Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Half decent budget projector < 200 quid

Options
  • 04-09-2014 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Ok so im thinking of getting a projector, im not looking for a 1080P home cinema experience, just a half decent projector that can project a screen anywhere from a 50' - 60' screen at a respectable quality, I'm a student so would be mainly using this in my bedroom , Mainly for watching movies, so I would like it to be able to play from a usb stick / stream from laptop, with the possibility of using with an xbox in the future.

Again I know im not going to get stunning quality for this price but if you guys could suggest any hardware that was watchable for my needs that would be great.

I seen this on a deals site ...

http://www.iwantthisdeal.ie/deals/offers/displayProduct/985

I didn't see a model number on the site but a google image search leads me to believe it is a UC28 Projector. as found here

http://www.amazon.com/UC28-Home-Projector-Cinema-Theater/dp/B00EY24CCC

The reviews are so so basically its ok at the 50' - 60' range once your not expecting miracles.

So keeping in mind that this is for a student and I know for a less than a 200 euro price i wont be getting amazing quality or a massive size, do you think i can do better than the hardware i have in the links?? :)

Comments

Advertisement