Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Oracle wrote: »
    If you go abroad and don't buy either roaming addon, you'll still be able to text and call, the cost will come out of your credit, so you'll need extra credit on your account.

There's really no advantage in buying the €2 roaming text addon because EU roaming texts are 10c per message anyway, 20 texts costs €2: http://www.48months.ie/pricing

But there is an advantage in buying the €3.50 roaming calls addon because it allows you receive calls free while roaming in EU. Without the addon it costs 9c per min. to receive a call while EU roaming. Effectively with the €3.50 roaming calls addon, you're buying 10 mins of roaming calls in advance (35c per min) and getting "calls free to receive while roaming" as a bonus.

So are you saying that after 10 mins your been charged 9c a minute again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

torrevieja wrote: »
    So are you saying that after 10 mins your been charged 9c a minute again

No with the roaming addon you get 2 separate benefits; 10 mins of roaming calls to make from your mobile, and you can receive calls free while roaming for 30 days.

After the 10 minutes of outward roaming calls are used, you are charged 35c per minute to make a call. But you can still receive calls while roaming for free, that is unaffected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Ok next question. Do I need to take one of the packages for €10 or €15 per month at all? Can this be just used as a regular PAYG service, with you buying 750mb of internet whenever you need it? Or is part of the deal that you have to go on one of the basic packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭bren2001

Ok next question. Do I need to take one of the packages for €10 or €15 per month at all? Can this be just used as a regular PAYG service, with you buying 750mb of internet whenever you need it? Or is part of the deal that you have to go on one of the basic packages.

The "packages" are membership fees. If you don't pay for membership, you won't be on the network. You have to buy a package. You cant just buy credit and use it as a PAYG phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Fair enough. Cant go complaining about €10 per month I dont think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭KuriousOranj

Do you have to lie about your age when you sign up if you're older then 21?

With VF on PAYG atm and paying €20 a month for free texts and internet,so this €10 deal is very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Hoping to switch to "48" over next few days and buy an unlocked Iphone 4S.

Any problems setting it up or with using an Iphone on the "48" network??

Oracle wrote: »
    If you go abroad and don't buy either roaming addon, you'll still be able to text and call, the cost will come out of your credit, so you'll need extra credit on your account.

There's really no advantage in buying the €2 roaming text addon because EU roaming texts are 10c per message anyway, 20 texts costs €2: http://www.48months.ie/pricing

But there is an advantage in buying the €3.50 roaming calls addon because it allows you receive calls free while roaming in EU. Without the addon it costs 9c per min. to receive a call while EU roaming. Effectively with the €3.50 roaming calls addon, you're buying 10 mins of roaming calls in advance (35c per min) and getting "calls free to receive while roaming" as a bonus.

If Someone rings me from Ireland are they charged at a Higher rate and will they know when they ring me ?

If im in Spain What network should i use over there when im on 48?

• Advertisement

torrevieja wrote: »
    If Someone rings me from Ireland are they charged at a Higher rate and will they know when they ring me ?

If im in Spain What network should i use over there when im on 48?

On the 3.50 rate i dont get any text messages free and i am charged 10c is that correct ?

On the 3.50 rate i dont get any text messages free and i am charged 10c is that correct ?

and what network do i use in spain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Everybody would agree it is cheap, just my2p of personal experience - received the sim card, tried to move my phone number to 48months and it stuck, nothing is happening for more than 4 hours and sure the service of moving number is 10 am to 4 pm, will have to try again tomorrow. Can't call it smooth progress so far :o

Posted help request to the agent and no reply also. I might get some reply in next day or two. Still wondering - does the support exists at all

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

If porting your number between any carriers, you should always do it during business working hours.

bk wrote: »
    If porting your number between any carriers, you should always do it during business working hours.

It's still business hours , ok last 9 business minutes ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 256 ✭✭Dr Silly Bollox MD

rai555 wrote: »
    Still wondering - does the support exists at all
    Within 24 hours.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

rai555 wrote: »
    It's still business hours , ok last 9 business minutes ;)

Monday to Friday, I wouldn't recommend doing this at the weekend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Doesn't have to be weekday, plenty of porting done 7 days, just reduced hours on weekends.

Is there any particular reason ?

• Advertisement

and what network do i use in spain ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Haven't read all the pages in this thread, so just wondering can that €10 deal for calls/texts still be purchased?

They've changed all their plans recently and it's costing me a fortune on buying extra minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Haven't read all the pages in this thread, so just wondering can that €10 deal for calls/texts still be purchased?

They've changed all their plans recently and it's costing me a fortune on buying extra minutes!

No, you can only buy the new plans now

Edit : I stand corrected, if you joined before March 5th you can buy the old memberships.

TheTechGuy wrote: »

Thanks so much. Going to have a look at other companies see if any work out cheaper.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

TheTechGuy wrote: »

Marked Expired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Is anyone else having problems with receiving calls sometimes? Sometimes when people call me it goes straight to voice mail even when I have full signal. Also some texts take hours to arrive. 48 weren't much help and just told me to switch my phone off and on again. Has anybody been in the same position and found a fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

can you tell me to avail of just text messages while im in spain to send back to ireland

do i just put in credit to my phone ???and it will deduct as i send texts ??? at 10c a text ?

• Advertisement

Been with them since last year, when I went to buy my membership at the start of march, it only gave me options for the new plans, no old plans at all, the same for my boyfriend and mum, they were only given options of new plans, no old plans at all.

Advertisement