Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

dreamweaver cs6 fluid layout

• 15-02-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Just watching a few videos about this but question is does it make seperate css sheets for the tablet, mobile and desktop displays or do you do it all in the one stylesheet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I don't know how dreamweaver does it but you can keep them all in the same stylesheet using media queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Was just reading up on it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Munster Blogger

Just watching a few videos about this but question is does it make seperate css sheets for the tablet, mobile and desktop displays or do you do it all in the one stylesheet?

It keeps them all in the same css using media queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CBIL360

Are you asking about responsive design where single style sheet is used for all. The idea is to make websites platform/device independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Just on this topic.

Once you choose a fluid layout (any fluid layout) does that pretty much mean the site will be responsive?

I prefer using Wordpress for Web Design but HAVE to use Dreamweaver for what I'm currently doing! It's fun but tough!

• Advertisement

Wow haven't seen this post in a while!!

Moved well past fluid layouts or dreamweaver as a matter of fact! use nice old sublime text to code my stuff now! Check out css3 media queries you can scale your site by orientation, size, device etc. etc.

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_mediaquery.asp

I know, I thought I'd never need to use Dreamweaver myself. Over 25% of websites are used now with Wordpress, so it is annoying.

callaway92 wrote: »
    I know, I thought I'd never need to use Dreamweaver myself. Over 25% of websites are used now with Wordpress, so it is annoying.

Wordpress is a really great tool, making themes from scratch is difficult without an understanding of PHP but tis a really nice way to design sites. I've done my own site through wordpress. www.evanbdesigns.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Wow haven't seen this post in a while!!

Moved well past fluid layouts or dreamweaver as a matter of fact! use nice old sublime text to code my stuff now! Check out css3 media queries you can scale your site by orientation, size, device etc. etc.

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_mediaquery.asp

Sublime text editor is awesome :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Sublime is handy, but you can get the 'Emmet' extension running in DW easily enough to speed things up, probably best to surpass DW's own RWD and just use the main frameworks instead (TBS3*/Foundation etc) *Mobile1st with a bit of php. Not a fan of WP as most clients are tech-illiterate and don't want to touch even an easy-to-use CMS's, it seems also to be in constant need for security precautions/updates for various plugins.

• Advertisement

Wordpress is a really great tool, making themes from scratch is difficult without an understanding of PHP but tis a really nice way to design sites. I've done my own site through wordpress. www.evanbdesigns.com

Ya I made a website with WordPress last semester and it looked great. The one I'm doing now on Dreamweaver not so much! :(

Your site there looks lovely as do most WordPress sites. They're pretty obvious when I see them but I like them.

Advertisement