Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC freetime world and anytime world?

• 18-08-2010 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭

Got the freetime world the otherday, I see it says free calls for off peak times but doesnt specify what time off peak is.

Also If I knew this I could make up my mind if anytime world would be better. And from the anytime world deal am I to understand that there is free calls all of the time?

May be better suited somewhere else but I put it here as its part of the BBand bundle. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Off peak in Ireland is 6:00pm-8:00am on weekdays, 24 hours on weekends and bank holidays.

I have the Anytime pack myself.
    It's 24/7 with no time restriction.
    Was on the phone to Dublin a few weeks back for almost 3 hours for instance.
    Had a pack with another provider before where it was free as long as you didn't go over 60 mins, so you'd have to hang up and call again when you got to 59 mins.
    Not with this one.

The international calls are only 400 mins a month though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

are you charged for local calls during peak times on Freetime World? am on anytime world annd was thiking of dowgrading but therere really wouldn't be any point if i'm going to be charged for local calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 petestan

I am being charged the peak rate until 6.30pm, so be careful.

Also, FreeTime World is free only after 6.30 and on weekends so, 'el dude', you will be charged for everything at peak times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

• Registered Users Posts: 31 codod

Off Peak starts at 19:01 and continues to 6:59 Monday to Friday and all weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

As already stated, off peak is 7pm to 7am Monday - Friday and all day weekend and bank holidays. Same as Eircom / Vodafone.

Re having only 400 minutes international calls, I was speaking to someone about it the other and they said out of 150,000 plus phone customers, only 1% go over the 400 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭devil-80

Anyway to check the remaining minutes?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

..Brian.. wrote: »
    As already stated, off peak is 7pm to 7am Monday - Friday and all day weekend and bank holidays. Same as Eircom / Vodafone.

Re having only 400 minutes international calls, I was speaking to someone about it the other and they said out of 150,000 plus phone customers, only 1% go over the 400 minutes!

Since when did 7pm become the new off peak, it use to always be 6 :(

As for the 1% argument, I really hate that argument that telcos make. Sure only 1% go over it, that is because the other 99% are being careful not to go over it as they can't afford more. Given them a higher cap and I'm certain far more would go over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

devil-80 wrote: »
    Anyway to check the remaining minutes?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Fresh2000

I got bundle phone and 50Mb broadband and it says there freetime wold is within it so it says on their website that montly cost is €45.50, but on my bill they charget me over €8 for freetime world. I am going to call them tomorrow to explain this, anyone else have same on their bill?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

Fresh2000 wrote: »
    I got bundle phone and 50Mb broadband and it says there freetime wold is within it so it says on their website that montly cost is €45.50, but on my bill they charget me over €8 for freetime world. I am going to call them tomorrow to explain this, anyone else have same on their bill?

UPC are famous to issuing illegible bills. I think they do it to confuse everyone in the hope no one will plough through their bills and discover all the discrepancies!:rolleyes:

I make a point of taking the time and have to regularly call them / email them to get an explanation for extra costs. They usually tell me it an "clerical error". Email is better as you then have it all in black and white!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

They've decided to charge me the VAT on my freetime world calls, which I don't get charged for. What ingenuity.

They've decided to charge me the VAT on my freetime world calls, which I don't get charged for. What ingenuity.

Do they not deduct that on the savings bit underneath?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Do they not deduct that on the savings bit underneath?

They deduct the amount pre VAT. I've done the sums.

SAVING AND DISCOUNTS
    TELEPHONY
    Freetime World Local & National 1 07/03/12−06/04/12 −0.48 −0.48
    Total for Telephony −0.48 −0.48

Billing part....
    Total for 011234567 3 00:27:43 0.48 0.59
    Total for Usage 0.59

It's sweet f all in reality, but it's the fact that they're charging VAT that pees me off. I did ring them up. They're "looking at it".

The same happened a user a few years ago, according to a boards search - but on international calls.

EDIT: Not a BB issue, apologies for the OT post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

bk wrote: »
    Since when did 7pm become the new off peak, it use to always be 6 :(.

February 2011
    The start time for making cheaper off-peak calls will also change from 6pm to 7pm for most customers. The peak call window will widen to between 7am and 7pm from Monday to Friday.
    source:http://www.idevelop.ie/blogs/eircom_to_hike_prices.php

I assume as the main network provider, all other telcos must change accordingly.

They deduct the amount pre VAT. I've done the sums.

SAVING AND DISCOUNTS
    TELEPHONY
    Freetime World Local & National 1 07/03/12−06/04/12 −0.48 −0.48
    Total for Telephony −0.48 −0.48

Billing part....
    Total for 011234567 3 00:27:43 0.48 0.59
    Total for Usage 0.59

It's sweet f all in reality, but it's the fact that they're charging VAT that pees me off. I did ring them up. They're "looking at it".

The same happened a user a few years ago, according to a boards search - but on international calls.

EDIT: Not a BB issue, apologies for the OT post.

Let's say you made €50 of calls covered on the package and your bill was supposed to be €45.50, are you saying the VAT figure on the free calls would push it beyond the €45.50 bundle price?

They credited me for the pre VAT amount, and then charged me the difference.

Advertisement