Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Arciphel wrote: »
    Chuck, this news item as reported in the papers today is very concerning.
    However, according to the information I received this incident didn't happen as described, and is being blown out of proportion - that the girl in question was in fact the victim of a prank by other kids in her school/class.
    Her parents reported the matter to the school and the gardai and it was only later that it was realised that the girl in question knew the kids who had carried this out as some kind of ill-advised prank.
    I have contacted the community garda for confirmation as to what the details of this case are, so far as they can tell me.
    Did you get confirmation from the gardai as to the particulars of this case?

yes i've heard this too, but the incident in corduff did happen and so too did the one in carpenterstown etc.

On another note, I believe the newspaper was told their facts were wrong and decided to go ahead.

I totally get what you're saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Just spoke to the gardai in Blanchardstown, they are currently in a meeting to decide what they can & cannot share in relation to this incident, they took my number and are going to ring me back once a decision has been made. They said they have received a lot of similar calls this morning. Will update where once we know what the final outcome is.

If the newspaper knew their facts were incorrect and decided to print the story anyway... well, I don't even know where to start with that. :mad:

Just spoke to the gardai in Blanchardstown, they are currently in a meeting to decide what they can & cannot share in relation to this incident, they took my number and are going to ring me back once a decision has been made. They said they have received a lot of similar calls this morning. Will update where once we know what the final outcome is.

If the newspaper knew their facts were incorrect and decided to print the story anyway... well, I don't even know where to start with that. :mad:

I don't know what facts are incorrect specifically but I know they were informed some facts were incorrect. A paper never refuses ink.

btw: I think your comments are also on FB if I'm not mistaken. :D

Jaysus, don't "out" me on FB chuck! :eek::eek::eek: LOL

Nah I'd ever do that. I'm a decent lad, no matter what the others say. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I see your comment too : P

THIS JUST IN

"Just been on the news another attempted abduction of a girl in clonsilla last night - same thing someone using a bag over the young girls head,this is disgusting and very scary"

This is a new one again apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I think they're getting it mixed up and the report on the news is the same as the one being reported in the newspapers.

January wrote: »
    I think they're getting it mixed up and the report on the news is the same as the one being reported in the newspapers.

That's what I would suspect too, but Clonee and Clonsilla are completely separate areas. I think you are actually spot on but better safe than sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

That's what I would suspect too, but Clonee and Clonsilla are completely separate areas. I think you are actually spot on but better safe than sorry.

Manorfields is often referred to as having a Clonee address, when in fact its not, others refer to it being in Clonsilla, again, which its not, hence the confusion here methinks...

FTR Manorfields is actually in the townland of Castaheany ;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Indo certainly havent the smarts to separate those areas. Clonsilla runs into Ongar runs into Clonee runs into Littlepace.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The Indo certainly havent the smarts to separate those areas. Clonsilla runs into Ongar runs into Clonee runs into Littlepace.

Oh absolutely, agree 100%.
    I was just pointing out that depending to who you talk to in the area they'll describe it as any of the 3 areas I mentioned, so the chances of a Journo looking to fire out an article ASAP getting that right are slim to none, irrelevant of the article content.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Oh absolutely, agree 100%.
    I was just pointing out that depending to who you talk to in the area they'll describe it as any of the 3 areas I mentioned, so the chances of a Journo looking to fire out an article ASAP getting that right are slim to none, irrelevant of the article content.

Yea, a lot of people like myself just refer to the likes of manorfield, hazelbury etc as Clonee. I refer to Ongar as the village and the general area. Apparently Risheeney village is in Clonsilla, but i always refer to it being in Hartstown.

Since ye are all a pack of facebook stalkers :pac: there's no point in me posting this up here but I may as well anyway... regarding to this incident, I've heard back from the Gardai in Blanchardstown, all they are saying at this stage is that they are satisfied that this was a credible approach on the child in question, and that they are continuing their investigation but they have no meaningful description of the assailant to share at the moment.

So at the moment it sounds like with hindsight they are saying this was not a prank and was serious.

However I am still not sure what is going on, I read this message on facebook today.

Hd1JAjn.png

saranac1 did you ring the gardai about it? NCT website shows it as a blue Audi A4.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭saranac1

saranac1 did you ring the gardai about it? NCT website shows it as a blue Audi A4.

Yes that's it, they are very aggressive and ruthless at what they are doing regarding robberys

saranac1 wrote: »
    Yes that's it, they are very aggressive and ruthless at what they are doing regarding robberys

Did you report it to the gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

So unfortunately, I ran into the lady from this post again, at Hazel Lawn. Just in the last half hour or so.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93142581&postcount=2264

She crossed the road TWICE to meet me. She said 'What are you doing here? Why are you here? Go back to where you came from!' I couldn't say anything to her as she continued down the road, this time she didn't stop really. There was a man walking a little further up the road - after, I went up to him to ask if he saw her and/or recognised her, but it turned out he was a non-national and didn't really understand what I was saying so I left it.

