Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

Beautify strap Peasant.

Was that a pre-made one or can you customize it with different colour stitching for the same money. Instead of orange at the ends red or black maybe.

From what I read he will make the strap to suit your required length for whatever the price ends at auction. Is this right?

LL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The strap I bought was already pre-made ...I chose it because of the orange accents.

He does however make straps to order and most of his current ebay ads seem to say that you can specify your chosen strap further (you can also add a big V-shaped PAM style buckle for an extra tenner)

He even makes custom straps for watches that customers have sent him ...but I suspect you won't get them at ebay prices (see his website)

He seems to be fairly new to the ebay market ...when I bought my strap his auctions still started at one Euro ..but I guess he was losing money that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

just got an email yesterday that my Ikarus is 2 1/2 weeks ahead of schedule and will be shipped today.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,693 ✭✭✭✭unkel

peasant wrote: »
    I've gone and done an uncle on my Quondam :D

:D

Beautiful strap and those starting prices on eBay are very reasonable too. What prices roughly have you seen them sell for on eBay?

I get why you bought a vintage (material) strap. Leather is just better when it is worn. It lives!

I went into the shower with my brand new Hirsch strap the day I got it just to get the aging going a bit quicker :D

I can't see myself wearing a metal strap again any time soon.

unkel wrote: »
    ..those starting prices on eBay are very reasonable too. What prices roughly have you seen them sell for on eBay?

I've only come across this seller two or three weeks ago, at that time prices started at 1 euro and I got my strap for a laughable 17.50. (the orange bit seemed to turn other buyers off :D)

My guess would be that his prices will only go up ...especially as he asks 99 Euro if you custom order via his website

• Advertisement

He only ships to Germany though :(

I had no issues with that, bid went through and obviously I got the shipment also.

I wrote to him in German though ...don't know how good his English is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭overpronator

Stowa Marine Auto. I absolutely love this watch, very classy in person. Unbelievable value all things considered.

6cMue6Vl.jpg

unkel wrote: »
    He only ships to Germany though :(
    I had no issues with that, bid went through and obviously I got the shipment also.

I wrote to him in German though ...don't know how good his English is.

I ordered a strap from him through e-bay.ie yesterday(went to ebay.de first for item number) but it wouldn't let me pay for it as he doesn't have PayPal as an payment option.

I sent him a message through ebay.ie regarding payment (in English). He said to add €6.90 to the winning auction price for delivery to Ireland and tell him my preferred strap width and length.

He gave me his paypal email address and I sent payment which he acknowledged.

Now the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

@Overpronator beautiful, classy Stowa, well wear

TbL

• Advertisement

The Black Bettys :D

247205.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Pam 359 on an OEM Assolutamente strap

P1040241_zps49c07779.jpg

P1040245_zps40dafec5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Cyrus wrote: »
    Pam 359 on an OEM Assolutamente strap

Lovely.. its unusual to see all the digits on a Pam

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Vostok Amphibian Ministry AMM710 case commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Vostok 5/6 missions of June 14th 1963.
    For first time in history, a man and a woman went on a joint mission in space.

4d38c890-6b25-4a97-bd6a-188cbe51a6c9_zpsf256e589.jpgSAM_1272_zps0b4f9a57.jpg

Seiko SNZH71J1 aka "The Piston"

A watch from the Seiko 5 series with a brown, racing/tachometer style dial.
    It comes from the factory on a brown rubber strap.

248833.JPG

The strap is of good quality and quite comfortable, but the colour is "meh" at best :D But I already had something else in mind. A dinner and a strap change later it looks like this:

248834.JPG

much better :cool:
    I was kinda sorry to take this strap off the Quondam, but it fits the Seiko much better. On the Quondam the strap was inbetween holes, either too loose or to tight, here it's just perfect as the Seiko is that bit smaller.

But back to the watch.
    Main reason I went for this is because I really like the structured case

248835.JPG

nice mix of brushed and polished surfaces and then there is that that grooved center section sort of floating between the lugs and on the case bottom.

And the dial is quite nice too:

248836.JPG

So is the bezel and the crown

248837.JPG

Plus it's a Japan domestic market version which should help resale (if it ever comes to that)

bahhh ..just noticed I set the day wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Think that's the nicest Seiko 5 I've seen, really like the case sides. Works well on the strap P :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

I wish I had seen that Seiko on my recent travels to Tokyo. Lucky I'm back there on Monday. I'd better take the wife out for dinner this weekend to day sorry in advance.

There are a few more Seiko SNZH's with the same case style.
    Number 69 is as above but black & red and some lower 60 numbers have "normal" dials

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Jus a little bit of searching. The '63 has caught my eye. Would make a good partner for the SARZ021 I picked up in February.

I think I forgot to post this up after my last trip. This Orient disc watch caught my eye on the first trip and when I went back it really stood out. I was looking for something a little different, but still classy looking. I also picked up the optional leather strap as most of watches are on bracelets. Sorry for grabbing a stock photo. I'll try to get a shot of it on the leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

There are a few more Seiko SNZH's with the same case style.
    Number 69 is as above but black & red and some lower 60 numbers have "normal" dials

Must.... look for that..... or similar. Very nice peasant- very nice indeed.

Can I ask, if it's not rude- where you bought it and how much you paid for it? I'm seeing prices of €185 or so all in on eBay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭Ryath

Must.... look for that..... or similar. Very nice peasant- very nice indeed.

Can I ask, if it's not rude- where you bought it and how much you paid for it? I'm seeing prices of €185 or so all in on eBay.

http://www.creationwatches.com/products/seiko-automatic-sports-89/seiko-5-sports-automatic-divers-snzh71j1-snzh71-snzh71j-mens-watch-2391.html

Its one that has tempted me before then dismissed seeing peasants pictures has me reconsidering

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ryath wrote: »
    http://www.creationwatches.com/products/seiko-automatic-sports-89/seiko-5-sports-automatic-divers-snzh71j1-snzh71-snzh71j-mens-watch-2391.html

Its one that has tempted me before then dismissed seeing peasants pictures has me reconsidering

Wow that looks like a great price, judging against what I'd seen on eBay. Hmnn roll on payday.

Got it from an Italian seller on the bay for 142.50 + shipping (20 !) (sold out now)

There are cheaper options out of Singapur / Hong-Kong (especially if it doesn't have to be the "made in Japan" version) but I don't like playing the customs/ Fed-EX / UPS charges lottery.

Wow that looks like a great price...

That IS a great price ...was dearer last week when I ordered from the bay in the end

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

not mine and stolen from reddit but it made me lol
    "Couldn't afford a grandfather clock. Close enough."
    R9OmQUql.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

got this tissot prs516 for my birthday recently

nqctxe.jpg

8vu2yq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Nice Tissot. Nice racing look to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ya really like that snzh71 peasant...the 69 is also nice but I have enough black face watches at the moment
    I seen the brown one before and its actually cheaper than the black ;)

It's Sunday, it's pissing rain and blowing a gale ...warm thoughts are called for :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=602784&thumb=1&d=1365942847
    attachment.php?attachmentid=602783&thumb=1&d=1365942847
    attachment.php?attachmentid=602782&thumb=1&d=1365942847
    attachment.php?attachmentid=602781&thumb=1&d=1365942847
    attachment.php?attachmentid=602780&thumb=1&d=1365942847

• Advertisement

Love those pictures, world class!

I'm sorry for the Quondam though. Robbed :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement