Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 2 - Band 2 (601-3100)

• 10-03-2014 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hey all,
    What are ye feeling? Where do you think this leaves us realistically? Any opinions/views? Im still trying to get my head around the fact I passed but not exactly progressing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I just about scraped in but does this not render Band 2 & 3 from the first stage redundant?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

I know, it's hard being left in limbo with no idea of if or when you'll progress. It must be even harder for those in Band 2/3 from Stage 1...

I read somewhere that they roughly interview 4 candidates for every 1 space in Templemore, so I think the chances of us being called are quite high.

Look at it as additional time to improve the fitness levels (my own is shocking!) and practice the ole' report writing I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Band 1 would be the first 600, so 601+ would be band 2 yes? If we're agreed I'll change the title just to try keep things in order

-KERSPLAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Over the next three years it is possible that the 3100 who have passed stage 2 might not render 900+ candidates so that is where stage 1 band 2 come in

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

I just about scraped in but does this not render Band 2 & 3 from the first stage redundant?

Yeah I kinda agree. I was also thinking the way stage 1 were split into band 1, 2 & 3, stage 2 have a band 1, what about stage 3? Will they have a band aswell. I have a feeling that they may not amd theyre going to just habe a pass or fail and then start calling out of our band.

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Band 1 would be the first 600, so 601+ would be band 2 yes? If we're agreed I'll change the title just to try keep things in order

-KERSPLAT!

Kersplat sorry the email I got said stage 2 band 1, correct if im wrong tho thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Kimiko2012 wrote: »
    Kersplat sorry the email I got said stage 2 band 1, correct if im wrong tho thanks :)

I failed and got that as the heading of the e-mail, seems like it was just generic or a mistake but logic would call band 1 1-600 and band 2 601-3,200,

Anyway, it's me being pedantic. There are alot of threads flying around so just trying to keep order :)

I failed and got that as the heading of the e-mail, seems like it was just generic or a mistake but logic would call band 1 1-600 and band 2 601-3,200,

Anyway, it's me being pedantic. There are alot of threads flying around so just trying to keep order :)

No worries work away, thanks. Sorry bout that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

People who have passed will be getting a call in the next 3 years

the top 600 will have dropouts, exposed cheats, physically and medically unfit people etc etc

so theres plenty to be looking forward to

your time will come

commiserations to all under 3k

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

How would it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 standtwo

Just spoke with PJS their. We're now the 'reserve' band so as we expected if applicants from the first 600 don't progress the next group will get a shout and so on and so on.

I wouldn't say to call them that's all we've got so far.

I'm 1597th a limitless disappointed but 2000 places better than band one. So keep working on the fitness and keep your heads high we've done really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

I know we all did well to pass, but still so disappointed! The next stage really sounds like progress towards the end goal of joining the AGS and I'm raging I'm not part of that! Huge congrats to those that are though

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Max_ Power

can anyone tell me then where does stage 2 band 1 rank then? But not in the top 600

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Kaffy

To say disappointed would be an understatement!
    I'm trying to keep positive in that gives me more time to get fit, practice more inductive reasoning as I totally bombed on that one, save some money to help with being a poor student again etc etc....
    BUT man this sucks!! I hope they keep us in the loop as to what is happening - the thoughts of another 5 years in panel limbo is making me pull my hair out :D
    I'm going to have a beer and maltesers to drown my sorrows :)
    Well done to everyone who has made it to 1-600 and chin up to all of us from 601-3100!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Malarkey101

Kimiko2012 wrote: »

You realise the the title of the email refers to the fact that we were all in band one (after stage 1) and that what we all did whether you passed or failed was stage 2. As in it was an email to all those from band 1 who just completed stage 2 so was just the title of the email.

There doesn't appear to be bands after this just the 600 going through at this point and whoever else is in reserve having reached the passing mark

Is that where there's a bit of confusion or have I the wrong end of the stick.

You realise the the title of the email refers to the fact that we were all in band one (after stage 1) and that what we all did whether you passed or failed was stage 2. As in it was an email to all those from band 1 who just completed stage 2 so was just the title of the email.

There doesn't appear to be bands after this just the 600 going through at this point and whoever else is in reserve having reached the passing mark

Is that where there's a bit of confusion or have I the wrong end of the stick.

Malarkey - im pretty sure you have it right there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Malarkey101

Kaffy wrote: »
    Malarkey - im pretty sure you have it right there :)

Their emails are good practice for the verbal tests!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 stargazer9

-KERSPLAT!