She was wearing a kind of copper/gold/brown coloured jacket, short, spectacles, mousy-blond-grey-ish hair, she's Irish.

More than last time I'm thinking there's definitely mental health issues here, but I wish she would stop picking on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

LookingFor wrote: »
    So unfortunately, I ran into the lady from this post again, at Hazel Lawn. Just in the last half hour or so.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93142581&postcount=2264

She crossed the road TWICE to meet me. She said 'What are you doing here? Why are you here? Go back to where you came from!' I couldn't say anything to her as she continued down the road, this time she didn't stop really. There was a man walking a little further up the road - after, I went up to him to ask if he saw her and/or recognised her, but it turned out he was a non-national and didn't really understand what I was saying so I left it.

She was wearing a kind of copper/gold/brown coloured jacket, short, spectacles, mousy-blond-grey-ish hair, she's Irish.

More than last time I'm thinking there's definitely mental health issues here, but I wish she would stop picking on me!

Unfortunate for this woman that she meets you, why dont you stop going into the area, it doesnt need your intolerance.

For the decent folk out there there is a house in this area that is a home to some elderly handicapped women and has been for over 20 years

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Shemale wrote: »
    Unfortunate for this woman that she meets you, why dont you stop going into the area, it doesnt need your intolerance.

For the decent folk out there there is a house in this area that is a home to some elderly handicapped women and has been for over 20 years

No need for that tone. I'm sure it's an unpleasant experience for the poster. She doesn't know this woman, she doesn't know her mental health status. Whoever is caring for this woman need to know what she's doing for her safety.

• Advertisement

:confused::confused::confused:

I live in the area!

I know those ladies, my mother goes to mass with them, and she is not one of them.

Thanks for the helpful input!

The only reason I am putting it out there is to know if this is something that is known about, or if it's something I should be flagging with someone. I may be exasperated by it in the immediate aftermath of one of these incidents, but I don't think that's too out of line when you're being accosted like that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

@shemale, no need to pass judgement on other posters thanks.

LookingFor wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:

I live in the area!

I know those ladies, my mother goes to mass with them, and she is not one of them.

Thanks for the helpful input!

The only reason I am putting it out there is to know if this is something that is known about, or if it's something I should be flagging with someone. I may be exasperated by it in the immediate aftermath of one of these incidents, but I don't think that's too out of line when you're being accosted like that.

To be fair the woman isn't well and I felt your post was more about a "crazy" woman than neighbourhood watch, apoligies if that wasnt the case. You have given a very detailed description and she is quite possibly someones mother who has dementia.

From and living in the area myself and would know most of the women living in that house and they are gentle as lambs, was.just suggesting she might be being cared for in that house.

I reckon she has dementia and is mistaking you for someone else.

Just try your best to ignore it if it happens again, if she's not lucid it won't do her any good for you to try to explain that you're not the person she thinks you are.

Yeah, I think this is most likely.

Good advice, sadly both my grannies and now my dear mum has it and I have watched all three decline.

Disagreeing/ arguing with them seems to make them more agitated.

One of my grannies hit me with a walking stick when I was about 8, she was roaring at me to get out of her house as she thought I was a stranger, all I did was twice say I am your grandson and that was enough for her to turn violent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

We are very very slow to react to these stories in this country, unfortunately

We were speaking about this a few pages back.

To be fair the woman isn't well and I felt your post was more about a "crazy" woman than neighbourhood watch, apoligies if that wasnt the case. You have given a very detailed description and she is quite possibly someones mother who has dementia.

From and living in the area myself and would know most of the women living in that house and they are gentle as lambs, was.just suggesting she might be being cared for in that house.

No hard feelings, I apologise also if I seemed exasperated or short about it.

Just try your best to ignore it if it happens again, if she's not lucid it won't do her any good for you to try to explain that you're not the person she thinks you are.

Yeah, I think I've made the mistake each time of even pausing in the path when she approaches. If it happens again I won't given even the shortest pause and keep walking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Praetorian22

Just pulling this from the Blanchardstown (+Surrounding Areas) Facebook page seems strange enough behavior.

"Hi everyone just to make you aware of an incident in Lohunda last night,of a male caller knocking on peoples doors last night at around 1.30,this indvidual was not just knocking but banging hard on the doors,a few people tried to contact Blanchardstown Station and there was no reply to the call.So make sure your doors are locked at night and windows,still not sure what this person was looking for,he was tall dressed all in black and had a hood up,white runners.This has come from 4 seperate people who live in this area"

Advertisement