Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trying to find an alternator for a 99 Renault Clio 1.2

• 06-12-2014 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Trying to find an alternator for a 99 Renault Clio 1.2 ... apparently there are a few types, and mine appears to be the oddball one. :(

I don't see a way of uploading pics here, but there's a 4pin connector for a plug at the side/top of the alternator. I've tried various breakers yards with no joy - any ideas what I can do?
    My mechanic sent it off for reconditioning, but apparently it's knackered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Try phoning a few Auto-electricians. They should know if your particular alternator was fitted to other Renaults. eg. Megane.
    Might help you to find one in a Breakers if they were fitted to other Models.

Advertisement