Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A YES vote for Lisbon is a YES vote for ushering in the New World Order.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

simple really,when the French and The Dutch rejected the Constitutuion the first tie round the Lizzards had 2 choices

1) change the bits in the constitution that the people obljected to

2) change the bit that allowed people to object

So care to point out these bits in the Lisbon Treaty or are you just assuming they're there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

well you have ilustrated mypoint for me earlier when you were 'discussing' whether Gordon Brown had promised a referendum in the UK

change the name

suddenly its a diferent document

and so they change the rules by stealth

well you have ilustrated mypoint for me earlier when you were 'discussing' whether Gordon Brown had promised a referendum in the UK
    I was asking whether the European constitutional and the Lisbon treaty legally required a vote.

But regardless, it hardly Earth shattering news when a politician fails to live to to election promises.

change the name

suddenly its a diferent document

and so they change the rules by stealth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Lisbon#Opt-outs
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Lisbon#Compared_to_the_Constitutional_Treaty

These opt outs are kinda of a big deal and fairly large change.

Negotiation on a treaty is a bad thing.

tell ya what, seein as your such a fanboi for the Lisbon Treaty, why dont you outline its benefits to the average joe on the street, a couple of short paragraphs explainin it all to us please, I'm sure we could benefit from your 'Logic' & 'Critical Thinking'

tell ya what, seein as your such a fanboi for the Lisbon Treaty, why dont you outline its benefits to the average joe on the street, a couple of short paragraphs explainin it all to us please, I'm sure we could benefit from your 'Logic' & 'Critical Thinking'

Who said I supported it?
    I didn't vote.

I'm just pointing out the fact that there is no reason in the slightest to believe that it's part of an NWO plot.

If there is a fault in my "logic" and "crictical thinking" please point it out.

It's almost as if you think logic and crictical thinking are like bad words by the way you phrased it.

• Advertisement

as I said before, I'd like to see some input from you that wasnt just shooting down other posters, y'know, a positive contribution to a debate.

I am leanin towards Permabannin you as a Troll, please prove me wrong

as I said before, I'd like to see some input from you that wasnt just shooting down other posters, y'know, a positive contribution to a debate.

I am leanin towards Permabannin you as a Troll, please prove me wrong
    So what my Europe is going to eat your babies theory not enough?
    It's got the same amount of evidence as anything else around here.

Is not debate and cricitcal analysis not a contribution?
    Or do I have to accept a baseless theory to do that?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

666buy_sell.jpg

We've discussed this before. If the bars indicated by the grey arrows are sixes, then so are the digits I've circled. Why? Because they're the right shape. Don't let their context fool you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

oscarBravo wrote: »
    666buy_sell.jpg

We've discussed this before. If the bars indicated by the grey arrows are sixes, then so are the digits I've circled. Why? Because they're the right shape. Don't let their context fool you!
    You need to understand that there are both left and right hand parities to these codes.

EAN13Encoding.gif

Explained in detail. http://www.av1611.org/666/barcode.html

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

You need to understand that there are both left and right hand parities to these codes.
    Yes, and there are also guard patterns, which you've pointed out and claimed are sixes. Don't try to lecture me on barcodes, I've been working with barcode readers and printers since 1987.

• Advertisement

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Yes, and there are also guard patterns, which you've pointed out and claimed are sixes. Don't try to lecture me on barcodes, I've been working with barcode readers and printers since 1987.
    I have been aware of this number contained in the barcode since 1986 :P

Have the three changed since then or should I say since June 1974 when it first appeared on a 10 pack of Wrigley's Juicy fruits?.:eek: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcode

Point aside I do NOT suspect that the bar code will be the "mark of the beast" as it is has its limitations over e_tagging, anyone in retail will tell you.

EAN will be more than likely superseded by RFID powder in the near future, the current cost is the major drawback, these will be so minute you will not be able to see the hidden sixes.:eek:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6389581.stm

I have been aware of this number contained in the barcode since 1986 :P

Have the three changed since then or should I say since June 1974 when it first appeared on a 10 pack of Wrigley's Juicy fruits?.:eek: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcode

Point aside I do NOT suspect that the bar code will be the "mark of the beast" as it is has its limitations over e_tagging, anyone in retail will tell you.

It will be superseded by powder RFID in the near future, current cost is the major drawback, these will be so minute you will not be able to see the hidden sixes.:eek:

So if barcodes aren't the mark of the beast why do they have 666 in them?
    And what has this to do with the Lisbon Treaty? Are you finally going to answer the first question on this thread?

