Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

• 20-08-2010 1:07am
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

This thread is for PS3 players who play COD whatever COD it maybe, but anyone can post here obviously. Just no flaming please. Also can be considered a semi-OTT thread too. Banter innit.
    PSN regulars in this thread -

PSN - Boards username

Ade_LFC_Alves = El LoCo Ade
    Ith_mo_Spas = Leeg17
    Remi223 = Tommy_NDX
    Krudler89 = krudler
    Balfie21 = Balfie
    TroutFisher = Kells97
    xkersmashx = Kersmash
    CodyCFC = Scody94
    Beertons = Beertons
    LakesKeane = LakesKeane
    hypermuse = hypermuse
    Splinterific = Splinter
    Kenno90 = Kenno90
    Carefree_Ste = Soby
    saulgoode9 = Saul-Goode9

Since the crossing dressing hobo's known as 360 players(:p) have their own thread, thought us sane folk(PS3 players obviously duuuuuh :cool:) deserved a thread of our own :D

Anywhoo...

Had an immense sesh tonight with LakesKeane, Leeg, Kersmash, Hoki and a couple of others lads from here.

I hopefully converted them to my sanctuary that is Sabotage. Where I roam the fields searching for my precious bomb to plant within a couple of minutes . Good times :pac: Bar one match with that silly Welsh weirdo camping on the roof on Highrise. We won pretty much every match we played. Likewise when we played Demolition before that. Raking in win after win in 2 minutes most of the time.

Most fun I've had playing COD in a long time fellas. Like I said in txt chat, great having more than competent players to play Sabotage and Demolition with. TDM was starting to bore the living **** out of me tbh. So yeah, look forward to similar sessions in future ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I wanna play with the cool people :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Tallon wrote: »
    I wanna play with the cool people :(

Then get a 360 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

ZING!

But yeah, I had great fun tonight. Never played Sabo before, cos my experiences had been full of people wanting a 20min tdm, but when you've got a full party and you're just rushing the objective it's amazing. I had so much fun :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Kersmash wrote: »
    ZING!

But yeah, I had great fun tonight. Never played Sabo before, cos my experiences had been full of people wanting a 20min tdm, but when you've got a full party and you're just rushing the objective it's amazing. I had so much fun :D

Yeah that's usually the case.

As the Welsh guy said -
    Will you guys stop planting the bomb early!
    Piss right off wanting to play Sabotage like an extended TDM.

I kinda lost the head with him in the end after the Highrise game. But he deseerved it for all trash talking us down for playing the game how it was meant to be played.

But being pinned back for so damn long in the spawn on Highrise. With them all camped outside and the Welsh guy up on the roof above picking us off and then eventually turning the match after 10-15 minutes was great craic. Very satisfying indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sorry I missed this now, was invited into a game then my router clapped out so got disconnected, its working again but I was knackered so stayed offline, might be on again tonight if more boardsies want a few tactical games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

I hopefully converted them to my sanctuary that is Sabotage. Where I roam the fields searching for my precious bomb to plant within a couple of minutes . Good times :pac: Bar one match with that silly Welsh weirdo camping on the roof on Highrise.
    Most fun I've had playing COD in a long time fellas. Like I said in txt chat, great having more than competent players to play Sabotage and Demolition with. TDM was starting to bore the living **** out of me tbh. So yeah, look forward to similar sessions in future ;)

Chuck me down for sabotage or S&D anytime (PSN col1977). I had a similarly enthused twat in highrise last night, no matter what he kept going for the roof, i ended up letting him get to the final jump then popping his ass, cruel but funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yeah that's usually the case.

As the Welsh guy said -

Piss right off wanting to play Sabotage like an extended TDM.

I kinda lost the head with him in the end after the Highrise game. But he deseerved it for all trash talking us down for playing the game how it was meant to be played.

But being pinned back for so damn long in the spawn on Highrise. With them all camped outside and the Welsh guy up on the roof above picking us off and then eventually turning the match after 10-15 minutes was great craic. Very satisfying indeed :)

I hate ****ers that insist on doing that ****. "ERRR LET THEM BLOW UP THE BOMB SITES SO WE CAN GET ANOTHER ROUND OF DEM !!". Play to win !

If they want TDM, go and ****ing play it !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

HEHE. I'd a feeling a I'd find a thread like this after last night. If not I was going to start one myself!

