Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for a Cable

• 08-12-2004 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I could find a 1/4" jack cable that splits into two. I just got my ME-50 and I need to connect from one input to two footswitches to bank up/down and have the option of turning on/off compressor and tone modify. I can't seem to find any on thomann, or in any music shop in Limerick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

They are called Insert Cables. Stereo jack on one end and two mono jacks on the other. i got a load of em off thomann the other day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Nice one. Is shipping still €25 on just one of those, if I order off thomann.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

What might be easier is to get a foot switch with two buttons on it and a stereo input jack. Actually pretty handy to make if you're good with a soldering iron and a drill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

yeah unfortunatly they will still charge you 25 quid for shipping. ask around here and see if anyones ordering something off thomann and you can thrown them a fiver towards shipping or something and get yours sent. or like Fey said, you could chance soldiering it OR!
    Buy a stereo cable, chances are it will be mini jack as 1/4 Jacks in stereo an be hard to come by.
    Buy a mini to 1/4 jack adapter and lash it on one end. THEN....
    On the other end buy a stero jack to 2X mono Jack adapter and run cables out of them.

-[]
    ======
    if you get me

It would be messy but it would work

Actually, now that I think of it, you could just get a pedal for a two channel amp (one that has two buttons and a stereo jack). I imagine that the ME-50 responds to a pulse from being to earth (if that makes sense) so you could replace the switchs in the pedal with non latching ones...

• Advertisement

I already have the footswitches. I had them lying around before I bought the pedal, so all I need is the cable.

Oh, ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

I thought Savins would be able to sort you out for that, tho I havent been there in 5 years, Is it still going?

Maplins in dublin would have them, maplin deliver but im not sure of price.

I'd say the problem is I was asking for the wrong type of cable. I'll go in again anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

They're also called y-cables or stereo splitters. "Insert leads" include stereo jack to rca and (possibly the most common) stereo jack to two different gender xlrs. A "stereo jack to 2 mono jacks" lead is what it is, so if you ask for that in a shop you should have no problems - if they have it.

If you're stuck, get two guitar leads, a roll of insulating tape (maplin), and a stereo jack (preferably neutrik, in maplin). Remove the jacks on one end of each lead and attach the stereo jack The stereo jack soldering is pretty straight forward - both earth/shields go to the sleeve, then one lead's signal to the ring, and the other one to the tip. Apply liberal amounts of insulating tape to the jointed end.

• Advertisement

I got it in the end. Thanks for the help lads.

Advertisement