Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eircom ZyXEL F1000 - router config & speeds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

I know people have said they've gotten port forwarding to work but I'm having no joy.

Can those you got it to work advise of what version firmware they are on and any tricks they needed to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Does anyone notice the wifi on this router is much improved for an hr or so after a reboot before falling right off again?
    For a short period after a reboot I was getting speeds of 40MB , now it's fallen off again to the usual 1-3mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭swoofer

leinster dub, read this " Hi damojag, I've figured it out, here is the fix: when you get to the WAN Interface field it can be one of tree settings, ETHWAN, VDSL or pppo3G. Most likely settings will be either ETHWAN or VDSL depending on your package. See which one doesn't give the error message, Then just populate the rest of the fields with the desired ports. WAN IP field is optional & can be left blank. Best of Luck.

enjoying port forward for security cams....

and this is the link, take you time.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056966218

and wi fi is hopeless on this router.

Thanks swoofer but I'm not getting an error, it just failing to forward the traffic.

I've tried all the WAN interfaces too

• Registered Users Posts: 13 neillerz

Thanks swoofer but I'm not getting an error, it just failing to forward the traffic.

I've tried all the WAN interfaces too

Hi,

Try the following:

Use VDSL as WAN interface.
    Turn off upnp on router and device you want to forward to.
    Do not enter WAN IP.

Configure ports as format below:

Server IP Trigger start Trigger End Trans start Trans end Protocol
    192.168.0.12 50000 50000 80 80 TCP

Reboot router.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭BoredNaMoaner

I don't want to start a new thread, as I am certain there are are lot in the same boat as me. Changed over to fibre a few weeks ago from ADSL which was slow but reliable. Now with the new setup the Zyxel modem crashes whenever I use a high bandwidth application and have to power cycle the modem to connect to the internet again. Contacted Eircom support who claimed to have remotely rejigged the modem settings, but the problem still remains. I am prepared to change the modem setup so as to use it in bridging mode with another router I have, but has anyone others found this to be a stable satisfactory solution to this problem? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 smanet

I'm using the bridging configuration since I got the router, without pppoe, and I have no stability problem.
    My line is not the best, due to the distance. I have around 24/14 Mbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

I turned on SNMP monitoring, I am now configuring a Monitoring station any one have this done already ?

Just in case anyone in the future is reading. Ended up having to use Bridge mode. No matter what I tried nothing worked

• Registered Users Posts: 41 smanet

As per my experience, it's not worth the time to try to get a "router" provided by an ISP to work as you like. Also, you can use really what you like as you router :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭martin gillespie

Efibre is been fitted on tues , wish I had not bothered now .Any way bridging tips please my asdl router is a asus n55 u .
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

Just had efibre installed today and initially very happy, sync at 102mb/20mb and speedtests all show consistent 92/19 downloads. Now the weird bit, as soon as I fire up sabnzbd my F1000 router will drop sync, I see SNR drop from 12db to -6db and the line drops. Once I stop sabnzbd everything stabilizes. I tried changing from SSL to non SSL and different port numbers including 23, 8080, 563 etc but it drops every time. I also tried downgrading the firmware to b2 but it made no difference. Any other high speed downloads is perfect including torrents. I can FTP from heanet.ie at 9-10MB/s and no drops.

Anyone have any ideas or is this yet another bug with this crappy modem?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭martin gillespie

I am getting 7 mg down 0.77 up Tec suport say there is a problem with the line.
    Contact them via twitter you will get a better responce.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭HTCJoeSoap

Folks,
    My query relates back the port forwarding issue discussed earlier on this thread - I have an Eircom F1000 [Firmware 1.00(AAHA.4)D0], - what I want to ask is I'm interested in getting a Foscam FI9831P which is an ip camera (so I can watch the dog while I'm at work), the camera is 'Plug n Play' and has QR Code setup which means it supposedly passby's the need to configure your router for port forwarding etc - I'm just hoping it'll work, or I'm just wondering with no one on this thread apparently having much luck with setting up port forwarding manually on the F1000 will the QR Code setup even work at all if the ports are blocked - or does anyone think the QR Code setup might work ? Or has anyone managed to successfully manually setup port forwarding for ip cameras on the Eircom F1000 with the same firmware version that I have above ? Any thoughts on this appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

does anyone have a download link to the latest firmware for the f1000?

also has anyone successfully setup a third party router with efibre

i have a ASUS DSL-N66U and have been trying to figure out the vdsl settings

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

dunworth1 wrote: »
    does anyone have a download link to the latest firmware for the f1000?

also has anyone successfully setup a third party router with efibre

i have a ASUS DSL-N66U and have been trying to figure out the vdsl settings

What version do you have?
    There is a thread about bridging to third part routers on tablet so can't link

Edit did u change from UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 coal14

Eircom ZyXEL F1000 - router firmware upgrade.

I got this eircom Zyxel F1000 with Version: 1.00(AAHA.3)D0 firmware and I need to upgrade to the Version: 1.00(AAHA.4)D0 but link have been remove from eircom site Can anyone who have the downloaded copy send me the link pls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

naughto wrote: »
    What version do you have?
    There is a thread about bridging to third part routers on tablet so can't link

Edit did u change from UPC?

nope still with upc

this is for someone i know the router is dropping every so often and needs a reboot

coal14 wrote: »

I got this eircom Zyxel F1000 with Version: 1.00(AAHA.3)D0 firmware and I need to upgrade to the Version: 1.00(AAHA.4)D0 but link have been remove from eircom site Can anyone who have the downloaded copy send me the link pls.

