Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Oh. Dad just left. I got out of bed to go down to the toilet and himself told me to go back to bed cos he's bringing me breakfast! Think it'll be soon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Hope it all goes as nicely as you hope SarahBro!

My parents text me most days when I'm in college, especially my dad (we're pretty close). I usually forget to text them first so they're always chasing after me to make sure I'm alright :pac: Then I see them every weekend.

I have exams tomorrow now, and the fear still hasn't set in. I think I'm a bit insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

EmilyO wrote: »

I have exams tomorrow now, and the fear still hasn't set in. I think I'm a bit insane.

hahahahahahaha samesies! :pac:

havent a clue whats going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

I see my mam everyday and then we would also text and call.

Last night was alright. I am just fed up of feeling let down by people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Not getting much done and I'm starting to freak out a bit. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I very rarely speak to my parents and haven't seen them in two years. I'm just not a home bird and i always feel like i'm suffocating when i'm around them. They're nosey and interfering and they think that the only thing that matters in life is work.

I don't really wish i had a better relationship with them or anything like that. It is what it is. I'm extremely independent so i don't like interference from anybody regardless of who they are.

I was involved in an rta last friday (guy pulled out of a side road and hit me on my motorbike head on, sent me 20 metres up the wrong side of the road. I have a cast up to my knee) and when i told my mum she got all hyper about the possibility of going to my funeral and said she was coming to see me immediately. I just roared laughing. An accident doesn't mean you suddenly remember your parental responsibilities that you've ignored for at least 7 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

:O PIXIE!! Are you ok??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

God pixiebean hope you're ok.

I'm watching the William & Kate awful movie on Channel 5. Don't judge me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Pixie that sounds awful! hope you are ok!! xxx

Acoshla wrote: »
    God pixiebean hope you're ok.

:O I LOVE IT :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Hope you are alright Pixie!

Sitting here judging you Acoshla, tut tut tut lol!

Thanks ladies. I'm as well as can be considering i'm bedridden. Very frustrated and angry about it all. My bike is a write-off and i'm on crutches for at least another 4 weeks and then physio. I have a fractured ankle which is very sore. Lots of road rash, bruises and cuts, big gash on my left knee. And SOOO bored!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Sitting here judging you Acoshla, tut tut tut lol!

Thanks ladies. I'm as well as can be considering i'm bedridden. Very frustrated and angry about it all. My bike is a write-off and i'm on crutches for at least another 4 weeks and then physio. I have a fractured ankle which is very sore. Lots of road rash, bruises and cuts, big gash on my left knee. And SOOO bored!!

Sending you hugs!

Take up knitting or get someone to do a library run for you and indulge yourself in reading loads of books you have wanted to read for ages.

I have become quite accustomed to finding things to keep me occupied when I'm not able to leave the bed/ couch.

My MS has become symptomatic again so I see a lot of relaxing ahead of me until it lifts.

Unfortunately my lovely Kindle was in my bag when i went rolling down the road and it's completely broken.

Fortunately Amazon have said they'll replace it for £50 and i should have my new one by Wednesday. So that will certainly help with the boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I was involved in an rta last friday (guy pulled out of a side road and hit me on my motorbike head on, sent me 20 metres up the wrong side of the road. I have a cast up to my knee) and when i told my mum she got all hyper about the possibility of going to my funeral and said she was coming to see me immediately. I just roared laughing. An accident doesn't mean you suddenly remember your parental responsibilities that you've ignored for at least 7 years!

:eek:

Holy crap, that sounds terrifying!

I have tea. Do you need tea?

I recommend a box-set or seven. And the internet. The internet is a great boredom reliever :)

Yeah thankfully the broadband is helping to keep me sane. Watching lots of the big bang theory, heroes, futurama, family guy and american dad, all from the beginning.

My poor boyfriend though will never make it as a nurse lol!

