Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shiny Pokémon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Never caught a shiny in my life! No matter how many I encounter.
    Got a shiny groundon in a wonder trade on X though, was a nice surprise!

Sad times :(

get the shiney charm and breed. also chain fish/poke radar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

get the shiney charm and breed. also chain fish/poke radar

Shiny charm?
    I get so bored of chain fishing! I did spend three (real life) day on mirage islands catching Audinos for wonder trade, filled up five boxes of them and not including the ones I battled for xp not a single shiny!

I have shiny bad luck :D

Shiny charm?
    I get so bored of chain fishing! I did spend three (real life) day on mirage islands catching Audinos for wonder trade, filled up five boxes of them and not including the ones I battled for xp not a single shiny!

I have shiny bad luck :D

complete the dex and you get one makes shiney everything easier

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Another one, just hatched a shiny Chimchar :D

complete the dex and you get one makes shiney everything easier

Don't think I've ever completed a dex since crystal :rolleyes:
    I'll try to avoid restarting in a. Sapphire and see how well I do, I don't know anyone in "real life" let's say who plays pokemon so I depend on wonder trade and the global trade

• Advertisement

Don't think I've ever completed a dex since crystal :rolleyes:
    I'll try to avoid restarting in a. Sapphire and see how well I do, I don't know anyone in "real life" let's say who plays pokemon so I depend on wonder trade and the global trade

there is a trade thread on this board

there is a trade thread on this board

Oh cool! To be honest,I've never been on this forum before, never though to look really, I'll definitely take advantage of the trade forum, got stuck doing X when I hit a wall through online trading and couldn't get any of the rarer pokemon such as the Regis etc

regis are all in this game!

regis are all in this game!

Really? Gosh I feel like such a novice at pokemon :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I haven't checked but it feels like every non event Pokémon is available between X, Y, AS and OR. If you have all four, you should be able to get everything bar the likes of Mew and Darkrai. Due to that, the Pokédex is probably the easiest it has been since Gen 2. Living Pokédex is the challenge now and even that is very doable.

A living shiny Pokédex would be some achievement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I haven't checked but it feels like every non event Pokémon is available between X, Y, AS and OR. If you have all four, you should be able to get everything bar the likes of Mew and Darkrai. Due to that, the Pokédex is probably the easiest it has been since Gen 2. Living Pokédex is the challenge now and even that is very doable.

A living shiny Pokédex would be some achievement.

Living pokédex is very doable these days despite the amount of them. A shiny living dex would be cool but legitimately impossible due to some pokémon like victini being programmed to never be shiny.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Full list of my shinies (most of them I got on WT, got a few through giveaways on forums, and bred a couple)

Bulbasaur
    Marowak (actually one I transferred forwards from Gen 5)
    Swinub
    Octillery
    Umbreon
    Sylveon
    Suicune
    Kyogre
    Jirachi
    Metagross
    Farfetch'd
    Wartortle
    Shuppet
    Exploud
    Charizard
    Salamence
    Meganium
    Feraligatr
    Froakie
    Zorua
    Breloom
    Magikarp
    Ditto (x3)
    Emboar
    Goomy
    Chimchar
    Deoxys
    Nidoking
    Blaziken
    Heracross
    Ho-oh
    Giratina
    Entei
    Gothitelle
    Togepi
    Kangaskhan
    Nidoqueen
    Scizor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The only ones I can remember are
    Pelliper - wild catch SS
    an Unown - wild catch Black 2 I think.
    Oddish - Safari catch, somewhere in Gen 4 or 5
    Chikorita - bred, SS or Black

I'm not counting events (like the recent Beldum and Gengar) or ones that the game hands to you (like Red Gyrados and a few NPC trades), or the clearly dodgy ones I've gotten off GTS by giving their original owners some fairly dodgymon of my own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Caught my first ever shiny in AS - a shiny Aron, he's now an Aggron. Got a few through wonder trade before but never caught my own.

