it comes out. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dave D

Great News! ha the upping the difficulty on demon souls is going to be a hard challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

I'm still trying to get pure bladestone in the first one :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Awesome. Demon's Souls was a little too easy for me in the end. Can't wait.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You mean demons souls renamed dark souls...

No, he means Project Dark has been renamed Dark Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

F1ngers wrote: »
    No, he means Project Dark has been renamed Dark Souls.

I'm confused? Is dark souls not the sequel to demons souls?..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm confused? Is dark souls not the sequel to demons souls?..

It is, but it had a working title of Project Dark up until last week. The new name was just released.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

F1ngers wrote: »
    It is, but it had a working title of Project Dark up until last week. The new name was just released.

damn *face palm.. Just realised it said PROJECT I am such an idiot I taught it said PERFECT .. Some one slap me in the face!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i wouldnt call it a sequel though cause demons souls is a sony owned ip , dark souls however doesnt cross story with demons souls

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i wouldnt call it a sequel though cause demons souls is a sony owned ip , dark souls however doesnt cross story with demons souls

They can call it what they like, as long as it plays like demon's souls it will be bought by me day 1.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They can call it what they like, as long as it plays like demon's souls it will be bought by me day 1.

retr0 i can hug you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

**** yes, very near the end of the 1st one and I certainly want more!

Demons souls is a true gamers game. Its also one of the few pure console games and does what consoles do best instead of trying to be a PC game like most modern console games do these days.

So refreshing and exactly the kinda game I was hoping for to relive my console days when I bought a ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Awesome. Demon's Souls was a little too easy for me in the end. Can't wait.

Agreed. The learning curve was indeed steep, but too short. Once over the hump the back 40 was easily, but enjoyably, completed. You only really started to feel that same resistance again in NG+

I'd appreciate if the initial difficulty remained for the entire game in the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Is there any indication when the Japanese launch might be yet?

Even though its on every platform, with the PS3 being multi-region, it might still be necessary to pick up that version if we're waiting a while for a European release. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

By all acounts it'll be released the same time in the EU, US and Asia. Should'nt be too difficult, demons souls wasn't exactly over flowing with dialogue and story for translation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Agreed. The learning curve was indeed steep, but too short. Once over the hump the back 40 was easily, but enjoyably, completed. You only really started to feel that same resistance again in NG+

I'd appreciate if the initial difficulty remained for the entire game in the sequel.
    Couldn't agree more.
    By all acounts it'll be released the same time in the EU, US and Asia. Should'nt be too difficult, demons souls wasn't exactly over flowing with dialogue and story for translation.
    Didn't hear that but if it doesn't pan out that way I'll be importing for sure. Waited far too long for a Euro release last time and the Jap version had enough English text to make it playable.

• Advertisement

They better have some sort of pause menu , i cant tell you how many times i was in a middle of a battle and dying to go for a crapper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Leave the "pause" out, that was part of the atmosphre of the game, nothing like the feeling of fighting maneater, you've 200K+ souls and you're dieing for a piss. I tapped and crossed my legs so much\fast i think one of my feet went back in time.

Apparently this game is going to be a bit more like Kings Field in that instead of mostly linear levels the levels are going to be huge branching affairs that are a lot more open. Cannot ****ing wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

out in 2011 in N America/Europe :D

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420591

L31mr0d wrote: »

I agree. I would also like to see more consistancy in the level and boss design throughout. If I have one criticism (and I hate myself for having it) of the game it is that I feel From Software ran out of time and resources to complete the latter levels of each world - I didn't feel that they were as deep as the early levels.
    (The length of the levels 2-3, 3-3, and particularly 4-1 and 5-1. Walk through fog gate and you're immediately onto the boss. Those levels bosses were also a bit' cheap' - Astrea wasn't even a boss fight and 3-3 was so cheap they got you to play the boss....for FREE!:) Ok, a little inspired there!)

I imagine with the success of Demons Souls this will not happen on Project Dark. I really like the idea of the open world exploration.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Want!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Excellent!

Haven't experienced such anticipation for a game's release for a long time!

Not sure if ye have seen these lads but heres a good amount of art and screenshots

the attention to detail is mind blowing

http://gamingeverything.com/?p=896

• Advertisement

Gamespot First Look:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/projectdark/news.html?sid=6297337&mode=previews&tag=topslot;thumb;1

Agree with the no pause menu. Pause is for paussies!

Also came in handy (repeatedly) for the odd domestic chore request - "Sorry dear, remember, no pause facility with this game".

Advertisement