Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning: Crazy driver in letterkenny

• 07-09-2015 6:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭

So over a week ago on the thursday at around 12.30 i was driving up the port road, ya know past the pulse behind this ni reg people carrier, there are 3 lanes we were both in the middle, i wanted to get up to macs mace and wanted to move over to the right lane as there was no traffic there, she however was over the white line i have a small car and moved over tried to get past her and our cars touched, just the wing mirror like and then i sat there hoping she would take the hint and drive inside her lane, but no so got moved over another bit as I realised I had a bit of room near the kerb and was on my way, pull up at macs mace and get out and this person is shouting at me :eek::eek: yes the woman (im a woman too!) people carrier driver saying things like 'I dont know where you got your license blah blah blah ...you just touched my car blah blah blah tuned her out then I said 'You are not driving a bus!' then walked into the shop and could still hear her shouting...then got my lunch and left, frightened that the tyres would be slashed, or windows smashed or something, but thankfully no, went back to work sitting in carpark and the reality struck me of what happened! she switched lanes to lane 3 we were both in lane 2 going towards the main street then i moved over to lane 3 and then she followed me up the road to give out to me about my driving!! :mad:

Thankfully noone on this sight knows me so I do not mind admitting i suffer from social anxiety for years and this incident has scared me driving now :(:o if i could give up driving I would but I cannot I did not work hard for my full driving license and put my car through the nct 4 times in the past few months to put up with this ****e!!!

Just a warning to people driving here and anywhere I suppose that psychos like this do exist :mad:
    Any opinions on this incident are welcome :o

Note: to the mod guys I have no idea if i am breaking any rules here but I had to get it off my chest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

lovinit wrote: »
    So over a week ago on the thursday at around 12.30 i was driving up the port road, ya know past the pulse behind this ni reg people carrier, there are 3 lanes we were both in the middle, i wanted to get up to macs mace and wanted to move over to the right lane as there was no traffic there, she however was over the white line i have a small car and moved over tried to get past her and our cars touched, just the wing mirror like and then i sat there hoping she would take the hint and drive inside her lane, but no so got moved over another bit as I realised I had a bit of room near the kerb and was on my way, pull up at macs mace and get out and this person is shouting at me :eek::eek: yes the woman (im a woman too!) people carrier driver saying things like 'I dont know where you got your license blah blah blah ...you just touched my car blah blah blah tuned her out then I said 'You are not driving a bus!' then walked into the shop and could still hear her shouting...then got my lunch and left, frightened that the tyres would be slashed, or windows smashed or something, but thankfully no, went back to work sitting in carpark and the reality struck me of what happened! she switched lanes to lane 3 we were both in lane 2 going towards the main street then i moved over to lane 3 and then she followed me up the road to give out to me about my driving!! :mad:

Thankfully noone on this sight knows me so I do not mind admitting i suffer from social anxiety for years and this incident has scared me driving now :(:o if i could give up driving I would but I cannot I did not work hard for my full driving license and put my car through the nct 4 times in the past few months to put up with this ****e!!!

Just a warning to people driving here and anywhere I suppose that psychos like this do exist :mad:
    Any opinions on this incident are welcome :o

Note: to the mod guys I have no idea if i am breaking any rules here but I had to get it off my chest
    Plenty of psychos on the roads, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I'm not really sure which of you is the crazy driver tbh. Do often tip other people's cars and just keep driving :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,762 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yup!....kettle, black arse and pot springs to mind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Yeah sorry OP, whilst there are plenty of psycho crazy drivers on the road, did you acknowledge this one when you tipped their car when forcing by them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mdudy

If somebody tipped my car I certainly wouldn't be happy either. You can't force people out of your way by nudging their car! She may have worked equally hard to afford her car and licence only to have some driver nudge it to get their attention to move inside a lane. Very dodgy driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,118 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There are many crazy drivers in the Letterkenny area. I have experience of them regularly. They think they're rally drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Sorry OP but you were in the wrong. You tipped her mirror, it's irrelevant how lightly the mirrors tipped, you were to blame.

For future reference, if the space isn't big enough to get passed you wait till the cars move, you don't drive on through!

You technically caused a collision and she would have been well Within her right to report you and your driving to the Gardai who could have prosecuted you for driving without due care and attention.

And finally you have s bit of a cheek to come on here and call her a psycho when you were 100% at fault. I would have followed you too and stopped you to let you know how ****e you are at driving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Ok so clearly none of you have ever suffered from a mental health disorder!!! I suffer from anxiety after this happened i went back to work and in the carpark I cried in the car because social anxiety is the fear of what people think about you and this incident did not help

You really do not understand this disorder or clearly you not be bullying me :mad::mad: There was no damage to either car therefore there was no issue involved I need to feel safe in public she had no right to follow me and she was in the wrong too as she was driving over the white line and she switched lanes to follow me

You are all bullies and you should be deeply ashamed of yourselves!!

and wtf is tip the word you are looking for is 'touch'

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Just because you didn't cause damage to a car doesn't mean your driving wasn't at fault.

Nobody is bullying you.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,762 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The OP has closed their account so I see no reason to continue with this.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement