Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why so worried??

Options
  • 25-06-2008 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, quick intro, I'm 28 and am newlywed. My wife is expecting our very first child(not quite honeymoon baby but not short after it).

My question is that I am so worried the whole time about whether the child is safe. You hear so many stories about negative things happening to women during pregnancy that it almost seems inevitable that something will happen( or at least thats how it feels sometimes). Is this Normal?? Should I be so worried?? or is this just a reflection of something in me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Every parent to be worries and every father to be will tend to worry about thier partner.
    I suggest you attend the antinatal classes and read up as much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Congrats Quazzie. Don't worry :confused::D you're completely normal. You know what.... it doesn't stop when the baby is born either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Totally normal! I worried so much on my first, kept reading pregnancy magazines, looking up websites, had myself in a state looking at what could go wrong.

This time round my father banned me from reading it. I still worried but not as much i must admit.

Once she eats healthy, rests up and follows the general advice for looking after herself there is not much more you can do. The little miracle is out of your hands. :o

Congrats btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 funkyniff

haya..
    i know what you mean about the worry. i dont know if it will help your piece of mind but for me i bought a dopple of ebay for around 50euro incl delivery..you can hear the heart beat quite early i think (i got mine at 12 weeks) and it helped me alot..
    i alsked my mum if she was as worried. and she said that she never once even thought something bad would happen..she also said there wernt as many miscarrages back then..but i pointed out that women didnt get confirmation that they were pregnant till they were 3months gone so ovb would feel like less mcs.

the worring wont stop..im at 21 weeks now and babys kicking me..but when it goes quite for more than a few hours i fell myself starting to worry..(i usualy get doppler out)

congrats by the way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Gotta get me one of those doppler things.Any chanc of a Linky please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Thanks Funkyniff.. I think I'm gonna do that. if nothing else it'll be worth it just to put my mind at ease..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Gotta love the doppler - I bought a hi bebe bt-200 on fleabay at 7.5 wks. First heard baby at 10 weeks. If it wasn't for that doppler I'd still be panicking over the fact that I haven't seen or heard the baby yet. I'd recommend it to anyone, BUT not if you will freak out if you can't find it - think needle in haystack, baby can be tough to pin down, and depending on how they are lying, there may be days you can't find it at all. If this would send you into a panic spiral, don't do that to yourself. It's perfectly normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I got one of those pre-natal monitor things in argos (extra) for about 40 euro, really brilliant. You can also record the sounds with a computer onto disc

Advertisement