Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Go Go Gadget

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

You know the way some of the clubs have distances marked on the ground in the park - 200m, 400m, 800m...? Has anyone marked out the car park yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

RayCun wrote: »
    You know the way some of the clubs have distances marked on the ground in the park - 200m, 400m, 800m...? Has anyone marked out the car park yet?

So I guess someone did spot myself and jcsmum out with a trundle wheel and can of spray paint yesterday. :):)

Sunday 29th jan
    3 miles
    Thought I'd fixed my knee but alas not. Headed out in the rain in Donegal but turned after 1.5 miles and prayed someone would offer me a lift home. Well p'd off with this now :(:(

Monday 30th Jan
    7 miles
    9.02 min/mile
    Really wanted to get out for a beach run so dosed up on painkillers and went out. Silly silly girl and paying for it now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

REST :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

pistol_75 wrote: »
    REST :mad:

^+1 :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Monday 30th Jan
    7 miles
    9.02 min/mile
    Really wanted to get out for a beach run so dosed up on painkillers and went out. Silly silly girl and paying for it now :(

You numpty :D. Nules and myself could have told you that strategy doesn't work...or perhaps your mum even :rolleyes:

Enjoy the foam rolling sessions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

You look after yourself missus! If you would like some good advice on how to do so, I suggest you check out your own posts on my log from last week... I did (for a change!) and it well worth it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Like I said before, we're all great at giving advice (myself included)....
    Look after yourself. You're running really well so don't jeopardise that.

Thanks guys. Yeah I know I was really stupid about this. I can't bend my leg at all now so rest is the only option now anyways :(

• Advertisement

Can you not zap it with your new eyes.

Seriously though I'm gutted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Get yourself checked out. It might be something quite simple so no panicing.

Mind how you go.

jcsmum wrote: »
    Can you not zap it with your new eyes.

Seriously though I'm gutted for you.

The eye people rang yesterday and I was going to ask for my money back coz it gave me a sore knee. What are my chances?! :)

Wednesday 8th February
    2 miles
    10:09 min/mile
    Couldnt sit about any longer so attempted two miles on the grass. Pain came back after 0.6 miles. Absolutely gutted. I've tried everything. Feels like all the training over the last few months is completely wasted :(:(

Wednesday 8th February
    2 miles
    10:09 min/mile
    Couldnt sit about any longer so attempted two miles on the grass. Pain came back after 0.6 miles. Absolutely gutted. I've tried everything. Feels like all the training over the last few months is completely wasted :(:(

Have you paid a visit to a PT? Sounds like what happened me week after Dublin 1/2 last year.

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Have you paid a visit to a PT? Sounds like what happened me week after Dublin 1/2 last year.

I have P. She worked on glutes, ITB etc working on any trigger points. Still have that awful stinging in the side of knee when I run over half a mile. How long were you coming back from yours?

I have P. She worked on glutes, ITB etc working on any trigger points. Still have that awful stinging in the side of knee when I run over half a mile. How long were you coming back from yours?

It took a few sessions alright and a couple of times during that it felt fine but when I took off it was killing me like you said.

Better to get it cleared up now and take it handy for a few weeks when you come back. To me it was just a combination of tight muscles that had built up over time.

Yeah I know what you are saying. Its a week and a half now since I've run and I'm so frustrated. Coz you think its ok when you are walking about but running is a whole different thing. At least its early in the year its happening and not close to DCM like what happened to you.

Sunday 12th February
    8.2 miles
    9:50 min/mile

Well after two weeks of no decent runs this was the big test of the knee. Met Nules at 10 in the park. About a mile in the knee started stinging and 3.5 miles the pain was pretty severe. Only for the aul chat I would have packed it in there and then. Kept going and the pain eased and was manageable. Said goodbye to Nules about mile 7 as she went on for a million more miles :). I've run out of ideas about what to do next so I guess I'll just keep running till it goes eventually. Really glad to get out nonetheless, two wks felt like an eternity!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

you did great but just mind the knee. You did look in pain at a few points. Hope the cold bath did the trick :)

• Advertisement

Sunday 12th February
    8.2 miles
    9:50 min/mile

Well after two weeks of no decent runs this was the big test of the knee. Met Nules at 10 in the park. About a mile in the knee started stinging and 3.5 miles the pain was pretty severe. Only for the aul chat I would have packed it in there and then. Kept going and the pain eased and was manageable. Said goodbye to Nules about mile 7 as she went on for a million more miles :). I've run out of ideas about what to do next so I guess I'll just keep running till it goes eventually. Really glad to get out nonetheless, two wks felt like an eternity!

Good to see you back but take it easy tho. Have you tried running with a support on for a few easy sessions?
    Sorry I missed the session but I needed the long sleep this morn, slept till 1 and only got up for a nice home cooked dinner!!

Ah crap, though the running break would have done the trick. Sorry to hear that you are still having pain. That really sucks.

I know its annoting as hell but get the knee checked out as the longer you run on it without checking it out, the more damage you may cause.

chinguetti wrote: »
    I know its annoting as hell but get the knee checked out as the longer you run on it without checking it out, the more damage you may cause.
    Shaz, yeah forgot my knee support thingy today. Prob would have helped!
    Chinguetti, I did and it's that bl''dy ITB syndrome. I'm following all the rules and thought 2 wks of rest wud do the trick but alas not :(

Monday 13th February
    3 miles
    8:25 min/mile
    Well with all my reading on ITB I read that if you go quicker it doesnt hurt as much. I have disproved this theory! I even tried an old pair of runners to see if they'd make a difference and then I bought glucosamine sulphate on my way home. I think I'm officially desperate at this stage. No jokes!

Monday 13th February
    3 miles
    8:25 min/mile
    Well with all my reading on ITB I read that if you go quicker it doesnt hurt as much. I have disproved this theory! I even tried an old pair of runners to see if they'd make a difference and then I bought glucosamine sulphate on my way home. I think I'm officially desperate at this stage. No jokes!

Crap...I've run out of options! Have tried the glucosamine which def helps my knee when it acts up. This prob doesn't help you tho as ITB wasn't the cause! Rainbow might have some ideas as she had ITB probs for a few months.

Thanks Shaz. I might just ask her for her miracle cure! Good to see you back :)

Thats a curse Ro. Do you have a foam roller to try and batter the ITB?

It takes time and is awful annoying but keep doing whatever you can to stretch it out.

chinguetti wrote: »
    Thats a curse Ro. Do you have a foam roller to try and batter the ITB?

It takes time and is awful annoying but keep doing whatever you can to stretch it out.
    I tell ya, the last three weeks have been a whole re education on stretching. Must order a proper foam roller now that you mention it. I have the stick but I'm not mad gone on it. Thanks Chinguetti

• Advertisement

I tell ya, the last three weeks have been a whole re education on stretching. Must order a proper foam roller now that you mention it. I have the stick but I'm not mad gone on it. Thanks Chinguetti

Keep at it Ro. Don't worry too much about distance at the moment or pace. It takes a while to get rid of. I have the stick as well bit didn't find it great for the ITB. If your getting a foam roller have a search for The Grid. It's a piece of pipe with a small covering over it. It will hurt the bejaysus out of you but it is much more effective.

Advertisement