Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound Options for Projector

• 18-08-2014 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

First off, I apologise if this question has been asked a thousand times.

I'm new to home theatres / projecters etc and aren't very clued up when it comes to this sort of thing.

I recently bought an InFocus IN3902LB projector. The machine itself is great, but the sound is awful. So, i'm looking to improve. I have a room in my house all set up as the "cinema room", if you like. Have the walls and roof painted a nice matt black and red, and made a screen using blackout cloth etc.

I'm wondering, is a soundbar a good idea for a projector (or is it even possible to use one?) - or would i be better off with a 3.1 or 5.1 surround sound set up?

The room is quite small ( 9 X 8 Foot ), so surround sound might be overkill in that area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    First off, I apologise if this question has been asked a thousand times.

I'm new to home theatres / projecters etc and aren't very clued up when it comes to this sort of thing.

I recently bought an InFocus IN3902LB projector. The machine itself is great, but the sound is awful. So, i'm looking to improve. I have a room in my house all set up as the "cinema room", if you like. Have the walls and roof painted a nice matt black and red, and made a screen using blackout cloth etc.

I'm wondering, is a soundbar a good idea for a projector (or is it even possible to use one?) - or would i be better off with a 3.1 or 5.1 surround sound set up?

The room is quite small ( 9 X 8 Foot ), so surround sound might be overkill in that area.

If you are making a cinema room don't ruin it with a soundbar. I got a Yamaha RXV375 and NSP40 speakers from Richersounds in Belfast for a great price and it has worked brilliantly with my Benq W1070 (also from Richersounds).

My room is a bit bigger than yours (not by much) but I couldn't imagine the cinema experience without proper 5.1 surround.

Get it and then watch a blu ray of anything directed by Michael Bay and you will feel 100% justified with your purchase!

For a good soundbar the price difference between it and proper 5.1 won't be that much different.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Nelbert wrote: »
    If you are making a cinema room don't ruin it with a soundbar. I got a Yamaha RXV375 and NSP40 speakers from Richersounds in Belfast for a great price and it has worked brilliantly with my Benq W1070 (also from Richersounds).

My room is a bit bigger than yours (not by much) but I couldn't imagine the cinema experience without proper 5.1 surround.

Get it and then watch a blu ray of anything directed by Michael Bay and you will feel 100% justified with your purchase!

For a good soundbar the price difference between it and proper 5.1 won't be that much different.

Those look great, thanks. Is there much hassle connecting all up to an AV receiver?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Those look great, thanks. Is there much hassle connecting all up to an AV receiver?

The RXV375 is an amp and AV reciever, 4 HDMI in and 1 out and a lot of other connection options. HDMI is great in the plug and play respect, sky box and HTPC plugged into currently via HDMI and an Apple Airport Express for AirPlay via Optical SPDIF

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nelbert wrote: »

Agreed, sound is part of the experience, given your dimensions you will not have to splurge on mid or high end system with high output levels, try Richer Sounds for advice based on your room size, they're here

Advertisement