King Mob wrote: »
    So if barcodes aren't the mark of the beast why do they have 666 in them?
    And what has this to do with the Lisbon Treaty? Are you finally going to answer the first question on this thread?
    The EAN barcode is synonymous with commercial activity, the "mark of the beast" in revelation is also synonymous with commercial activity. Some people just get a wake up call.

If EU policy walks over the Irish Constitution (If lisbon gets its way) God knows what extra pan European/ Global security or economic measures could be passed through. :eek:

The EAN barcode is synonymous with commercial activity, the "mark of the beast" in revelation is also synonymous with commercial activity. Some people just get a wake up call.
    But you just said that barcodes weren't the mark of the beast.
    Can you please clarify?
    If EU policy walks over the Irish Constitution (If lisbon gets its way) God knows what extra pan European/ Global security or economic measures could be passed through. :eek:

So no you're still not going to answer the question?
    Where in the Lisbon treaty or any upcoming European law that has anything to do with RFID tags?
    How many time do I have to ask a question of you till it's answered?
    Do you even read them? Or do you just spout more red herring to distract from the questions?

But you just said that barcodes weren't the mark of the beast.
    Can you please clarify?
    EAN Barcodes are a form of identification and a lead up to RFID technology which is also subsequently used in biometric implants. :rolleyes:
    So no you're still not going to answer the question?
    Where in the Lisbon treaty or any upcoming European law that has anything to do with RFID tags?
    How many time do I have to ask a question of you till it's answered?
    Do you even read them? Or do you just spout more red herring to distract from the questions?
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

Run, are you taking the piss or are you just a mentalist?

horseflesh wrote: »
    Run, are you taking the piss or are you just a mentalist?
    Google the subject "barcode 666 rfid" and see for your self. :p

Google the subject "barcode 666 rfid" and see for your self. :p

I did, but holy **** I wish I hadn't.
    The internet truly is a hive for loons.

horseflesh wrote: »
    I did, but holy **** I wish I hadn't.
    The internet truly is a hive for loons.
    All this type of struff will disappear from the Internet as soon as the EU and US get together to draft in new censorship regulations to combat global terrorism :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

All this type of struff will disappear from the Internet as soon as the EU and US get together to draft in new censorship regulations to combat global terrorism

Just say there is a 666 in barcodes, and just say the bible is correct in what it says, and just say the devils number is 666, I still dont understand why they would put it in your face everyday? I'll dismiss any answer that has that :eek: in it, its retarded to put on every post.

• Advertisement

All this type of struff will disappear from the Internet as soon as the EU and US get together to draft in new censorship regulations to combat global terrorism :eek:

Either you're coming out with all this crap to wind people up, or else you need to be sectioned.

I'll dismiss any answer that has that :eek: in it, its retarded to put on every post.
    Why don't you get on to boards administration to ban them? :eek:

So ignoring the question again?
    I wonder why.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Guys - a bit more civility wouldn't go astray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I'll tell you what. I'll have a little go at this if you don't mind. Me having the opposite opinion to your good self and all like.

Hopefully it will benefit some of the posters here. And hopefully it's a little clearer than the New World Order rubbish that been floating around recently. Just for the average Joe's like yourself ya understand.;)

Lisbon Promotes our Values
    Article 2 states: "The EU is founded on the values of respect for human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law and respect for human rights, including the rights of persons belonging to minorities. These values are common to the Member States in a Society in which pluralism, non-discrimination, tolerance, justice, solidarity and equality between women and men prevail."
    Article 3 (5) states: "In its relations with the wider world the Union shall uphold and promote its values and interests and contribute to the protection of its citizens. It shall contribute to peace, security, the sustainable development of the earth, solidarity and mutual respect among peoples, free and fair trade, eradication of poverty and the protection of human rights, in particular, the rights of the child as well as the strict observance and the development of international law, including respect for the principles of the United Nations Charter".

Lisbon Strengthens Social Rights
    The Charter of Fundamental Rights contains the body of civil, political, social and economic rights agreed by the EU in 2000. The emphasis on economic and social rights, including workers' rights, is unique. At present the Charter has the status only of a declaration but when the Lisbon Reform Treaty is ratified it will be binding in Law.