Fair few people i know passed the scene of the accident and saw the bike and thought the worst.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

poor pb, speedy recovery

lol, i just sang up to A
    this stuff is really increasing my range

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I'd talk to my dad almost daily and my mom one a week on the phone. I'm round to my sisters house a few times a week because she lives 5 minutes away and my other sister I talk to once every 6-10 months (when she comes over to visit from Belgium). We've an 11 year age gap and different views on everything so we get on much better the less we talk :) Going to be interesting how we get on when she moves back in a couple weeks!

sarahbro wrote: »
    Oh. Dad just left. I got out of bed to go down to the toilet and himself told me to go back to bed cos he's bringing me breakfast! Think it'll be soon :D

Yeay :D so excited for you!! Hope it all goes well :D

Oh god, so glad you're okay! I was involved in a car crash with a bike when I was younger and it put me off them forever, truely terrfying.
    At least you have us to keep you company :) Get yourself some boxset and an xbox and you'll be grand
    Acoshla wrote: »

.....*judges a little bit* :P

bluewolf wrote: »
    lol, i just sang up to A
    this stuff is really increasing my range

I'm really impressed! I can never get past a G... *pouts*

Pixie that sounds very painful! Was it your new bike too? Hopefully insurance will cover it and not be too much hassle!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Lola92 wrote: »

This is just the second A above middle C now, in case I sound too impressive... I'm only a mezzo!
    I hit the Bb once but it was warbly and I sounded like I was being killed, so I stopped ;p

I've just started learning Ach ich fuehl's which is pure soprano, we were transposing it down so the high note for me is a G instead of Bb, but maybe sometime I can bring it back up a tone :cool:

• Advertisement

Assignment actually going well!

But.....
    17616445.jpg

This is just the second A above middle C now, in case I sound too impressive... I'm only a mezzo!
    I hit the Bb once but it was warbly and I sounded like I was being killed, so I stopped ;p

I've just started learning Ach ich fuehl's which is pure soprano, we were transposing it down so the high note for me is a G instead of Bb, but maybe sometime I can bring it back up a tone :cool:

I'm the same.. or at least I was! I used to transpose up a key to make myself more comfortable with the true key when it came to actual performances. Made for some dodgy notes at rehersals at times though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I don't know a huge amount about music, but that is impressive :)

When I did school choir I was put in the descant group, which has left me with an ability to make high-pitched, piercing squeaking noises.

Hope you're okay Pixiebean!

I'm the same.. or at least I was! I used to transpose up a key to make myself more comfortable with the true key when it came to actual performances. Made for some dodgy notes at rehersals at times though :o

what kind of performances did you do? i've been at this less than a year now, i'm doing a "casual concert" thing at my music school for students to practice not getting stage fright :D

Pixie that sounds very painful! Was it your new bike too? Hopefully insurance will cover it and not be too much hassle!

Yep, my new bike. I'm so sad about that. Ah i'll be claiming everything off your man's insurance, he was 100% at fault.

what kind of performances did you do? i've been at this less than a year now, i'm doing a "casual concert" thing at my music school for students to practice not getting stage fright :D

I did classical for about a term but then swapped to a different teacher who was more contemporary/jazz. I loved it :) What music school are you in bluewolf? Feel free to PM if you don't want to post :)

Edit: PB that really does suck :( Fingers crossed you'll be all healed up in no time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

They boys are napping again.

We seem to be on different schedules!

This is great though, some me time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Hope you're ok PBS x

Just woke up from a 2 hour nap and now gonna head for Sunday dinner. Love lazy Sunday's :)

I did classical for about a term but then swapped to a different teacher who was more contemporary/jazz. I loved it :) What music school are you in bluewolf? Feel free to PM if you don't want to post :)

Edit: PB that really does suck :( Fingers crossed you'll be all healed up in no time.

waltons
    i'm doing classical only, i don't want to learn anything contemporary and definitely not jazz :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

I'm engaged :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement