Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Continuum [Showcase - CA] *Spoilers!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm reminded a lot of Pythia from BSG and the whole "All this has happened before. All this will happen again." narrative that followed most of the later seasons of BSG. There is almost an eternal return aspect to the show - that is, we do not know if Kiera's presence and actions in the past are what have already shaped "her" future. Somehow I doubt it, I think that she will eventually have to make the ultimate sacrifice and change the future world.

For example, Kagame knows about the things that happened at the farm, saying that they shaped his path; but could the "events" at the farm have actually happened had Kiera never been there? I doubt it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Conor108 wrote: »
    That's what I assumed too, but then we saw a random woman pregnant with Kagame a few episodes ago as Don Ramo said.

Plus that it would make Kagame quite a lot older. The bio on the official website said that he is 65, ie born in 2012 like the episode with his mother would suggest. If Julian who is about 18 is Kagame, that would make him 83 which he clearly isn't. Perhaps Julian becomes someone who heavily influences Kagame as he grows up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Has to be renewed surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Really thought they stepped up their game this week. Renew this show!

Agreed, last weeks episode I really cringed when Kiera had her mind controlled.
    The show has the potential to be very good if the writers step it up a bit more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Tristram wrote: »
    Has to be renewed surely?

Ohh...it will! ;)

Episode 1 900,000 viewers.
    Episode 2 670,000 viewers.
    Episode 3 531,000 viewers.
    Episode 4 389,000 viewers.
    Episode 5 473,000 viewers.
    Episode 6 404,000 viewers.
    Episode 7 427,000 viewers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the tech women at the cop shop most annoying character ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jspicoli44

iguana wrote: »
    Plus that it would make Kagame quite a lot older. The bio on the official website said that he is 65, ie born in 2012 like the episode with his mother would suggest. If Julian who is about 18 is Kagame, that would make him 83 which he clearly isn't. Perhaps Julian becomes someone who heavily influences Kagame as he grows up?

In episode 1 I don't think future Alec looks 83 either, but if they did try to make Julian Kagame it would screw with the mother episode. Maybe since that episode Kagame has been taking care of his mother at the Liber8 camp, she has baby Kagame with no father around and Julian enters the picture and becomes his new dad

This pretty much confirms it's renewed for season 2: http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/08/continuum-promoting-season-2-at-fanexpo.html

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I love Bank Holidays... lots of goodies tomorrow morning. :)

I hope this goes out with some massive revelations.

• Advertisement

Summary of finale: :eek:

That is all. Now just 9-10 months to wait for that 'reason'.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Very good, this show got very good recently. Hope we find out that reason early in season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Really great season finale, The show started great then some bum episodes in the middle and then a great couple of last episodes. Hopefully this season will be renewed for another couple of seasons and the writers will be able match the first season.

kagama gone was a shock and the big black dude looks to have been killed off too but probably not. I'm sure in the next season they will be introducing more characters from the future, maybe there was more people sent back in time to pave the way for Kiera.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Really great season finale, The show started great then some bum episodes in the middle and then a great couple of last episodes. Hopefully this season will be renewed for another couple of seasons and the writers will be able match the first season.

kagama gone was a shock and the big black dude looks to have been killed off too but probably not. I'm sure in the next season they will be introducing more characters from the future, maybe there was more people sent back in time to pave the way for Kiera.
    jason said there were more people sent back and they were doing something already, the privateers as they were called, some fella called mr esher or something, and their probably paving the way for alecs eventual rise,

i do wonder how its gonna be swung keeping kiera staying onside with alec, knowing future him arranged the bombing, and i honestly didnt think alec had anything to do with the time travel device, i just thought he was happy to let it happen,

id say the events that kicked off in this episode will lead to spate of terrorists attacks which will require the countries of the world to spend so much money that they will go broke, leading to the corporations bailing them out and future events playing out as they should,

looking forward to season 2:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mr E wrote: »
    Summary of finale: :eek:

That is all. Now just 9-10 months to wait for that 'reason'.

Yup. Once he said "And you're not gonna believe why". I was practically screaming "Don't end it there. Don't end it there." Then it cuts to black.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Yup. Once he said "And you're not gonna believe why". I was practically screaming "Don't end it there. Don't end it there." Then it cuts to black.

You must have seen the wrong one, because the one that I saw carried on for another 5 minutes, ah well, what a shame.:(

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

Very enjoyable finale. I liked the way Kiera was unscathed after the explosion. It opens up a new story line for next season, with new agent trying to find out what her story is and freelancers running interference.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Sarn wrote: »
    I liked the way Kiera was unscathed after the explosion.

Her suit threw a shield up over her and Alec as the building came down. I was disappointed to lose Kagame as I found him the most interesting character. I'm sure we'll see him in some 2077 flashbacks, but I was most interested in seeing if being in our time changed him and how he and Keira would interact as the show went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

iguana wrote: »
    Her suit threw a shield up over her and Alec as the building came down.

I know, that's what I liked. Inadvertently revealing some of her tech opens up interesting story opportunities for next season as they try and puzzle it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Some of the Liber8 characters didnt get enough build, only a couple of them are more than faces in the background. Thats pretty much the only complaint I have with it. Everything else was great. After the first episode I expected it to burn out from doing too much too soon, but it managed to keep itself going and get even better in the last few episodes.

Hopefully it will be back, ideally with more than 10 episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I was surprised Garza was still alive at the end. I only noticed her because of her creepy "Do you think I'm pretty?" when Alec was tied up.

Is Liber8 down to just Sonya, Garza and the computer guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Fantastic.... well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gah... another renewed show to play catch-up on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's good to hear that it's continuuming.:D

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

Glad it's renewed, it is a bit cheesy and goes off the rails in parts but I like they actually have a story line and plenty to work with for next season.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/08/continuum-picked-up-by-us-network.html

Probably SyFy US as the UK channel picked it up recently. http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2012/08/syfy-uk-acquires-rights-to-canadian-series-continuum/

Syfy UK has closed a deal with GK-TV to acquire the exclusive first run UK broadcast rights to Canadian science-fiction series Continuum. The show’s ten episode first season is set to premiere on Syfy UK in late September.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Best surprise of the summer - knew next to nothing about this and had zero expectations. What I got was a show that was quite intelligent at times and made the great decision to muddle the morals a bit by having terrorists who have a noble aim but ignoble means.

Good finale as well - left plenty of plot lines open. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nicholas Lea have a regular re-occurring role in season two, maybe also chasing down his former mentor Alec (William B. Davis in the future who tutored Lea's Krycek in the X-Files).

Also I could see Kellogg's role being pumped up next year as he grows closer to Kiera.

For season 2, I'd love to see the future stuff expanded upon (rather than just a 2 minute prologue at the start of every episode).

• Advertisement

Advertisement