Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokémon face off

• 30-11-2014 8:19pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, I've been considering doing something like this for a while. Basically, I'm gonna run a little bit of a game between a few pokémon with similarities (like they are different evolutions of the same base pokémon, or you have to choose between one or the other in a game).

So without further ado, the first competition is a big one between a big poké-family: The Eeveelutions.

Who is your favourite Eeveelution? 10 votes

Vaporeon
    0% 0 votes
    Jolteon
    10% 1 vote
    Flareon
    0% 0 votes
    Espeon
    20% 2 votes
    Umbreon
    20% 2 votes
    Leafeon
    40% 4 votes
    Glaceon
    0% 0 votes
    Sylveon
    10% 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

250px-134Vaporeon.png
    Vaporeon
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Hidden Ability: Hydration

Stats:
    HP: 130
    Atk: 65
    Def: 60
    Sp. Atk: 110
    Sp. Def: 95
    Speed: 65

250px-135Jolteon.png
    Jolteon
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Hidden Ability: Quick Feet

Stats:
    HP: 65
    Speed: 130

250px-136Flareon.png
    Flareon
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Hidden Ability: Guts

Stats:
    Atk: 130
    Sp. Atk: 95
    Sp. Def: 110

250px-196Espeon.png
    Espeon
    Ability: Synchronise
    Hidden Ability: Magic Bounce

Stats:
    Sp. Atk: 130
    Speed: 110

250px-197Umbreon.png
    Umbreon
    Ability: Synchronise
    Hidden Ability: Inner Focus

Stats:
    HP: 95
    Def: 110
    Sp. Atk: 60
    Sp. Def: 130

250px-470Leafeon.png
    Leafeon
    Ability: Leaf Guard
    Hidden Ability: Chlorophyll

Stats:
    Atk: 110
    Def: 130
    Sp. Atk: 60
    Sp. Def: 65
    Speed: 95

250px-471Glaceon.png
    Glaceon
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    Hidden Ability: Ice Body

Stats:
    Atk: 60
    Def: 110
    Sp. Atk: 130

250px-700Sylveon.png
    Sylveon
    Ability: Cute Charm
    Hidden Ability: Pixilate

Stats:
    HP: 95
    Def: 65
    Sp. Def: 130
    Speed: 60

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm not saying I would sleep with a cartoon dog, but Umbreon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

For me it's always been about the Flareon. I mean sure, it'll basically never be competitive with that high attack and then nothing to take advantage of it, but damn it it's been the one for me since my game of Red. My least liked of them all is between Sylveon, Leafeon, and Glaceon. Umbreon can be a pain in the arse to take down at times, but I still kinda like it. Those three though, screw them man!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jolteon was my favorite but since X and Y Sylveon has overtaken it, I do love the new Flareon too though, looks awesome with that crazy tail.

Ever seen shiny Flareon? It looks kinda like a bigger, fluffier Eevee :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

In terms of using them, Magic Bounce Espeon would be my favourite, Jolteon (with HP Ice) would be my second. Third place would be a toss up between Umbreon and Leafeon. Umbreon is awesome at it's job but I don't enjoy battling defensively - so Leafeon in the sun might take preference!

Looks wise would probably be Jolteon or if shiny - Umbreon!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Toom3y7

has to be Jolteon. but Espeon is a close second. Truely i wish i could keep the eevee, way too cute lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Umbreon, Leafeon and Sylveon for me. They tend to be the Eeveelutions I use the most

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sharmander

Since Gen 6 I've been swayed into using Sylveon and I think it's overtaken Vaporeon as my favourite now!

I used to swear by Vaporeon and evolve my Eevee into one every time in the earlier games. Flareon was built terribly, I would already have an electric type on my team usually so Jolteon was no use to me, and seemingly whenever I'd try and evolve an Umbreon or Espeon as a kid I'd always screw up the time of day it'd evolve and I'd get the opposite of the one I wanted I gave up trying.

Playing through Alpha Sapphire with a Leafeon in my party currently so maybe it'll change again.

Poll added! Considering what I'll do for my next one, I'm thinking maybe fossils, but splitting it up on a gen by gen basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Umbreon, has nothing to do with my lvl 100 shiny thoyugh ;)

Anybody who chose any option other than Umbreon is wrong and should feel very bad about themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Jolteon because of Pin Missile

Forever grateful <333

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lexicious

I was torn between Vaporeon and Glaceon...

In the end had to go with Glaceon, for some reason I just love it's design and for me design means a lot in the pokemon I like.

Advertisement