Last night was great craic. Makes such a difference playing with people who play for the objectives and not just kills. :D

Was great fun. I think there were two of us using mics last night, but if any of ye have mics use them tonight! For the banter if nothing else ;)

I reckon I'll be on again tonight round 9 or 10

Looking forward seeing ye

I would have joined in a bit earlier but me and kersmash were having fun wrecking a booster game on FFA, I'd like to thank the 2 spanners who kept boosting in the same area, since both of ye used ti's I got 4 kills every time you came back, cheers for the ac-130 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Sabo and Demo, I am a believer! :D

Fun games all night lads, I really enjoyed the comeback in Domination in Wasteland, the 8/9 man clan SeeD or something. Won something like 200-198.

That welsh lad was annoying in highrise, got like 3 EA in 1 game :mad:.

Something very weird happened in Highrise in that game of Sabotage. I was rushing their spawn, in a brief reprise, and was about to go onto the ladders into their buildings. There was a guy on the small stairs going from where you spawn at A in demo downstairs into where there is fans and stuff. I threw a throwing knife, but it got stuck in the thin wires. Took out the Akimbo 1887's, at this stage I was on a 1 streak. Shot both at the same time, Double Kill. UAV. WTF? I checked the killfeed immediately :

Ith_mo_Spas - (1887 Icon) - Enemy Player
    Ith_mo_Spas - (1887 Icon) - Enemy Player.

It wasn't lagg cos although my connection was bad, I definitely saw what I saw.

Oh, and being accused of having a "lag switcher" when I was unfortunately was host in a game of Team Tac with Kersmash. I asked him what it was, and he said "something you can switch when you're host that makes them lagg", to which I replied "Oh shít, I do have one, it's called 3 mobile broadband". Zing! :D

Edit : I have a mic, but late at night my dad goes to bed and the walls are thin he can hear me talking. I'll bring the Ps down to the kitchen and then I can talk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

When is the next one? I was invited to a party by bordsies a few times, but it was only 2 of us in there! I jumped into a game the odd time too, but that was just 2 boards players too.

Whenever there's a good group (4+) people on usually, sometimes we have 3 or 2 in a party for SnD.

Anyone interested for a party tonight? On pretty much now until 2/3 Am :D

I'll be on later. Not sure if I'll be on MW2 though but I'll see.

Scratch that, got caught to babysit :(

Awh shame :( Oh well, I'm drunk and picked up Ratchet and Clank for a tenner. Sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Kersmash wrote: »
    Awh shame :( Oh well, I'm drunk and picked up Ratchet and Clank for a tenner. Sorted :)

I see that.... ENJOY!

Pity you PS3 lads can't come up with your own thread title:pac::pac:
    How are your styles of play meshing? We found the transition went well on the Xbox. Especially with Domination games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Ive added a few from this thread(hope you dont mind :) ) Sick playing mw2 on my own with headless chickens so hopefully get a few games going

• Registered Users Posts: 15,134 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I haven't had a good MW2 session in weeks. I'll be on tomorrow from around 10pm. Will anyone be around then?
    (My PSN is: Oatesy--)

I'll play anything. I just want to rape some noobs :P.

Pity you PS3 lads can't come up with your own thread title:pac::pac:
    How are your styles of play meshing? We found the transition went well on the Xbox. Especially with Domination games.

Its nice knowing someone will at least bother their arse shooting down air support, (even uavs for extra giggles) and that you might get a callout if someones camping, instead of politely filing into the same room one by one and giving away easy kills.

• Advertisement

Anyone on tonight? wouldnt mind a few games of something that isnt TDM or Domination

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I'll be on tonight. I'm playing crap at the moment though, just prestiged and I'm lost without my usual classes

I'll be on later.

As with last night though depending if my mates are on FIFA, not entirely sure if I'll be on MW2. I should be at some point for an hour or two probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

If only my BB wasn't kak!

I'll be on if I can, won't even let me sign into PSN at the moment. Good party going tonight hopefully. :)

Adnan, gerrof with that Fifa shíte, Mw2 all the way, jjjoooiinnn usss :D

Wont be on after all, at least not late, am going to see Pirahna 3D instead, blood and bewbs! :D

Good man combo, Rawr :) Do let us know if it's any good

So you'll be on early, off early? Rented Daybreakers last night, didn't bother watching because I smashed lost my headphones and couldn't put it on loud enough to hear at 3am.

Daybreakers is alright, nothing spectacular but worth a watch, I like Ethan Hawke hes not in enough movies

krudler wrote: »
    Wont be on after all, at least not late, am going to see Pirahna 3D instead, blood and bewbs! :D

*3 words*

Kelly Brook.

Enjoy.

:P

• Advertisement

PSN is undergoing maintenance atm :( I should be on later though for a good while! If ye get a party going and see I'm still playing Ratchet and Clank drop us an aul message plz :D

Edit: Oh, it's working again now :)

Advertisement