Lisbon Respects Ireland's Neutrality
    The Lisbon Reform Treaty does not alter Ireland's neutrality in any way. Under the Common Foreign and Security Policy all EU civil and military missions must be first agreed by all Member States and must be in accordance with the United Nations Charter. Ireland's proud record of participation in missions abroad under the UN mandate to places of conflict such as Kosovo, the Lebanon and, most recently, Chad will continue as before

Lisbon Deepens the rights of Citizens
    Under Article 8 "every national of a Member State shall be a citizen of the Union. Citizenship of the Union shall be additional to national citizenship and shall not replace it".
    Article 8(b)4 states: "Not less than one million citizens who are nationals of a significant number of Member States may table the initiative of inviting the Commission, within the framework of its powers, to submit any appropriate proposal on matters where citizens consider that a legal act of the Union is required for the purpose of implementing the Treaties".

Thus the Lisbon Treaty provides any citizen or group of citizens with an independent mechanism for placing an issue on the EU Agenda.

Lisbon Enhances the Role of the Dáil
    For the first time National Parliaments of the Member States will have a direct role in framing EU legislation. At present the EU Commission proposes legislation and the Council of Ministers and the European Parliament frame it. Under the Lisbon Reform Treaty the Dáil and Seanad will play a key role in determining new EU laws.

Lisbon Protects Public Services
    Article 136a makes legal provision for social dialogue and for recognition of the Social Partners. What this means in practice is that all EU laws will be "socially proofed" to ensure that they do not impact adversely on people's rights, on employment or on the wider community. For the first time there is a clear legal basis for EU laws to protect public services.

Lisbon Fights Global Poverty
    Article 188 (d) states that "Union development co-operation policy shall have as its primary objective the reduction and, in the long-term, the eradication of poverty".
    In Article 188J a strong commitment is given to Humanitarian Aid "for the purpose of third countries which are victims of natural and man-made disasters".

Lisbon Tackles Climate Change

The Lisbon Reform Treaty gives a legal basis for combating climate change for the first time. Thus the EU is taking on a leadership role in tackling the most serious environmental problem facing the world, namely, climate change.
    Article 174 of the Treaty is amended to commit the EU to "Promoting measures at international level to deal with regional or worldwide environmental problems and, in particular, combating climate change".
    Increased access to European Markets
    A yes vote on the Lisbon Reform Treaty means that the single market project will be more efficient and Irish business can secure further business opportunities.

Ireland will retain a veto in key areas for Irish Business
    A yes vote on the Lisbon Reform Treaty means that any member state will have a veto on decisions in relation to Taxation, including Corporation Tax, key areas of Social Policy and Foreign Direct Investment

Improve our ability to attract foreign direct investment (FDI)
    A yes vote on the Lisbon Reform Treaty will enhance Ireland’s reputation as being a good place to do business which is at the Heart of Europe.

Increased access to international markets and power to shape the rules of international trade.
    A yes vote on the Lisbon Treaty improves our chances to secure access to international markets and will increase Ireland's weight in shaping the rules of international trade. Ireland is a small open economy, which exports over 80% of every product and service it produces. Through our membership of the EU and the creation of the single market Irish business can now sell many of its products and services to 486 million customers throughout the EU on an equal footing to any other company in the EU. In the past 10 years Irish companies have doubled their exports into EU member states from €44 billion to €87billion.

New business opportunities for Irish companies
    A yes vote on the Lisbon Reform Treaty creates the potential for increased opportunities for Irish business particularly in areas subject to increasing liberalisation such as Transport, Energy and the Environment.

Irish business will continue to develop highly skilled jobs

A yes vote on the Lisbon Reform Treaty means Ireland’s employment measures can be further developed and our ability to develop highly skilled jobs will be enhanced.

Now when you're finished digesting that, come back to me and I'll give you some more reasons. If you have any questions I'll be happy to explain the pro's and con's to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

So, Reduced carbon emmissions, Kids not smoking or Drinking? Sounds good to me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

But it's a bit redundant to speculate on the name of an organisation that has no evidence to indicate it's existence.

I bet you haven't read Behold a Pale Horse by Cooper, or Rule by Secrecy by Marrs. Check them out - enlighten yourself.

Kernel wrote: »
    I bet you haven't read Behold a Pale Horse by Cooper, or Rule by Secrecy by Marrs. Check them out - enlighten yourself.

Nope, nor am I likely to.
    What evidence do they supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Kernel wrote: »

So far the evidence showing the actually existence of the NWO is well... well if I said sketchy I'd be very generous. It just seems the usual CT stuff of masses of different info all listed as connected with little context and no explanation of how it is connected, it just is. And to be quite frank often full of misquotes and downright untruths.

• Advertisement

them are some Very Wishy Washy statements there Studiorat, there dosent seem to be any real substance behind them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement