Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Orlagh0

Hi i just wondering if there any updates on new applications?mine was received October 3rd rang fis xmas week as my community welfare officer seemed to think they were getting through them quicker.fis said my application has been taken off site for processing wondering what this might mean really worried after reading posts i might have to wait till April already falling behind in rent etc.so worried

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

Orlagh0 wrote: »
    Hi i just wondering if there any updates on new applications?mine was received October 3rd rang fis xmas week as my community welfare officer seemed to think they were getting through them quicker.fis said my application has been taken off site for processing wondering what this might mean really worried after reading posts i might have to wait till April already falling behind in rent etc.so worried

my date is august 9th and still waiting, but if they say urs is been processed that must be a good sign for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Orlagh0 wrote: »

Thats right all applications dated from July to November have been boxed up and brought to Letterkenny. No one has touch them since November. They will have to get through the 1000 or so renewals before they tough the July 1st time applications.

If your CWO is willing to give you a weekly payment in the meantime, take it, we could be in for a long wait.

rang again this morning, was told there on june now

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mattsd2012

rang again this morning, was told there on june now

Did they say what date in june they were processing cause the last processed date before all this messing was 21st June so they must be doing the rest of the month now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Jordannoah

Hi everyone my date is 5th September. I emailed them before Christmas and got a response saying it would probably be April at the latest. I am really hoping it will be before then as things are quite desperate at the moment

mattsd2012 wrote: »
    Did they say what date in june they were processing cause the last processed date before all this messing was 21st June so they must be doing the rest of the month now

no wasnt givin a date, god nos if its even correct information:cool:

no wasnt givin a date, god nos if its even correct information:cool:

Id assume its after 21st June anyway a friend of mine got his before they stopped processing and that was eraly December and he was June21st

Thats good news, originally we were told they would finish all the renewals and then start on the 1st timers. but now it looks like they are doing both at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

I'm confused now-just off the phone with Letterkenny. I sent my application on 19 September, but had no payslips to send on. Get paid monthly so didn't have payslips until 21st November, so I sent them onto Longford. Thought I had better check with letterkenny to make sure they had payslips, or to send on copies, as I don't want a hold up when they start processing mine. They told me that there has been a change, they haven't any new applications there, and that if I want to send more payslips that everything will have to go to Longford because they are dealing with it all now.

Not sure if she just didn't take me up properly on the phone, I told her my application date, the date I received letter, and the dates I sent off the payslips though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

I'm confused now-just off the phone with Letterkenny. I sent my application on 19 September, but had no payslips to send on. Get paid monthly so didn't have payslips until 21st November, so I sent them onto Longford. Thought I had better check with letterkenny to make sure they had payslips, or to send on copies, as I don't want a hold up when they start processing mine. They told me that there has been a change, they haven't any new applications there, and that if I want to send more payslips that everything will have to go to Longford because they are dealing with it all now.

Not sure if she just didn't take me up properly on the phone, I told her my application date, the date I received letter, and the dates I sent off the payslips though.

Hi,
    Im in the same situation as you. My date is September 7th. I sent in my first 3 monthly payslips to Longford at the start of December. I have received nothing back and assumed they had my payslips.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Kevint30 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im in the same situation as you. My date is September 7th. I sent in my first 3 monthly payslips to Longford at the start of December. I have received nothing back and assumed they had my payslips.

I have just emailed Longford, and explained all. Mine is kind of complicated as I was on a CE scheme, taken on 15 hours a week by same company in April(alongside CE scheme), and then when my scheme came to an end they employed me, only for between 20 and 25 hours a week- but because they kept me n the same payroll, for April-September it looks like I earned loads more than I do, so a very long email is n the way, hopefully they reply. I have asked them to let me now if they have payslips and if I should forward on more. I have a letter sent with application explaining everything as well. They were lovely in Letterkenny, but she said that everything had been sent back again

I was told Letterkenny were processing FIS Renewals and Longford were processing First Time Applications. I orginally rang Letterkenny who informed me of this and told to ring Lomngford. I called Longford and thats when I got the email address and got the reply just before Christmas that it would be April at the latest

Jordannoah wrote: »
    I was told Letterkenny were processing FIS Renewals and Longford were processing First Time Applications. I orginally rang Letterkenny who informed me of this and told to ring Lomngford. I called Longford and thats when I got the email address and got the reply just before Christmas that it would be April at the latest
    Hi Jordannoah,
    Can you give me this email address please?

fissection@welfare.ie

They answered pretty quickly aswell

This is the reply I got from them on the 10th December

Form ok. It will be treated as a new application from Sept. However there is a backlog in this section and it is intended that all of the claims in the backlog will be cleared by April 2013 at the latest.

Regards

FIS Section

whats killing me is waiting patiently, but not actually noin if i will get it

whats killing me is waiting patiently, but not actually noin if i will get it

Did you got to your CWO to get supplement while your waiting????

I'm recieving it at the moment so I guess that means I'm entitled to it and they will deduct it from any back pay I'm due

mattsd2012 wrote: »
    Did you got to your CWO to get supplement while your waiting????

I'm recieving it at the moment so I guess that means I'm entitled to it and they will deduct it from any back pay I'm due

no i didnt go, i no i should really but im holdin out hope that its only goin to be another short while and ive gottin this far lol...

ya c it doesnt say anything on the website about being on the min wage to get it but as im second year trainee im on trainee wage not min wage and i dont no if this will cause a problem

It doesnt matter that your not on minimum wage. As long as you are working 20 hrs per week and earn less than €505 per week for one child.

I was refused the first time as my hours had changed 5 months before I was assessed. Instead of accepting my new wage, they used an average of the previous 42 weeks wages. This, coupled with my partners payment was to high for a FIS payment.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    It doesnt matter that your not on minimum wage. As long as you are working 20 hrs per week and earn less than €505 per week for one child.

I was refused the first time as my hours had changed 5 months before I was assessed. Instead of accepting my new wage, they used an average of the previous 42 weeks wages. This, coupled with my partners payment was to high for a FIS payment.

i work 19 on a low wage, one child and struggling lol..as is everyone eh..

ive been worrying non stop that that would affect me tho

• Advertisement

no i didnt go, i no i should really but im holdin out hope that its only goin to be another short while and ive gottin this far lol...

ya c it doesnt say anything on the website about being on the min wage to get it but as im second year trainee im on trainee wage not min wage and i dont no if this will cause a problem

I would just go see them anyway no point holding out if u are struggling like I am..... for every week that goes by your putting yourself under more pressure at least if cwo can help they will.....

I may be in the same position as you Lollydolly. Im under a training contract for 3.5 years, this being my first year. I am earning less than minimum wage and just hope it doesnt affect my entitlements.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Being on less than min wage won't effect the claim but DSP will contact NERA who will investigate the employer, to insure all is above board.

FIS wrote: »
    Being on less than min wage won't effect the claim but DSP will contact NERA who will investigate the employer, to insure all is above board.
    Thanks. Are you a FIS representative?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

No

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carkel

New Applications have any of you been paid or awarded payment since beginning jan

Carkel wrote: »
    New Applications have any of you been paid or awarded payment since beginning jan

nothing as of yet, date: august 9th 2012 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

by the time you get it ,you will have to put a new claim for next years!
    start all over again!

I may be in the same position as you Lollydolly. Im under a training contract for 3.5 years, this being my first year. I am earning less than minimum wage and just hope it doesnt affect my entitlements.

I just hope this nera crowd wont jeopardise my job :( as in im getting paid what im supposed to for the stage im at but i dont no how my boss will feel about having them "investigate" will the boss think im causing problems..?

all i want is my job and my fis lol :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Carkel

My date is July 29th so there isn't much between us please god it will be paid soon

Advertisement