I would not recommend upgrading. I tried it and my wifi was terrible. It was stopping for an hr or two several times a day and needing constant restarts. Got another eircom modem on the older firmware and it works much better, although wifi is still abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 coal14

coal14 wrote: »

I was having version: 1.00(AAHA.4)D0 firmware before I decided to down-grade to version :1.00(AAHA.3)D0 now I have lost some functionality on it and will like to go back to version: 1.00(AAHA.4)D0 So I need the link., This is not available again on Eircom site. If anyone have it downloaded pls send me the link.

• Advertisement

Does anyone else have trouble logging into this modem?
    I find once I log in I'm just met with the spinning loading symbol on the screen. I can click the bottom menus but the also never load once selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 richm1975

Hi, just moved house and no UPC so went for Eircom's efibre....now I can't even watch a Youtube vid without it buffering constantly...speedtest is showing about 40 dl and 20 up so it's not the speed and when I run a connection test through my Ps4 it gives a warning at the bottom saying something like router does not support ip packet fragmentation, network features will be restricted and also speed is showing less than 1mbps!!! I'm not very tech savvy but I can access router and change settings if anyone has any idea. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Grizz

I have just received the eircom F1000 modem and most devices are working - iPad, iPhone, PC, smart tv.
    However my sons Asus tablet goes into a reboot cycle every time it tries to connect.

Has anyone had this problem and anyone now a fix?

Thanks a mil - he is very upset as you can imagine. He's only 9.

Grizz wrote: »
    I have just received the eircom F1000 modem and most devices are working - iPad, iPhone, PC, smart tv.
    However my sons Asus tablet goes into a reboot cycle every time it tries to connect.

Has anyone had this problem and anyone now a fix?

Thanks a mil - he is very upset as you can imagine. He's only 9.

Grizz,
    I would doubt that it's anything to do with your new eircom router if all other household devices are working ok, but perhaps its a problem with the tablet itself, try bring it on another wifi location (a local library or a friend or neighbours house) to see if the same thing happens, if it does then it could be faulty and I'd bring it back to where you got it.

richm1975 wrote: »
    Hi, just moved house and no UPC so went for Eircom's efibre....now I can't even watch a Youtube vid without it buffering constantly...speedtest is showing about 40 dl and 20 up so it's not the speed and when I run a connection test through my Ps4 it gives a warning at the bottom saying something like router does not support ip packet fragmentation, network features will be restricted and also speed is showing less than 1mbps!!! I'm not very tech savvy but I can access router and change settings if anyone has any idea. Thanks in advance.

richm1975,
    That's very strange, I've eircom eFibre and I've YouTube, Netflix etc on several devices (SmartTV, iPad, android tablet ) and I don't get buffering issues - ever. Try resetting the modem. You shouldn't need to change any settings on router, if want to access the router it's http://192.168.1.254/ from your browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Grizz

HTCJoeSoap wrote: »
    Grizz,
    I would doubt that it's anything to do with your new eircom router if all other household devices are working ok, but perhaps its a problem with the tablet itself, try bring it on another wifi location (a local library or a friend or neighbours house) to see if the same thing happens, if it does then it could be faulty and I'd bring it back to where you got it.

Thanks Joe Soap,
    The tablet works in the neighbours without any problem, it's just this router that causes the problem. If I disable wifi on the tablet (I get about 5 seconds before it reboots) it won't reboot. But as soon as I enable wifi, it reboots and reboots each time it starts.

Thanks Joe Soap,
    The tablet works in the neighbours without any problem, it's just this router that causes the problem. If I disable wifi on the tablet (I get about 5 seconds before it reboots) it won't reboot. But as soon as I enable wifi, it reboots and reboots each time it starts.

That's very strange, it could be a compatibility issue with the router or vice-versa, go into the router settings and make sure the router is set to '802.11b/g/n Mixed' so it's using all wifi modes. Also, is it possible to check it another eircom router - a neighbour or friend who might also have eFibre to see does it happen with theirs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thanks Joe Soap,

http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/asus-transformer-tf101-help/6770-wifi-causes-continual-rebooting-cycle.html

You arent the only one. (Google is your friend)

It seems it doesnt play nice with certain routers. But as its the first device other than legacy macs to conflict with the F1000 that I've heard of I'd have to say its dodgy firmware by Asus. The fact that it reboots would indicate its crashing a system process when the DHCP call fails.

I'd add a guest access point to the F1000's config, delete the normal eircomXXXX ssid from the tablet when not in range, then try and connect to the guest one. See what happens.

After that, go for a cheap AP just for the tab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Folks,

I'm having trouble setting up my dvr to port forward with the efibre f1000 router.
    Should the defaut gateway be set at 192.168.1.1 on the DVR? All settings on new router look like they start with XXX.XXX.1.X

I have set the forwarding rule to TCP 50000(triggerPort) 80(start Port). However my dvr has the settings (server port 9000) and (HTTP Port 80).

I can now view the DVR on my pc locally but not on my phone or tablet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

School boy error on my part and I hope this helps a few others.

THe default gateway on most devices is 192.168.0.1. If you have this set manually on your devices this needs to be changed to match the default gateway of your new router which is 192.168.1.254. DNS Settings may also need to be checked.

Advertisement