Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrieve info from SKY+ HD Box?

• 21-04-2015 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi,

Is it possible to retrieve the information from a SKY+ HD Box?

We ended our subscription to SKY about 6 months ago because we couldn't afford it anymore. My son loved to watch one childrens show ( POPIZ ) that cannot be gotten anywhere. I think there were 22 episodes and he had them all recorded. Would it be possible to get them off the box and say onto a hard drive to watch on a PC ?

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

iPaddyM wrote: »
    Hi,

Is it possible to retrieve the information from a SKY+ HD Box?

We ended our subscription to SKY about 6 months ago because we couldn't afford it anymore. My son loved to watch one childrens show ( POPIZ ) that cannot be gotten anywhere. I think there were 22 episodes and he had them all recorded. Would it be possible to get them off the box and say onto a hard drive to watch on a PC ?

TIA

Remove the hard drive from the box and connect to your pc. Google / YouTube will explain all in detail

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

Thanks hallo dare, I'll look into it.

I'm pretty handy with dissembling electrical items, I'll give it a go.

Software to decrypt the files?, this free online?

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There is no discussing hacking systems here.

Advertisement