Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭francois

Just watching drugs inc on national geographic-with ketamine "addicts"
    new one on me.
    any way this is a classic I used to hammer outin the kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Great job, would love to have the time,know how & few quid needed to pimp my decks,mine look as good as them in the first picture lol :o

the only thing missing on those ones are some Technics decals,would look proper bo i tell thee!!

Who's are they Es? one of the regular lads??

yeah but he doesn't be in radio chat, ryan his name is. and he had just as much know-how as yourself G. he simply follwed viperfrank (the yt channel you just posted) and that was the outcome. cost him roughly £280, so would be in the low 300's for us i would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

:eek: Just got tonights footie results!!! fookin typical,they dont half like making shyte hard for themselves! Gob****es :mad:

........and just saw Ronaldo's 2nd for Madrid tonight ....Sweet Jeez it's a cracker!

es-cee wrote: »
    yeah but he doesn't be in radio chat, ryan his name is. and he had just as much know-how as yourself G. he simply follwed viperfrank (the yt channel you just posted) and that was the outcome. cost him roughly £280, so would be in the low 300's for us i would imagine.

:D was wondering,the pics had the telltale signs of a viperfrank tutorial (bar the can of bavaria lol)

Is it easy to pick up new spare parts for 1210's? now that they're not making them anymore I'd have thought they wouldnt be making replacement parts,I could do with some nivce new pitches,mine are working and all but a bit 'gritty' not as smooth sliding as they should be,and I defo need new target lights,one is very low & the other is gone altogether.

Did ya see that set on ebay that someone in scotland was selling? Craig upped a link last night,looked too good to be true,looked brand new,were allegedly from BBC Manchester's 'Christian Radio' station,still had original rubber mats,things looked like they were fresh out of the box!

EarlERizer wrote: »
    :D was wondering,the pics had the telltale signs of a viperfrank tutorial (bar the can of bavaria lol)

Is it easy to pick up new spare parts for 1210's? now that they're not making them anymore I'd have thought they wouldnt be making replacement parts,I could do with some nivce new pitches,mine are working and all but a bit 'gritty' not as smooth sliding as they should be,and I defo need new target lights,one is very low & the other is gone altogether.

Did ya see that set on ebay that someone in scotland was selling? Craig upped a link last night,looked too good to be true,looked brand new,were allegedly from BBC Manchester's 'Christian Radio' station,still had original rubber mats,things looked like they were fresh out of the box!

ya can get parts & stickers for them handy on ebay. thomann.de also carry spare parts too. the tutorials on what to do are handy enough to follow, and ya don't need that many tools tbh, most elaborate tool being a soldering iron. the rest is just screwdrivers really. oh and a tool for removing old solder too, nearly forgot about that lol.

• Advertisement

ya can get parts & stickers for them handy on ebay. thomann.de also carry spare parts too. the tutorials on what to do are handy enough to follow, and ya don't need that many tools tbh, most elaborate tool being a soldering iron. the rest is just screwdrivers really. oh and a tool for removing old solder too, nearly forgot about that lol.

I have the tools for the job,just lacking the apptitude lol :o nah,just paro that I'd feck me decks up if I was to start tinkering with them. Going to do a bit of research and find out where to get bits n peices,pitches,decals,leads,LED's etc.

I'd want to have all the bits n bobs to hand,then prep meself to do the job lol (lazy attitude me) coz I'd want me decks back in working order a.s.a.p. lol fook knows why :confused: I can leave them alone from one end of the week to the other...but if I couldn't use them,thats whne I'd want to use them lol.

Ahhh something for the future eh!

:D Fookin brilliant advert this ......

props to the guy (or girl) that came up with that as a subject for an ad,bet they have or have had a spell behind the 1's n 2's :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭5wreck

just got this pm'd to me this morning by one of the lads on oos, some decent tunes on this mix, ya's may enjoy.

http://soundcloud.com/liquid-dnb-1/summer-slammers-from-the-slam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i know its been asked and answered before but cant find the all important posts.

where can one download oldskool tracks, preferrably of a decent quality ;)

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i know its been asked and answered before but cant find the all important posts.

depends on the oldskool you are looking for mate. i can get most of the stuff i'm into in lossless wav's (breakbeat hardcore/jungle/dnb), haven't really come across any decent quality trance/house etc, unless some1 you may know has them on vinyl and will rip them for you.

copeyhagen wrote: »

depends on the oldskool you are looking for mate. i can get most of the stuff i'm into in lossless wav's (breakbeat hardcore/jungle/dnb), haven't really come across any decent quality trance/house etc, unless some1 you may know has them on vinyl and will rip them for you.

Or you could throw up a list of tunes your chasing and I'm sure those who frequent these pages could furnish you with good quality tunes ;)

"We've never tried the hippodrome,we'd rather shake our tune can"
    :D

Lads, been checking this one out over the last hour,tunes are banging!! DJ Rocket is throwing it down,seleeeeecta for real! :cool: oldskool hardcore bizznizz in full effect!!
    Roberto91 wrote: »
    For those interested in a good drum n bass radio station on the web check out www.rudefm.com you wont be dissapointed

doin me nut looking for this set on mp3 lol, can't seem to find it.
    if any of ya's come across it let me know yeah, Andy C is the man!!

:eek: Check dis .... http://retrotraxfestival.co.uk/line-up/ is this the gig Jonnny68 is heading too? That's one whopper line up!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

The track that breaks @ 53.12 anybody.Used to have it on Dag mix.sure it was played in the asylum aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

always amazes me how a producer of a cool tune like above ^^^
    can make absolute ballox like this too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭francois

I feel your pain

francois wrote: »
    I feel your pain

:D I had one of those moments only last week lol got hold of a copy of this.....

only to learn 3V were formerly known as .....

:o I had a soft spot for this tune when i was younger lol

This one was released under both guises :confused:

But,yeah messers Chris King,Winston Williams,and Delroy St Joseph (KWS) were 3V (or atleast Chris King & Winston Williams were) St Joseph obviously decided .....He was infact going! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Another addition to Retro Trax line up performing live vintage house :)

• Advertisement

did anyone do a tracklist for house pressure 1? anyone got a link for it too?

Advertisement