Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 50 Mixtape Next Week

• 28-11-2011 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

50 Cent Announces Release Of A 10 Track Project

Fif also says he plans to release a video for every cut on the offering.

50 Cent has announced the release of a 10 track collection of tracks, slated to be released next week.

Fif took to Twitter to reveal the project, which will be released in honor of the 10 year anniversary of his first mixtape 50 Cent is the Future. He also said that he will be shooting a video for every track included on the collection.

The G-Unit leader last said that his oft-delayed fifth album would release in December, though the LP is currently without a release date.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.17750/50-cent-announces-release-of-a-10-track-project/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

if its anything like 50 is the future we are in for a real treat but id say its going to have more of album feel to it by the sounds of it going by this tweet
    "I'm shooting videos for every song on the tape. The BIG 10 I got something for a haters a** it called hits lol #SK."

he's put the pressure on himself, 50 is the future is one of my all time favorite mixtapes, it was the first of a series of class mixtapes before he got signed by eminem, this was his 1st though he released this after he got dropped by columbia when he was shot.

for anyone who wants to know how 50 use to sound like listen to 50 is the future, I remember listening to this after a friend recommended it to me a few months before 50 blew up just sounded so raw and hungry, theres just something missing in his music these days its just not there for me i cant pin point it maybe its the fact he's rapping the same stuff but as pointed out to me before there's no point in looking for progression of these kind of rappers, just take it for what it is.

1st track was released, its alright has it moments i suppose not a fan of it really tbh though.

this in fairness does sound good, behind the scenes of the video. I think the song is called "up" not sure its not on the mixtape anyway i dont think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Really I'm just hoping for an Eminem feature. Fifty said recently he had recorded four songs with Em, and there was big speculation over one leaking recently, but it never did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Excited about this. His mixtape work is generally excellent but as pointed out earlier he is probably going for a more commercial approach on this one with videos for every track. Hoping he goes hard on this one though.

just been confirmed as an LP, so expecting even more now. Its dropping friday night.

• Advertisement

not even gona bother posting anything up, it's ****ing sh*t to say the least another huge let down imo.

2 or 3 good songs of the supposeably big ten, his flow is gone and very very recycled.

very hard to listen to these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I am not shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

its the same old story though, people expect more from 50 than they do from anyone else.

kidd kidd is a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

I am very happy with the mixtape, this is the best stuff we have heard from 50 in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I am very happy with the mixtape, this is the best stuff we have heard from 50 in a long time.

It's the only stuff we've heard from 50 in a long time.

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

It's the only stuff we've heard from 50 in a long time.

Ah to be fair he has been dropping non stop free music for over a year, he recently just brought out a load of songs for the SK project, some were good.

The SK mixtape is out on daftpift.

@hugh (I'm on my phone can't qoute)

He does himself no favours constantly telling us he fin a start the restart button like it 03 again :) Iv after hearing this time after time since 07. He's even after saying in the build up to this mixtape, he's never gona top it not in a million years for lots of reasons .

The one thing he always claims on his songs for the last 3/4 years that he is back lol he hadn't had a solo hit since 07, he just comes of too rich you can't relate to the music and even if you could it's pretty bad.

There were some nice beats and 50 failed to keep up with them, his flow is gone to the dogs. And for me Kidd Kidd is one of the worst rappers Iv ever heard along with shawty lo.

Lloyd banks is the only member Of g unit IMO actually putting out good music consistantly for a number of years and I include everyone past and present in g unit.

Might seem like hate but the demise of g unit is there for everyone to see, the quality of music say from 03 right up to 07 cimpaired to now its crazy, we had class albums like grodt, beg for mercy, documentary, hunger for more , straight outa cashville and even yayo's album.

Look at the material being released by all of them in recent years its nothing short of average/poor, Ye there's been a few gems but the brake up of this group has effected every single 1 of these IMO, it's safe to say there all pretty much irrelevant music wise at least considering the level they use to be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Just finished listening to this, not impressed but I suppose I wasn't expecting much anyway, I'll listen to it a couple more times during the week and give it a chance to grow on me but really not feeling this tape right now..

Also agree with pretty much everything in your last post MUFC.

ye it had potential to be so much better.

this song could of been real good, the beat is crazy.

for once i actually think 50 was horrible on the hook too as he is most songs on it, he usually brings it at least on the hook front imo.

in fairness this one has grown on me, liking this paris one similiar to kim in ways.

there's the snippet from girls gone wild ft jerimia too thats coming soon from the album, its at the end of the headphone add sounds very up tempo/ techno- ish possibly.

VIBE
    Perfect 10? 5 Reasons We Love 50 Cent's New Mixtape, 'The Big 10'

http://www.vibe.com/photo-galleries/perfect-10-5-reasons-we-love-50-cents-new-mixtape-big-10

Pretty much agree with this.

i sound like a pr*ck now but this tape has after grown on me big time over the last week.

ye i was expecting better but its good, theres some bangers on it in fairness:).

i love that 50 appreciates and is a huge fan of the old school, to me some of his best songs of recent times have been over old school tracks.
    one of my favourites off the tape.

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    i love that 50 appreciates and is a huge fan of the old school, to me some of his best songs of recent times have been over old school tracks.
    one of my favourites off the tape.

ye sincerly yours southside is a good mash up of old school music with 50 rapping on it.

i also think when you see a video for a song sometimes it can do it good, like the song you posted above at first i taught it was a bit soft from 50, i know he's partial to these kind of songs every now and again but in terms of what it is "wait until tonight" isn't that bad its something for the ladies really i suppose.

i dont know what it is though, the tape's just grown on me, maybe because iv just calmed down and took it for what it is instead of expecting something different from 50.

ye sincerly yours southside is a good mash up of old school music with 50 rapping on it.

i also think when you see a video for a song sometimes it can do it good, like the song you posted above at first i taught it was a bit soft from 50, i know he's partial to these kind of songs every now and again but in terms of what it is "wait until tonight" isn't that bad its something for the ladies really i suppose.

i dont know what it is though, the tape's just grown on me, maybe because iv just calmed down and took it for what it is instead of expecting something different from 50.
    lol fukk you and ya little digs.:D
    im a huge old school soul/r&b fan so i love those kind of tracks.

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    lol fukk you and ya little digs.:D
    im a huge old school soul/r&b fan so i love those kind of tracks.

lol na i actually didnt mean it like that, i should of cleared it up a bit:D. i meant its more of a r'n'b feel to it even though the lryics are pretty explicit.

i like it man, has been on repeat a few times.:)

• Advertisement

lol na i actually didnt mean it like that, i should of cleared it up a bit:D. i meant its more of a r'n'b feel to it even though the lryics are pretty explicit.

i like it man, has been on repeat a few times.:)
    ye im a stan i admit it but without a word of a lie i love it.

Advertisement