Perhaps, for clarity, we should refer to the people in the top 600 as group 1 and the people in 601-3100 as group 2. I think using the word band again is just going to get messy.
    Or maybe even group A and group B?

I'm in neither unfortunately. For what it's worth, I strongly believe they will call on group B (601-3100) to take stage 3. It would be madness to hire 250-300 people out of a pool of 600 when you have so many applicants.

Their emails are good practice for the verbal tests!

Some of the posts here too :) im just finished work so my head is melting reading some of them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Kaffy wrote: »
    Some of the posts here too :) im just finished work so my head is melting reading some of them :)

Yup, the nonsense and speculation is rearing it's ugly head again. I was only gone for three hours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

I'm in band 2 in stage 1 must be hard for those who failed to be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

I'm in band 2 in stage 1 must be hard for those who failed to be out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

stargazer9 wrote: »
    Perhaps, for clarity, we should refer to the people in the top 600 as group 1 and the people in 601-3100 as group 2. I think using the word band again is just going to get messy.
    Or maybe even group A and group B?

I'm in neither unfortunately. For what it's worth, I strongly believe they will call on group B (601-3100) to take stage 3. It would be madness to hire 250-300 people out of a pool of 600 when you have so many applicants.

Premier division and conference perhaps?

Too early for jokes?

Ill get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

just missed out on qualifying this time. hard to take after being in the top 300 after round 1

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭OscarWhiskey

I believe us in 'group 2' 601 to 3200 or whatever it is, will get called down the line. It makes the most sense. We'll have to look at it as though we are now in batches. First 600 are up now, next number of people then and so on. The way the email to me was phrased portrayed that PAS are being very politically correct, in the sense that they're not promising anything, but are strongly hinting that we'll get called.

I feel bad for those who got into stage two but failed, doesnt make sense to eliminate them and keep the lads in stage 1 bands alive. Absolutly farcical really. They are, going by the exams, more 'successful' candidates. Even though I personally think its unlikely the stage 1 lads will get a look in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

I feel bad for those who got into stage two but failed, doesnt make sense to eliminate them and keep the lads in stage 1 bands alive. Absolutly farcical really.

Why? They were tested on different things than they were in the first round. They weren't up to a required standard in skills a Garda requires. Those people in stage one bands will still have to pass stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

I believe us in 'group 2' 601 to 3200 or whatever it is, will get called down the line. It makes the most sense. We'll have to look at it as though we are now in batches. First 600 are up now, next number of people then and so on. The way the email to me was phrased portrayed that PAS are being very politically correct, in the sense that they're not promising anything, but are strongly hinting that we'll get called.

I feel bad for those who got into stage two but failed, doesnt make sense to eliminate them and keep the lads in stage 1 bands alive. Absolutly farcical really. They are, going by the exams, more 'successful' candidates. Even though I personally think its unlikely the stage 1 lads will get a look in...

We passed stage one and if we get to stage 2 and pass that means we will be more succesfull, there is an expected level in every stage, just because ye did better in one off these stages doesn't mean ye a better! And for your information the email we got was worded exactly the same as the ones who passed stage 2!.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭OscarWhiskey

Be realistic; if you passed stage 2 (601 to 3200) you've a chance of getting called, in my opinion. Why in God's name would they call people who've placed worst off than those who've just failed stage 2....makes no sense....and I know alot of people wont like the sound of that; but if I was in stage 1 band 2, with 5000 odd people above me in the pecking order I'd be seriously reconsidering my options. Those bands are merely there for PAS's security...coffee. wake up. smell it.

Those people who are now eliminated from stage 2 are the people I feel sorry for, especially if people, who they initially scored higher than get a crack off the whip..

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Leml123

The people in 601-3200 are in the same boat as people in band 2 and 3 from stage 1. We are going to be left hanging. I'm not saying everyone will, the people that will get called forward will be the top 1,500.

Only chance we have is if they announce massive recruitment numbers. 600 people for 300 jobs this year.. they will surely fill them from the first 1, 000. Time to give up and forget AGS. Don't wait around for the call that will more than likely never happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭n32

I m in the 900's and its very frustrating to be this close but not to have a definite idea of if or when I ll get a shout. The more I look at it , I cant see how they can take 600 people from 2 unsupervised internet tests and fill 300 very important positions from them. Either they are taking a very lazy approach or else they are examining people in batches of 600. PAS should be giving out a lot more information to clarify where they are going with this in the long term instead of leaving a few thousand people in limbo

Advertisement