So I have a large enough amount of shinies now, but these are some of the picks:

Spr_6x_697_s.pngSpr_6x_681_s.pngSpr_6x_637_s.pngSpr_6x_635_s.png

Currently attempting to breed a shiny Pawniard, I'm some 8 boxes in and nothing as of yet. Still, both parents are 6IV so it should be a good one when it comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Hi way out of date when it comes to pokemon, but just found my full original card collection with a few shiney card. Probably not what you guys are discussing but wanted to share;

So i have
    Charizard
    Venusaur
    Blastoise
    Pidgeot
    Raichu
    Nidoqueen
    Nidoking
    Clefairy
    Ninetails
    Vileplume
    Polywrath
    Alakazam
    Machamp
    Magneton
    Gengar
    Chansey
    Kangaskan
    Pinsir
    Gyarados
    Lapras
    Vaporeon
    Jolteon
    Flareon
    Aerodactyl
    Zapdos
    Mewtwo
    Dark alakazam
    Dark vilplume
    Dark golbat
    some kind of shiney mew that seems to have came out when the original movie came out.

These have been sitting in a draw for for at least 15 years

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nearly had a heart attack when this guy popped up this evening while flying round Mirage Spots....

http://i.imgur.com/tMnA98J.jpg

Breed hundreds of eggs to get shinies (Did it for Hydreigon and Bisharp). Breeding a Vulpix with its HA for a friend, and I get a damned shiny 10 eggs in. Why can't I do it that easily when I'm actually hunting for a shiny? D:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Angron wrote: »
    Breed hundreds of eggs to get shinies (Did it for Hydreigon and Bisharp). Breeding a Vulpix with its HA for a friend, and I get a damned shiny 10 eggs in. Why can't I do it that easily when I'm actually hunting for a shiny? D:

You're lucky! Shiny Nintales is a beauty! Mine is my prized shiny!

Yeah, it's a cool looking shiny, I just wish I could get something that easy when I actually try for a shiny.

• Advertisement

So, doing some EV training, and I got a wild shiny encounter. Clearly this is one of the most wanted pokemon ever, for I got... A shiny. Fecking. Wurmple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Got a shiny spirtomb whilst wonder trading, delighted with that my first shiny :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Jason2379

Recently (since X & Y came out actually) I've been fairly obsessed with shiny Pokemon. Like, I've always known they were rare and when I first encountered my shiny Swinub I was really excited.

But for some reason I almost forgot about randomly catching a shiny bloody Dratini in HeartGold. Why I didn't freak out more at the time I'll never know.

Since then the only shiny I've come across (minus chain fishing and the Masuda method) was a Mienshao on a Black rom. Kinda raging I couldn't keep that one :(

Meant to post here, but I forgot about them since my 3DS broke and is off being repaired at the mo.

Hatched two shinies recently, a second shiny Bagon (making it my third shiny Bagon/Salamence overall), and a shiny Larvesta. Still no luck hatching myself a shiny Crawdaunt, something I'd been attempting on and off for the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Anyone get the shiny Rayquaza from Smyth's?

They're meant to be giving out free codes for the next couple of weeks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

bkrangle wrote: »
    Anyone get the shiny Rayquaza from Smyth's?

They're meant to be giving out free codes for the next couple of weeks

Is that not Germany only or are they doing it here too?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

It's in the UK Smyths (24th), not sure if the Irish one will bother though!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 HelenBaby

Never once encountered a Shiney in the wild in all my years and years of playing Pokémon. I have amassed quite a collection through, er, other means however (which totally didn't involve inserting event Pokémon into savefiles using Pokésav, honest! Hehe)

beaner09 wrote: »
    It's in the UK Smyths (24th), not sure if the Irish one will bother though!

It'd be pretty disappointing if we didn't tbh. I can understand game events because we don't have the stores here but there's really no excuse for smyths not to offer the event here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

I'll call into the Jervis St. branch next week I guess.

Hopefully they'll have it

Advertisement