Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

The Saturday Night Show 27th November

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Daisy! wrote: »
    Nope :) Just think he cares about the country that's all. If you listened to his show you'd know how passionate and angry he is about it all. Not that he'll ever get to do anything about it but I suppose it comforts people to know he gives a crap unlike a lot of other media personalities who only care about their paycheck.

It's all very contrived, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭baldbear

Comedy gold, Suzanne beating Damo!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:mad: Husband beater, get her off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

She actually looks well tonight... albeit six bottles later... Would make a change to wake up after both a hiding and a serious night on the beer though..

• Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What age is she?

She has been on Fair City for 21 years :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

She was a cute little girl. Time has not been kind to her.

amdublin wrote: »
    Time has not been kind to her.

jaysus, neither have you amdub... Lets see footage of you on Fair City from 21 years ago.. gone all feckn quiet now havent ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

spyderski wrote: »
    Faux passionate. Hes a bigger plank than Pat Kenny - as long as Denis O'Brien the fervent tax avoider keeps writing his paycheck he'll be happy.

Yeah. Why does he single out Enda Kenny as the lightning rod for his distaste with Irish politics?
    We currently have politicians in charge who've ruined the country.
    Why doesn't he leave the country now?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

jaysus, neither have you amdub... Lets see footage of you on Fair City from 21 years ago.. gone all feckn quiet now havent ya...

Well who would you take?

Suzanne from fc or the farming one from last week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Sanctimonious Darcy should stick to playing records and dealing with phone-in competitions. That is his job after all...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

spyderski wrote: »
    What a patronising bitch ! Get her off our airwaves.

"So your granny's heating allowance has been cut? Tough." :eek:
    What a cow. I was glad Brendan O'Connor was well able for her. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Lisa Hanigan, yum!

Jonjo, i hate to break this to you; it's not real. She's an actor.
    Seeing your name reminds me, though; must go and check out your NBA log in the betting forum.
    You were calling a string of winners there; i wanna make some money.

Suzanne from fc or the farming one from last week?

Ella all the way.. Her and Sandra Hurley are the top RTE staffers at the moment...
    Why doesn't he leave the country now?
    I really dont understand why he has taken it on himself to HATE Enda Kenny so much... Surely that sort of animosity should be reserved for those that HAVE actually messed up the country, not those in opposition.. As bad as you may think Kenny is, I think even he would have been hard pushed to make as big a mess of it as the FF leaders have.. (i.e. if he had been Taoiseach 2002-2010)

Ella all the way.. Her and Sandra Hurley are the top RTE staffers at the moment...

I really dont understand why he has taken it on himself to HATE Enda Kenny so much... Surely that sort of animosity should be reserved for those that HAVE actually messed up the country, not those in opposition.. As bad as you may think Kenny is, I think even he would have been hard pushed to make as big a mess of it as the FF leaders have.. (i.e. if he had been leader 2002-2010)

Exactly. I don't even think that Darcy is a particulary big FF supporter, or anything.
    It's just like he took against Kenny, at some point, made it his cause celebre and now feels he has to stick with it.
    Makes him sound like an idiot.

Ella all the way..

)

I rest my case. Suzanne is in bits god love her.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭piptypibe

I usually really like Ray Darcy but he was far too cross for me tonight. And what has Enda ever done to him to make him hate him so much?
    Paul D comes across as a creepy old man in my opinion. Who on earth would post photos of their wife on the internet like that? Odd.
    LOVED Cathy and Lisas duet! Wow! Hate that song Blue Moon but they did such a FAB version of it. Very talented ladies. Their voices blended so well-Such beautiful harmonies.
    And as for Edwina giving Brendan money? The most patronising thing I've seen in a long long time. Maybe she thought she was being funny?.....

I rest my case. Suzanne is in bits god love her.

Just thinking about it though, if Ella arrived on a fkn tractor, wearing wellies, and wanted to bring those pot bellied pigs into the house :( ..... The I'd have to put the (un-wellied) foot down, ditch her and head up to Carrigstown...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,867 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Without getting into a political thing, certain points made by Brendan, Ray, Edwina and Paul all made sense if you think about it. And abuse of men by their partners does exist. I thought Brendan handled that well despite the ignorance of the audience. Back on topic: Were they all pished (incluing the turkey) except Suzzanne (cant remember her real name)?