Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tayto Park Rollercoaster

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I was over looking at them testing it last night, looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

yep all the pics of it looks great, im expecting Meath county council to ask Tayto park to remove it as they didnt use Irish Ash trees in its assembly..

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Looks fun all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Cocoon wrote: »
    Looks fun all the same

Sounds great too, love the sound of wooden roller coasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Love the guy's face on the right!

The queues for getting on that are going to be ridiculous though. Think about how long you wait at theme parks with dozens of rides. Don't know if I fancy queuing for 2 hours for a 90 second rollercoaster.

• Advertisement

Love the guy's face on the right!

The queues for getting on that are going to be ridiculous though. Think about how long you wait at theme parks with dozens of rides. Don't know if I fancy queuing for 2 hours for a 90 second rollercoaster.

I have chatted to females for a lot longer at nightclubs for 2 mins of fun (I was nervous):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

looks great.
    but what a god awful name for a rollercoaster Cú Chulainn.id say they were up for weeks thinking that one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Bad timing for the opening tbh with what happened at Alton towers...

Rollercoasters are subjected to constant inspection from engineers, accidents are actually quite rare and are more often than not down to human as opposed to mechanical error. Some people may still be a bit frightened though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Looks like some pretty decent ride time on it.

Although a point of contention: does the overbank turn that they've got there really count as an inversion? I've seen it spun in the media that it's an "inverted" coaster, but surely it doesn't count the same as a full loop/roll/corkscrew?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I have been on some of the largest wooden roller coasters in Europe and to be honest, i have had problems with the Jerky motion and my neck.

I have been on some of the best steel roller coasters in the world and found them really smooth and caused no issues with neck.

Its a shame but think i will give this coaster a miss for the moment, as it seems to suffer some of the same issues as the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I have been very pleasantly surprised by the reports that I have been hearing about this from the coaster enthusiasts who were invited to the media day today. The guys from Coasterforce have been raving about it and they rate it better than Woden and "three times better than Megafobia". This is great news for local tourism as enthusiasts will travel from all over the world just to ride this one coaster.

I was very sceptical and would have preferred an Intamin or Mack Mega lite - but fair play, Tayto Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

The new entrance is pretty impressive. I was wondering what was going on on that road!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

How much extra is the rollercoaster going to be?

extra?... 90 mins onto yer queue time

I prefer the steel rollercoasters, way smoother, I did quite a few wooden, and apart from being more jerky, still a good thrill..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I do love the sound of a wooden roller coaster.

well if I hear nails pop...im applying the brakes!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Puddle Q

Any more first hand reviews?

heard nowt... unusual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'll be over on Saturday or Sunday for a nosey

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Puddle Q

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'll be over on Saturday or Sunday for a nosey

Any news ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Advertisement