Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

other european online music stores..?

• 06-12-2004 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

anyone know of any other online european music stores apart from thomann and musicstore..? there's a pedal i really want but because its adaptor-powered only i cant get it cheap from america (voltage difference or something)... and neither of the above seem to stock them..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭nickcave

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

www.gak.co.uk

oopps, just noticed the post above has the same site redface.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

What's the pedal, and what kind of adaptor does it use? You could buy US (but beware of tax!) and then get an adaptor here - they tend to be fairly generic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

www.spectresound.co.uk

Absolutely fabulous:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭gzdamien

none of those stocked it... its a carl martin pedal, even though they're a danish company they seem to be extremely scarce/expensive in europe but pretty widespread and a lot cheaper in the US. i have considered getting it from the states and getting transformers/adaptors, etc but realistically its gonna be enough extra hassle carrying a plugboard to make sure theres a close enough power point for it, without having to worry about extre plugs/adaptors as well..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Most pedals use a 9v DC 200mA adaptor. There are two differences between an American one and a UK/Ireland one: the voltage you transform from is different (110-120v as opposed to 220-240v), the socket you plug into is a different shape. If you buy an adaptor here (try Maplin and Dixons), it will replace the US one you get with it, and serve the same function. It's pretty straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Anyone know any others, German, French, UK? I've been looking for a Fender splatter strat for a while now. I was just about to order one off Thomann when they sold out, and now I can't find them anywhere, and those that I can fnd are ugly ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭masto1983

You can get a Splatter Strat for $325 at http://www.chrisguitars.com/ .

Here's a sample, but theres six there!
    2003 Fender Splatter Stratocaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

bet ya there doc!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yeah but who told ya about Chris in the first place ;)

Larry Flint?

Advertisement