Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Fries Taytos

• 16-02-2012 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭

Hello just wondering does anbody know are these still around ?? Been looking in every shop i've been in around Limerick and can't get them ??, Does anybody remember who makes them even as i work in a shop and could ask the right rep about them I'd buy a box or three if i could get them somewhere

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

If they are called French Fries Taytos why not email Tayto and ask whether or not they are still in production?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No there definitly not made by Tayto they were like a cheap packet of taytos the same go as banshee bones and them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

No there definitly not made by Tayto
    So why do you call them French Fries Taytos?

Okay French Fries Crips then lol do either of you know the ones I'm talking about ? The little blue bag with the guy and the girl on the front and there shaped the same as chipsticks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I know the ones you're talking about, but I could never recall who made them.
    I've not seen them in a few years to be honest, I loved them.

They were as you say, chipstick shaped, bacon type taste, blue packet with a bit of see-thru at the front, with a guy & girl and it used to say 'ooh la la' on it.

I miss them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Similar to the French Fries by Walkers?

Fart wrote: »
    Similar to the French Fries by Walkers?

nope, they're a much harder crisp & different texture, I'd think them quite different myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Mini Chips by KP.

prdImg_311.jpg

Calling all crisps Taytos is wrong.

Eviledna wrote: »
    Mini Chips by KP.

They're another completely different crisp, thin hard sticks, S&V flavour, quite nice though.

The French Fries the OP is on about I think have long been out of production, they were similar in texture to chipsticks, thicker like them, but a bacon type flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

No there definitly not made by Tayto they were like a cheap packet of taytos the same go as banshee bones and them

I think I have a vague recollection, we're they not made by perri?

• Advertisement

Yeah there definitly not making them anymore as far as i know i've exhausted all avenues at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭be wide of me

Saw these in Lidl in Cork yesterday 12 pack for €1.99, the blue bags. More than positive it's the one's you're talking about!

Saw these in Lidl in Cork yesterday 12 pack for €1.99, the blue bags. More than positive it's the one's you're talking about!

Do you mean these by any chance?

I emailed Tayto like a week or so ago, still no word back. (Asking if they did produce them once upon a time).

Upon reflection, maybe King made these... I've mailed them now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

star-pants wrote: »
    Do you mean these by any chance?

I emailed Tayto like a week or so ago, still no word back. (Asking if they did produce them once upon a time).

Upon reflection, maybe King made these... I've mailed them now too.
    Tayto didn't make them.
    The OP was doing that bizarre thing where peopel call all crisps "Taytos"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

i'm certain king made em. perri make the banshee bones

the 'tayto' thing brings a smile. the nordies used to take the piss out of us 'mexicans' over it and the 'th' s

it made us worse and we'd go for walkers taytos where possible.

Hate to bump an old thread but I got that longing for these again today did anyone ever hear back from the companies they contacted ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

They used to be 12p a packet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Wasn't everything 12p at one stage :)

Whoever was asking the question. Yes they were King French Fries, they came in a navy packet with yellow writing. They were Smokey Bacon flavour. They don't make them anymore. They were just too nice.

King, Tayto etc all part of the one company now and lots of these snacks have disappeared. Crunchos were another King product (hot dog flavour) to bite the dust.

Tayto now do a curry flavoured type chipstick in the UK only!

http://www.tayto.com/products/snacks/39-curry-chips-.html

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Livefornow

The french Fries were made under the King brand until about 10 years ago. They are no longer in production.
    Tayto, King, Perri and Hunky Dorys are now all made by Largo Foods in Ashbourne Co Meath. The link, in a previous post, for the Curry Flavour Chipstick is made by Tayto NI which is an entirely different company based in Tandragee Co Armagh. The founder of Tayto in Ireland, Joe Murphy, sold the Name and UK rights to the Tandragee based operation, hence the differing logos and even different Mr Tayto's. Largo foods own the Tayto brand for everywhere in the world except the UK.
    Legally this means that any shop in the Republic of Ireland who stocks a Northern Ireland Tayto branded crisp is selling counterfeit goods and vice versa.

Advertisement