Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

11 weeks pregnant and still having morning sickness???

Options
  • 04-04-2011 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi all, i'm 11 weeks pregnant will be 12 on saturday and i was just wondering
    is it normal to still have morning sickness at this stage of pregnancy?
    I havent really gotten it much this is the 3rd time in about 2 weeks so i'd say i'm pretty lucky to some people. Anyway, i had a takeaway pizza on sat night and was grand yesterday felt a bit neauses as i do everyday and then today about 3 hours after breakfast i was sick. the same thing happened a couple of weeks ago, when i had mcdonalds i was sick the following day...
    is it normal. i do have a really go diet, eating lots of veg, yoghurts, fruit and all. oh just to point out... i love kiwis and have been eating one every day since i found out i was preg. and was sick twice now in the past 3 weeks or so since ive had them but what i dont get is... ive been eating them every day and some days i'm grand others i'm not....is it normal? any advice would be greatfully appriciated.

Thanks xx
    Kori

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    Hi all, i'm 11 weeks pregnant will be 12 on saturday and i was just wondering
    is it normal to still have morning sickness at this stage of pregnancy?

Yep. 11 weeks is still early days to be having it. I think my wife was around 16 weeks when it went. Some people have it the whole way through :eek: (though they're a minority). Once you're not losing weight you're grand. Even if you are losing weight you're probably grand, it just requires more medical supervision.

Sounds to me like you've nothing to worry about though. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

14v weeks and 2 days when it eased! I counted the days from 12w 0d!!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I didn't have much morning sickness, the odd morning but nothing major, however it was only last week (at 16 weeks) that I felt comfortable enough to take my plastic 'emergency morning sick' bag out of my car for the drive to work ;)

What I found handy was to have a relatively light brekkie, so that way there's not a huge amount to come back up if you are sick, and carry some crackers to snack on throughout the morning, Tuc biscuits were a lifesaver when I felt a bit queasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Yes, it's frustrating when all the books tell you morning sickness ends by 12 - 14 weeks. I'm still throwing up most days at 31 weeks and have been since 7 weeks. Hopefully you'll feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

With my first a girl I had morning sickness until i was in labour at 39 weeks (i was vomiting during the labour), i had it very bad and had to be hospitalised a couple of times as i was dehydrated, i was only 8 weeks pregnant the first time i had to be hospitalised.

With the second i had it on and off until 35 weeks when he was born (was never hospitalised with him).

With the 3rd another boy it wasn't too bad mostly nausea vomiting here and there again till 39 weeks when he was born.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Mom2Be

Every pregnancy is different.

My first, i was getting sick from day one right up until i had her.. And yes! By that i mean the whole pregnancy.

This one on the other hand, not a bit of sickness, its great other than the fact that i was due 9 days ago..

Best of luck and hope the sickness stops soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

My first i was sick the whole way through, discovered it was the iron that was doing it... the 2nd i was sick to the point of losing weight, again the whole way through and my 3rd i was sick til about 16 weeks and then the indigestion took over, again lost loads of weight on him (over 2 stone:D)
    This one i was just nauseous til last week, it seems to have eased but i''m not holding my breath. I honestly think the sickness is easier than the nausea. at least when you're sick you can eat, the last few weeks i haven't been able to go in the kitchen never mind cook anything. . . thank god my eldest is up for making pasta :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I've heard it's quite common to have nausea up until 20 weeks and for most people it eases after that (not for everyone as is clear from this thread!). I was rarely sick on my first and found that keeping a mandarin orange in my pocket to sniff in an emergency was very effective (I was craving oranges anyway - whatever works!).

I'm very early days on this one and already I've thrown up more times than I think I have in the rest of my life combined. My husband has to do a quick scan of the fridge each morning to make sure there's nothing in there that might set me off - a bowl of leftover soup that my brother stowed away set me off yesterday morning and it lasted for 3 hours. Bleugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I'm 19 weeks, and still getting it the odd time... nothing severe thankfully, but a bit of nausea and the odd bit of vomitting...
    As long as I'm eating and not letting myself get too hungry I'm usually ok! Lots of water... minimum 3 litres a day... is helping as well, and is even better as I'm finding it hard to stay hydrated so it's definitely needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I had it up until 15/16 weeks. I was puking maybe twice a day and a lot of nausea inbetween. I lost 2 stone from it all because I couldn't eat anything greasy, had to eat real plain simple food, the smell of stew before you added gravy did set me off the whole of my pregnancy. If you seem to only get it after eating mc donalds or pizza just try avoid these. Hopefully it goes soon enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Rabbitt

My wife is pregnant on our first child. She is getting the morning sickness quite bad. Any tips for her?
    Should she eat little amd often?
    Also does anyone know of any good baby shops in NI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Little and often, plain things if she can, I found any sauces etc made me feel quite bad. Ginger helps, so if she eats some ginger nuts or ginger bread it should help...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

With my first a girl I had morning sickness until i was in labour at 39 weeks (i was vomiting during the labour), i had it very bad and had to be hospitalised a couple of times as i was dehydrated, i was only 8 weeks pregnant the first time i had to be hospitalised.

With the second i had it on and off until 35 weeks when he was born (was never hospitalised with him).

With the 3rd another boy it wasn't too bad mostly nausea vomiting here and there again till 39 weeks when he was born.

I had totally forgot about vomiting in labour with my 1st but I had all day sickness for my whole pregnancy.
    2nd one I had some morning sickness and spend the pregnancy nauseaus but nothing major.
    Just eat anyhting that you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sadim

poor thing.small amounts often.best of luck:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Herself was sick for nearly 15 weeks. Ginger Ale and ginger nut biscuits helped but nothing can make it go away only time..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭christinadublin

I'm 29 weeks now and I still get the occasional morning sickness. I find it helps not to let yourself get hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

On my first pregnancy I was horribly sick from 6 weeks to 33 weeks, vomiting daily. I was beginning to think I'd never feel normal again, I hated every minute of it and was miserable. It was a boy.

This time, I feel sick in the mornings but apart from a bit of nausea I'm grand. I'm only 8 weeks at the moment. I'm convinced it must be a girl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 newbabymama

Hi there

I am 23 weeks pregnant and i had hyperemisis (extreme sickness) for the first 16 weeks more or less. I was vomiting 20 to 25 times a day and lost the guts of 2 stone. Was hospitalized 5 times I think. I was told that the pregnancy hormones usually plateau around 16 weeks or so but everyone is different. I still get a bit of nausea but I can cope with it.

I feel for anyone with sickness because it can really wipe you out completely. But when it is gone you will just love everything that comes with it : ) I hope that it ends soon for anyone that has it.

NBM

Advertisement