Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N5 - Longford Bypass (under construction)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Storm2

Nice to see the bypass motoring along nicely so far. I've never been to Longford although the shiny new bypass will help unclog the ancient town centre with its diabolic surface. Pity the N63 is still dumping traffic into the town, but you can't have everything I suppose. Also, if Longford were to repeat Kells' manoeuver of making the town centre full of Regional Roads then the Irish Government will probably run out of money and die. Also, the N63 is a NS road, not an NP. That's the bottom line of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭UrbanMonkey

Just read on the paper the other day that 2 of the 3 bridges have already been bombed with graffiti. :cool:

No matter how many times they try to clean it or whatever, there will always be graffiti under that new railway bridge. It's a golden spot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭stevielenihan

Just read on the paper the other day that 2 of the 3 bridges have already been bombed with graffiti. :cool:

No matter how many times they try to clean it or whatever, there will always be graffiti under that new railway bridge. It's a golden spot!

Graffiti is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭UrbanMonkey

Graffiti is dead.

Say what you want. It's my passion.. Along with hip-hop.

Oh, and by the way, graffiti is well and alive in Longford.
    http://www.shannonside.ie/news-details.php?nid=12715&action=newsdetails

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭countryjimbo

Passed this recently and its fairly well advanced, anyone know when the opening date is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 capnjack

• Registered Users Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Great news for Longford, the N5 is/was a major bottlekneck through the town. Looking forward to seeing completed pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

opening tomorrow,2 months ahead of schedule according to the local news.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭black47

yabadabado wrote: »
    opening tomorrow,2 months ahead of schedule according to the local news.

Good news for Longford. Wonder will the Ballaghhadreen bypass start soon? Enda seems to be progressing the N5 upgrade by stealth. No major fanfare but the route is being developed bit by bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭airman737

Opening at 11am This morning. I am going to try and be the first car on it :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

airman737 wrote: »
    Opening at 11am This morning. I am going to try and be the first car on it :-)

Am I right in thinking that this will be Ireland's first new road for over a year - not counting online upgrades or close realignments? Wasn't the Castleisland Bypass the last major project to open?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭hiDEhi

I was on this road this morning. There is already loads of traffic on it. It will definitely shorten the journey time for travellers to and from the west. Great surface on it. You are the far side of the town in minutes. Also it will take a lot of the heavy traffic out of Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Was on the bypass at lunch time. I reckon its full of "Longford Road Tourist" out for a spin, inspecting the road and bridges!!! Pretty busy. :D

Some pics here:

http://www.longfordcoco.ie/coco_content.aspx?id=25178

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭SeanW

Was on the bypass today, nice job :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

On it today. Very nice. Roll on the B'dreen bypass!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

On it today. Very nice. Roll on the B'dreen bypass!
    Just for housekeeping - can a mod rename the thread to indicate that construction is finished?

Advertisement