Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Offers please.. spec and build games rig?

Options
  • 10-02-2004 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

OK folks,

I'm interested in upgrading my current games rig to a new one, or more than likely just replacing it. What I'd like to do is get a feel from you tech heads out there as to how much it would cost me to engage someone to help specify and build a new rig for me.

The actual specs can be worked out later, but broadly speaking what would it cost me to get someone to specify and build the rig (excluding the cost of the rig itself)?

Gentlemen, start your offers please:D

c0y0te

ps. I'm based in Dublin, on the northside if that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

And this has got exactly what to do with irelandoffline, needs to be moved to tweaking and modding board

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

erm.... I posted this on the technology forum.. I've no idea how it got into the IOFFL board?????

c0y0te
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

1 x 19'' Samtron 96P, 96 kHz € 169,00
    1 x DDR PC400 512MB TwinMOS CL2 Twister € 109,90
    1 x GEH Midi Chieftec DX-01BL-D-U Blau € 67,00
    1 x HDD SATA 160GB Samsung SP1614C 8MB € 105,98
    1 x 128MB Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro Lite-RTL € 221,00
    1 x DVDR IDE NEC ND-1300A +-R/RW bulk € 93,53
    1 x MB ATX S754 Abit KV8-MAX3 € 158,99
    1 x CPU AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Tray € 259,00
    1 x Tastatur MS-Tech LT-9800 X-Level Design € 8,50
    1 x Maus Logitech MX500 € 39,00
    5 x Lüfter Arctic Cooling arctic fan Pro 2L € 34,45
    1 x Kühler S478/S754 ZALMAN CNPS 7000-CU € 37,90
    1 x Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS Retail € 77,99
    1 x Floppy Markenfabrikat 3,5" schwarz € 8,99

+ Tax: € 1.371,23 from Jes-computers.de (I'll et you know if their any good cause I'm building one for my cousin, the parts for which I ordered yesterday).

Shiping in the region of €90 but it drops alot if your not getting a Monitor.

If you pay in advance from your bank you do an internation back transfer that'll cost you nothing cause its Euro to Euro.

It'd take me a day to build so say €50 for meh which I'd spend or a extra thingy for my rig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

I'd recommend a 17" TFT for any gaming rig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Originally posted by shinzon
    And this has got exactly what to do with irelandoffline, needs to be moved to tweaking and modding board

Shin

I think Shin forgot what board he was in, lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

So.. is that it?

Only one offer?

c0y0te
    ww)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by El_MUERkO

If you pay in advance from your bank you do an internation back transfer that'll cost you nothing cause its Euro to Euro.

Since when... Ive transferred money several times since the Euro to Holland and Germany, and it always cost a minimum charge + % of amount depending on the speed of transfer. Currency exchange was only a small part of the process.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by daveyjoe
    I think Shin forgot what board he was in, lol :D

Probably someone hacking his PC again thru Kazaa...

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

c0y0te, think you got a bad start there m8. Try and put a new thread in the tech forum like:

"Challenge - who wants to build my new games pc?"

or

"I'll pay you to recommend and build my new games pc"

Plenty of reactions I would expect :cool:

Or PM JoePC - he seems to be at this to subsidise his meagre student allowance - I've no doubt he'd be eager to help you out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

And if you wish to stay on this thread, throw in a budget (including or excluding monitor and possible fee for someone building it and shipping costs of the parts) and what you intend to use your pc for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Has anyone answered his question yet?

A PC will take the best part of a morning or afternoon to build, test and install the OS etc. So if you figure someones time is worth about 20-30 per hour then on the basis that it takes 3-4 hours you are looking at 60-120. I'm just throwing that out there as a ball park figure. I'm sure theres people who'll do it for less or even for free.

All I'll say about that is that a person who works for free will never be short of work.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Coyote..I've no problem building it for you...I live in Santry so I'm fairly close to you (maybe) I'll happily spec and build for you for a couple of pints...

(Good deed for the day done...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by James Melody
    Coyote..I've no problem building it for you...I live in Santry so I'm fairly close to you (maybe) I'll happily spec and build for you for a couple of pints...

(Good deed for the day done...)

See theres always one...:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'd do it for the taxi fare there and back.....

Advertisement