Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go, who to talk to?

• 11-10-2011 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm planning on going to Australia for 8 months at the end of this month but I have no idea as to what part to go to. My only reason for going out there is to work and make as much money as possible. I'm happy to work 12/16 hour days as I need to save money big time.

So my question is, where is the best place to go and also could anybody tell me if there is anybody that provides advice on what my best opionions are? I should also point out that i'm a qualified carpenter but would be willing to do anything and work in any part of Australia.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

Can i ask what age you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MightyDucks

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    Can i ask what age you are?

ya i'm 23

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

The month of January is very quiet in Australia and some places take long Christmas holidays. It could be hard find work from now till Feb. I have a son there. He left Ireland early February and got work immediately. The hours there are way longer than here and no messing or your out the gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

ya i'm 23

I presume you are going on a WHV, if not apply for it, Brisbane and Melbourne seem to be the best spots for construction.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

I presume you are going on a WHV, if not apply for it, Brisbane and Melbourne seem to be the best spots for construction.
    talking to both brothers to day on the phone, one in sydney and one in perth. they said there is lots of construction in both cities, the one in perth said that there was alot of big projects being built in perth.
    both brothers failed to give any examples though as both conversations were pretty brief and about other matters. so it might be best to take this with a pinch of salt:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

In Sydney so if You go here I have a little bit of advice, Book a construction card on first day, If you see a guy who looks irish ask him how he got work, I said I would try stay away from the irish and spread my wings abit but any ive met over here have been nothing but helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MightyDucks

does anybody know of any agency that could help me out with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

Hi all,

I'm planning on going to Australia for 8 months at the end of this month but I have no idea as to what part to go to. My only reason for going out there is to work and make as much money as possible. I'm happy to work 12/16 hour days as I need to save money big time.

So my question is, where is the best place to go and also could anybody tell me if there is anybody that provides advice on what my best opionions are? I should also point out that i'm a qualified carpenter but would be willing to do anything and work in any part of Australia.

Cheers

At 23 why the need to save bigtime???

Advertisement