Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many sexual partners have you had so far?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

zega wrote: »
    She straight up asked me :\

It's obviously a huge deal for her! I have never asked a boyfriend, no matter how long we were together, I don't really want to know. Just had general conversations about past experiences to get a feel for how they view sex if you get me.

It can be a turn off for some, not for others. Don't worry about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

Is there any truth in the theory in one of the American Pie movies that guys will talk up the amount of partners they've had, and women will talk down the number they've had? I know I'd be more inclined to want to round downwards, though I've never actually lied about it.

Well I'm female, I wouldn't lie about my number. But if it was a few higher than it currently is, I may lie. Just 'cause people tend to judge on that. But if it was a boyfriend that asked, I'd tell the truth no matter what the number was. I think guys are more likely to lie and give a higher number 'cause of the whole 'makes you a bigger legend if you've rid more girls' stereotype. Not that I think that but yknow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,147 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It's my pick up line sure :rolleyes:

Jenny: "Fancy going out some time?"

- Guy: "I'm not so sure!

Jenny: "I can give you the numbers of 12 other guys who will tell you how I put out!"

- Guy: "I'll pick you up at 8"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Well I'm female, I wouldn't lie about my number. But if it was a few higher than it currently is, I may lie. Just 'cause people tend to judge on that. But if it was a boyfriend that asked, I'd tell the truth no matter what the number was. I think guys are more likely to lie and give a higher number 'cause of the whole 'makes you a bigger legend if you've rid more girls' stereotype. Not that I think that but yknow.

IMO never tell a guy your real number, it tends to end up as canon fodder!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Sounds like you dodged a bullet there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Jenny: "Fancy going out some time?"

- Guy: "I'm not so sure!

Jenny: "I can give you the numbers of 12 other guys who will tell you how I put out!"

- Guy: "I'll pick you up at 8"

They never say they're "Not so sure" ;)

They never say they're "Not so sure" ;)

Infamy can be a curse AND a blessing :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

mishkalucy wrote: »

as you get older, your "number" becomes less and less relevant, i find that whole guys bragging about their "number" is just nonsense that came from american frat movies and romcoms and even the likes of american pie.

what's more important and what you never seem to hear about in the movies is the idea of practicing safe sex, because anything that's "safe" implies immediately that its taking all the fun out of it.

i wonder how many young girls are in for the shock of their lives when they realise that guys dont spray sparkly tinsel when they come! :D

xsiborg wrote: »
    as you get older, your "number" becomes less and less relevant, i find that whole guys bragging about their "number" is just nonsense that came from american frat movies and romcoms and even the likes of american pie.

what's more important and what you never seem to hear about in the movies is the idea of practicing safe sex, because anything that's "safe" implies immediately that its taking all the fun out of it.

i wonder how many young girls are in for the shock of their lives when they realise that guys dont spray sparkly tinsel when they come! :D

Agreed!

But I was referring to the "number" as canon fodder in relationships where people have talked too much about their past and jealousy can ensue

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

What's a canon fodder? & what kinda number do you think is appropriate to tell guys? I'm 18

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

really guess if that depends on the guy too.. Id be more interested in weather you are easy to talk to rather then your age...

Make no sense to worry about an age ...

Canon fodder means that the information may be shared about past relationships during intimate moments.
    But when the proverbial hits the fan, it can be used against you!

There is no number for an 18 yr old, you should enjoy your life, not make numbers;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

What's a canon fodder? & what kinda number do you think is appropriate to tell guys? I'm 18

cannon fodder is simply just a way of saying you're setting yourself up for all sorts of judgement and trouble that really you could do without.

as for what number you tell guys, just tell them that really its none of their business, and any guy that's immature enough to press the point, isnt worth sleeping with, because that's just looking to stroke his own ego imho.

it shouldnt matter as long as you're both taking precautions and looking after your sexual health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Are guys here counting one night stands? It's just I'm slightly confused that most guys on here were only with 1-4 sexual partners.

Pedant wrote: »
    Are guys here counting one night stands? It's just I'm slightly confused that most guys on here were only with 1-4 sexual partners.

Some guys have no interest in one-nighters and prefer sex to be with someone you have built a relationship with.

If they're extremely lucky the number might even be 1!

Some guys have no interest in one-nighters and prefer sex to be with someone you have built a relationship with.

If they're extremely lucky the number might even be 1!

Yes but younger guys in their late teen or early twenties aren't always like that, especially in college.

Yes but younger guys in their late teen or early twenties aren't always like that, especially in college.

For the most part.

Some people meet their future spouse in their school years!

For the most part.

Some people meet their future spouse in their school years!

Some, but most don't. Generally speaker, younger guys 18-25 are more promiscuous.

Some, but most don't. Generally speaker, younger guys 18-25 are more promiscuous.

Indeed, some.

Also, you'd be surprised how many guys actually have standards! "Any hole's a goal" is not a universal motto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Slept with four lads, none of them one night stands (not my thing). My number seems quite average with men and women. I'm also not embarrassed or ashamed of my 'magic number'

• Advertisement

Damn, now I feel like a slut. :(

Damn, now I feel like a slut. :(

Spill :P

Seriously, I'm been sexually active since I was 20 (I'm 21 now) and already been with 4. That's under a year! I'm a freakin' man-slut. Ugh! Now I understand why women fear being branded as sluts. I think I'll stop being and atheist an go to mass again, going to confession and bathing myself in holy water to cleanse me of my perversions and impurities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Sounds like he already has....a few times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

Wow! That's a very personal question for someone you're just dating. You can turn a situation like that around by pointing out that every relationship is practice for the one that lasts the rest of your lives and if you've had relationships with 20/30/40 other women, she has to be more special than all of them for her to have a chance with you. If she's really pissy with you, you could tell her if she's only been with 2 or 3 guys, any guy only really needs to be better than those 2 or 3 to get with her and you're pretty sure you're more special than that. Plus never answer that question before her, insist if she wants to know, she should have the courtesy of telling you first and tell her if you think she's lying.

Seriously, I'm been sexually active since I was 20 (I'm 21 now) and already been with 4. That's under a year! I'm a freakin' man-slut. Ugh! Now I understand why women fear being branded as sluts. I think I'll stop being and atheist and go to mass again, going to confession and bathing myself in holy water to cleanse me of my perversions and impurities.

4 is nothing, sure you could do that in a weekend!

Seriously, I'm been sexually active since I was 20 (I'm 21 now) and already been with 4. That's under a year! I'm a freakin' man-slut. Ugh! Now I understand why women fear being branded as sluts.

Ah that not too bad now in all fairness

4 is nothing, sure you could do that in a weekend!

I'm sure I could do it in 6 hours. But now I feel all impure. I've defiled myself.

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Sounds like he already has....a few times!!

I like your style, lets be friends ;)

• Advertisement

I'm sure I could do it in 6 hours. But now I feel all impure. I've defiled myself.

I don't doubt that you've defiled yourself 4 times in 6 hours!

Advertisement