Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dongle in USA

• 13-02-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

I'm off to Florida for a week shortly and wondered what is the best option for mobile broadband access while there.

I occasionally use a Meteor dongle (30 day pass is 20 euro) and its ok here in Ireland but I guess that it won't work over there. Have looked at their website but can't find any info on using it abroad - what's new there! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to Midband forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

N7777G wrote: »
    I'm off to Florida for a week shortly and wondered what is the best option for mobile broadband access while there.

I occasionally use a Meteor dongle (30 day pass is 20 euro) and its ok here in Ireland but I guess that it won't work over there. Have looked at their website but can't find any info on using it abroad - what's new there! ;)

It wont work abroad. And even if it did it would be cost prohibitive. If your mobile is unlocked get a local sim. It should be considerably cheaper then roaming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

You could try the abroadband.com or maxroam.com services

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Olly.kerry

N7777G wrote: »

Hi I work for meteor, it is possible to roam with your dongle but it is expensive, 99c per mb. If you do want to do this tho you need to call Cust care, or pop in to your local store so they can activate roaming. Also I think you have register a credit card and top up by €60 before you can activate it. Hope this helped :)

Advertisement